Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Khatumo conference Part 3

Resolutions of a joint teleconference meeting between the Higher Council of Elders and the G11 held on August 8, 2013

A joint meeting of the Higher Council of Elders and the G11 was held on August 8, 2013. The joint meeting highlighted the need for the Khaatumo community to re-dedicate itself to the core principals of unity, peace and development. The clear and present need for the liberation of the occupied towns and areas were discussed at length. The joint meeting passed the following resolutions:

? Khaatumo THREE meeting is to be held in Taleh starting on August 20, 2013 in which all the Higher Council, G11, members of the current administration, and delegates from SSC territories and the Diaspora must attend.

? The Higher Council have to assemble in Taleh in the next three days and have to attend to the resolving of some of the outstanding issues and to helping finalize the preparatory work at hand.

? Members of the Higher Council, G11 and the administration have to address this coming Saturday August 10th, 2013 the Khaatumo Diaspora’s concerns with respect to the scheduling of the Khaatumo THREE meeting.

? Khaatumo THREE meeting will ratify the draft constitution and install the local parliament. The joint meeting emphatically is opposed to participating in ANY other regional/state parliaments. No elder is mandated to nominate members of parliament for other regions/states.

? Khaatumo THREE meeting will study the constitutionally mandated relationships among the Federal Government and the states/ regional governments. The meeting will focus specifically on the lacking support of Khaatumo by the Federal Authorities.

? Suleiman Haji Mohamed ( Wajixaad) has been appointed as the spokesperson of Khaatumo from August 8 to the formal opening date of Khaatumo THREE meeting.

Taleexi   

Khatumo, my region, needs the facelift badly. It has to be a community driven rather a specific group driven. And therefore, we are wishing them the best of luck like any other region of Somalia.

The khatumo leaders are not serious about creating a state, ofcourse conferences are needed what have they achieved the past 18 months. I am hearing the Professor galaydh wants to become the new president of Khatumo.

Taleexi   

Ahahaha, Xaaji some of your assertions don't warranty any responses!, waad iska waashaa mar mar - share with me whatever you are on - It is obvious that Khatumo is not without political hurdles but having a viable state is what populace of this region is yearning for - At the end all clan states will come together but for now it is a matter of survivability.

I am not sure if the whole coming together is happening any time soon, the garowe clan enclave and Mogadishu are so far apart politically economically. I some times believe the Khatumites are a bit gullible, no offense there since they are my people. Are they hoping for a messiah or something who would miraculously unite the Somali peninsula. I honestly believe there are major obstacles facing the khatumites whether the communities who want to see an autonomous khatumo or the diaspora who also want to see an independent khatumo. But either the leadership are not serious, right now khatumo is in a situation worse than they were before the ssc formation. Ofcourse they can change their situation if they come together and are honest with each other. What is holding them back from creating a state is it Puntland is it Somaliland is it Mogadishu is it themselves. All in all i wish them the best thing and i hope they make the right decision.

Haatu;972956 wrote:
If SNM can have Somaliland and SSDF can have Puntland then it's only fair for SSC to have Khaatumo.

You forget and if USC can have Mogadishu SPM/ONLF can have kismayo

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;972958 wrote:
You forget and if USC can have Mogadishu SPM/ONLF can have kismayo

Now we understand each other. If everybody wants to go back to their clan fiefdoms, so be it but no one has a right to claim what's not theirs.

Taleexi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;972957 wrote:
I am not sure if the whole coming together is happening any time soon, the garowe clan enclave and Mogadishu are so far apart politically economically. I some times believe the Khatumites are a bit gullible, no offense there since they are my people. Are they hoping for a messiah or something who would miraculously unite the Somali peninsula. I honestly believe there are major obstacles facing the khatumites whether the communities who want to see an autonomous khatumo or the diaspora who also want to see an independent khatumo. But either the leadership are not serious, right now khatumo is in a situation worse than they were before the ssc formation. Ofcourse they can change their situation if they come together and are honest with each other. What is holding them back from creating a state is it Puntland is it Somaliland is it Mogadishu is it themselves. All in all i wish them the best thing and i hope they make the right decision.

1st, the usage of the "Gullible" term may sound somewhat unfair, unjustified and misplaced, ahh, at least someone is waiting Messiah is going to come with the recognition. Secondly, "SL" is the one misguiding its populace, imbuing the upcoming generations an elusive border-sealed syndrome and claiming other clans' territories. I for one, a "Khatumite", support the idea of either we are one nation or clan territories. Thirdly, I'm with the lot that doesn't blame either SL or PL for my own failures. The solutions of most of Khatumo shortcomings are to be found within - This is what I genuinely believe so, take a chill bill !

Taleexi your last point is good so khatumo needs to fix her own house for her to create a state. Yes it is true that SL people want recognition, but remember the recognition demand is not asked because they believe it will fix SL from wit in or it will make SL a viable strong state. But because they believe they have done everything to be a recognized state. Where as the Khatumites seem to be more that they are looking for a miracle to come from Mogadishu. U have tight your aspirations to others , but if u have a khatumite state you can do what ever u like. The pirates next to you seem to have created a state for themselves and they are like if Mogadishu wants to come in terms with us we will work with them. I think the Khatumites can learn a few things from the Pirates.

Taleexi   

Horta cayda dhaaf - There is an autonomous State called PL as there is a SL State. Khatumo should mind its business first I say NO to that and SL have to redraw its map and convince her constituents waalidii hore loo faafiyey inaanayn soconayn.

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;972962 wrote:
Haatu does that mean u support that Mogadishu has no claim over Somaliland.

The Mogadishu government is sadly just that, a Mogadishu Government. Is SNM/Somaliland want independence, I say go idinka iyo Ilaaheygiin but don't claim other clan's territory as part of your clan project. I genuinely wouldn't like it and would advice you lot to stay as you are until a proper Somali government comes and then make a deal with them as I don't believe Independence will solve anything but if you guys seriously believe that is the best way forward then goodbye and good luck, but just stick to your lands.

Taleexi Khatumo leaders need to convince their masses that being part of Somalia is better for the garaad clan than being part of Somaliland. I mean how hard is that if they can convince the garaad clan that being part of Mogadishu is better and will bring prosperity. I believe they can convince the rest of Somaliland to. Somaliland is not holding sool at a gun point, if that was the case when Khatumo Militia captured Ali sandule the current Minister for SL on eastern affairs they released him with in 6 hours. Why was that either khatumo does not want to convince their population or they just just like the current status. Or they are not honest that they are opposed to Somaliland.

Taleexi   

I wished rationality was part of your dictionary. I believe Khatumo one way or another has to deal with and come terms with PL and SL but who are you when you are giving choices what Khatumo should do - If I use the same logic - how many individuals from the subsequent transitional governments of Mogadishu came to Hargeisa, and no one minds their business so, after all, few zealots are milking the secession experimentation while the masses are misguided. Remember, everyone is a part of the main or we are individuals.