Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Khatumo conference Part 3

Haatu;972972 wrote:
The Mogadishu government is sadly just that, a Mogadishu Government. Is SNM/Somaliland want independence, I say go idinka iyo Ilaaheygiin but don't claim other clan's territory as part of your clan project. I genuinely wouldn't like it and would advice you lot to stay as you are until a proper Somali government comes and then make a deal with them as I don't believe Independence will solve anything but if you guys seriously believe that is the best way forward then goodbye and good luck, but just stick to your lands.

First of all no one is claiming any land Somaliland rules the regions it rules because the people of those region are in agreement.I believe in post civil war that no clan could occupy another clan. When Khatumites say we are occupied they are not telling the whole truth, in and around sool there are close to 5000 troops well trained and 90% of them are of the Garaad clan. I believe how can there be so many troops in post civil war be one the enemy side or the occupying force.If Somaliland was a clan state how is it a possible a clan can occupy another clan. This never happened between the SNM clans and the garaad clans and they lived in the region for centuries together.

Taleexi;972976 wrote:
I wished rationality was part of your dictionary. I believe Khatumo one way or another has to deal with and come terms with PL and SL but who are you when you are giving choices what Khatumo should do - If I use the same logic - how many individuals from the subsequent transitional governments of Mogadishu came to Hargeisa, and no one minds their business so, after all, few zealots are milking the secession experimentation while the masses are misguided. Remember, everyone is a part of the main or we are individuals.

Taleexi i am not giving choices to Khatumo the have so many choices they have so many options they can even create an autonomous state it all can happen. But do they have the desire to achieve that do they have the will to create such a state. Are the khatumo leadership interested in that. For example khatumo holds a few villages in eastern sool taleex bocaame buurawadal and others. But the Puntland admin comes in and tries to undermine Khatumo. The leadership of Khatumo does little to stop them. Cali sandule is captured when he was touring northern sool he is released after a few hours. i than think how is khatumo going to create a state, when its making such errors. I remember when the SNM clans were rastafarians in the 80s and they were fighting the siad bare regime. if they captured a person working for the regime they either used to convert him to SNM or they used to torture him or they would kill him, to send a message. It doesn't mater if he belonged to the clan or not, he was working for the enemy. Taleexi the so called members working for the previous TFG if they want to come to Somaliland they have to ask for forgiveness and repent. These guys hold no power but how can u compare the powerless TFG officials with the powerful garaad clan officials who are part of Somaliland government The powerless TFG officials of the past could not enforce their law they have been humiliated jailed and deported from Somaliland

Taleexi   

Xaaji, Saaxiib sheeko xariir yar baan kula wadaagayaa - Bal halkaasna maanta ha inoo joogto post-eid dagaal baynuba ku bilownaye - Beri baa waxaa jirey boqor gabadh qurux badan dhalay, gurigana nin adoon ah baa uga shaqayn jirey maalintii danbe gabadhii baa Aabbaheed u tagtay oo ku tidhi, Aabbe kan addoonka ah naga iibi, isla habeenkii mar adoonku u adeegayey boqorka ayaa adoonkii ku yidhi "Boqorow muraad baan kaa lahaa caawa" dabadeed boqorkii oo ka fekersanaa hadalkii gabadhiisu ku tidhi baa adoonkii u ogolaaday inuu muraadkiisa sheegto, adoonkii baa ku yiri " Gabadhaada hebla waa jeclahay ee ii guuri", markaas buu intuu madaxa ruxay ugu jawaabay "Gabadha iyo adoonku isma fahamsana" - Hadda Xaaji iyo Taleexi isma fahamsana ee halkaa inagu kala nabad geli.

Taleexi   

Oo haddaad is diidsay maxaan isu diidsin waayey! - Nabad ku wada noolaanshaha bal cidda danta gaarka ahi ugu jirto ha la arko :)

Waligay ba nabad ma didin nabada wa ban tan ugu jecelahay ma maqashayd dagaal ka dhaca dhulalkeena beryahan mayaa, because nabada wa la wada dhawraya qolo walba dhinaceeda.Laakin waxaynu ka wada hadlayene siyaasada khatumo iyo shirarka cuusb waxay so kordhinayaan.

GAROODI   

Haatu;972972 wrote:
The Mogadishu government is sadly just that, a Mogadishu Government. Is SNM/Somaliland want independence, I say go idinka iyo Ilaaheygiin but don't claim other clan's territory as part of your clan project. I genuinely wouldn't like it and would advice you lot to stay as you are until a proper Somali government comes and then make a deal with them as I don't believe Independence will solve anything but if you guys seriously believe that is the best way forward then goodbye and good luck, but just stick to your lands.

This is a SOMALILAND on SOMALILAND debate sejuis should focus on Kenya you are not part of Somalia or SOMALILAND

This is starting to look like a movie. lol Part 3 kulaha. What's next? Part 4, Part 5? The reality is, G-11, the conspirators of the Khaatumo fiasco are in it for 2 things. One, is to merge SSC with Somaliland and two, is to get a share of the money from the oil exploration and drilling that will take place soon.

GAROODI;973007 wrote:
This is a SOMALILAND on SOMALILAND debate sejuis should focus on Kenya you are not part of Somalia or SOMALILAND

Haatu is right. SNM was a clan-based movement. It's like USC claiming northern Galkaacyo, Caabudwaaq and Beledxaawo. No sane Somali, regardless of his clan background would agree with that. No, for you [GAROODI], you obviously don't hail beelaha H.a.r.t.i of Sool, Sanaag and southern Togdheer deega, so it blows my mind to see you calaacal and claim their territories as yours. lol

When I say Sool and Sanaag, I'm talking about the areas within these two regions they, your 'enemy clan' inhabit.

