Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kambala Communique Simplified

Troop Contributing Countries (TCC) secured a symbolic support from Somali Government to reject UN role and maintain current command and control under the loose AMISOM arrangement. Kenya particularly won as all TCC countries rallied her defense regarding recent accusations from Hassan's team.

President Hassan's school boy crush on Kismayo got in the way of his better judgement as he was satisfied with a non practical, unenforceable language in the communique calling a total and immediate transfer of national assets including airport and harbor of Kismayo to the federal government. The net result is strengthened TCC, and weakened president of Somalia.

I am not sure he realizes that yet :D

Gabbal   

I agree with assessment; I don't agree with interpretation.

Two important things came out of Kampala namely the continued African "ownership" of Somalia's security gains and the political legitimacy understood around the region that says officially Somalia is in charge of Somalia.

It is one thing if unofficially not in charge, but totally different if even official legitimacy is denied to you. Actors will think twice about entangling with Somalia's national domestic politics to the extent we had seen Kenya do in Kismaayo. The government just wanted recognition of priority of concern understood. There are on going plans to translate into a physical presence capable of downgrading necessity of Kenyan security monopoly in that area.

Even so, Kenya has done a lot to help Somalia and hosts large refugees. Bad blood isn't what either want nor the region wants between them.

As for the vote against the UN move. It was an appropriate one. The world might have contributed through some financial support, but Somalia would not be what it is today without the brave decision taken by the African Union and sacrifice endured by the Ugandans especially.

There is no reason for the UN and its huge self-glorifying bureaucracy to claim success on the backs of dead Ugandans and Burundians.

They had ample time to own the Somalia issue. They did not take it because they could not have taken. Museveni toom it and he has a right to be recognized by Somalia's government in that regard.

xiinfaniin;973282 wrote:
Canbuulo iyo
Warsheeq
Bun,

Do you disagree with my assessment?

:confused:

xiin tani intaa iga dhaaftid im more interested in knowing why jubbada dhexe is still 100% ruled by shabaab? :D;)

I am not in a disagreement in your overall take either. Our views significantly diverge however on the nature of Kismayo conflict. I happen to believe that the Kismayo fiasco is a manifestation of Somalia domestic political quarrel. Kenya is nothing more than an AMISOM presence that refused to do SFG's bidding. Blaming Kenya would be remembered one of the foolish moves this Mogadishu administration have done.