IN THE END OF THE DAY, I KNOW WHERE GAROODI IS COMING FROM. IT'S ALL ABOUT XOOG. DO YOU HAE THE STRENGTH TO STOP ME [GAROODI] FROM CLAIMING YOUR TERRITORIES?

The answer is obviously, no. Taleexi iyo his kin are not that strong as of today to physically stop Somaliland. All they can do is type words on a forum from time to time.

SNM cease to exist in 1993, after the Borama conference a civilian goverment was elected all inclusive of all regions of Somaliland. Although there were members who supported the SNM like Garaad cabdiqani Garad jamac and Mujahid Fagadhe who was the SNM spokesmen. But Somaliland is older than the SNM fighters.

Xaaji Xunjuf;973031 wrote:
SNM cease to exist in 1993, after the Borama conference a civilian goverment was elected all inclusive of all regions of Somaliland. Although there were members who supported the SNM like Garaad cabdiqani Garad jamac and Mujahid Fagadhe who was the SNM spokesmen. But Somaliland is older than the SNM fighters.

SNM might be gone in paper but it still lives in spirit. Individuals like Garoodi and Saalax who like to run their mouth and gloat are prime examples but there are also many people here who should leave their tribal hatreds behind already (living in the west makes people worse unfortunately). It's unfortunate that the SSC region is one of the least developed regions in Somalia, this territorial struggle is keeping that region behind and I wish that the issue gets resolved but that's almost impossible when we have incompetent governments around us and in Mogadishu.

Facts check for Khatumo State of Somalia-

Lasanod Online. Saturday, August 10, 2013

OPINION:- Is it a time for Khatumo to the change the course but not the destination?.. I, for one, wish Khatumo to be independent,self-sustaining,

and fully fledged state of Somalia.

But those are the ideals and there always lies a discrepancy between the ideals and the facts on the ground. Certainly my wishful thinking and that of the Diaspora that hail from that part of Somalia, will bear no fruitful outcome, if Khatumo’s governing bodies continue to aim at unattainable objectives without the review, and required re-engineering of the plan, the means and resources, the unity, the political and military relationships, and lastly but not the least, a new blood and administration.

Mostly, humans are good to play the blame game and count the negatives and rarely point to rational and non-judgmental solutions. As a humanoid, I am not different; so let us start with what went wrong:

Cumbersome governing body structure: Feuding Tribal leaders, unqualified and unforgiving administration with 3 presidents that wanted to rule always and at the same time and above all the so called G-executive branch that couldn’t stomach the sharing of the meat of what they perceived as their off-spring. And hence no effective administration and the blundering of limited resources.

Creation of total structural enmity against the two border administrations without distinction and strategic thinking.

Loss of additional land and districts to the Somaliland administration.

No diplomatic successes for tribal unity, or recognition and assistance from today’s internationally recognized but militarily and politically weak Somali government.

No value added recognition or assistance from the international non-governmental organizations or foreign governments receptive to Khatuma’s cause.

Fragmentation, disunity and lack of total tribal commitment and local material and human resources.

Moral degradation of the Diaspora as a result of the above issues and the gradual de-acceleration of the high and quick expectations.

We could continue to recite and build the seemingly, un-surmountable mountain of problems facing Khatuma’s survival but the truth is that those notable consequences were not due to the lack of trail though unsystematic. And history tells us that those are common characteristics and mistakes that movements and organizations usually make before arriving at destination. Khatumo is , therefore, neither alone in this boat nor in the channels of history.

Before we purpose the semblance of solutions to khatumo’s setbacks, let us check the facts contributing to those issues:

Khatumo is land-locked and have no sea-ports or economically functional airports and hence very limited access to any resources of meaningful volume.

Mostly of rural and nomadic population with life stock rearing and sale accounting for most of economical and trade activities without the export control and thus compelling a marriage of convenience to the border administrations with the ports.

Mostly un-educated populace with limited local and political leaders of stature and the immigration of talented few to foreign countries for sustenance.

Naming common fathers as Sool, sanag and cayn without the full recognition of Sanag and Cayn that Khatumo is their legitimate baby.

Is it a time to change the direction and attempt to right the ship?

I will venture as yes. News is that Khatumo will have a convention soon in Taleex to attempt and aim to develop a better administration to manage and salvage the original mission of the organization. Solution are not always fittingly the opposite course of difficulties but a mixture of reviewing your failures, and planning for your journey and destination including sometimes compromising your principles and taking the route of least resistance:

Find a way to reconcile Khatumo’s relationship with Puntland populace, their elders and tribal leader without vacating objectives and paying a lot of credence with the hostile Puntland administration.

Somalia is all about political partnerships and Khatumo should seek one.

Show Sanaag and Cayn how they became fathers to this baby (Khatumo), expand and seek to share the union.

Streamline the management by amalgamating the administration and the Gs’. Abolish the three presidency system. Tribal leaders could remain as separate consultative body.

Appoint a semi-permanent local and Diaspora finance committees. The local populace has to be willing to share the financial burden.

Appoint a committee to seek a unity among the different tribes.

Develop strict financial management system and process.

This is not an exhaustive list and working to attain those objectives will certainly require considerable financial backing. It is advocated in here that since charity begins at home, that the local communities should precipitate and contribute greatly to development of the process of determination and the hosting of the up-coming convention.

May Allaah guide us to the right path after all we are a community that is looking self-determination and subjugated unjustly.