Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

5 New Countries That Might Exist By 2025

Taleexi   

I agree everyone has the right to fight what he/she thinks is right - our thinking overlaps on this point Mr. Xaji.

Now thats good that we agree on something and what do you think of the possible emerging 5 new countries by the year 2025 clearly elaborated in the report.

1. Scotland

2. Catalonia

3. Republika Srpska

4. Quebec

5. Somaliland

What are their chances do they have a chance of surviving independent.

Saalax   

The Zack;972820 wrote:
I have been hearing that for the last 20+ years....

I have been hearing the onlf will free the ocaden desert for longer time. It seems they gave up the struggle and embraced their Ethiopian roots.

The Zack   

Saalax;972854 wrote:
I have been hearing the onlf will free the ocaden desertfor longer time. It seems they gave up the struggle and
embraced
their Ethiopian roots.

At least I don't come here and claim there "might" be a country called O'gadenia in 100 years lol.

P.s.Like it or not you are going to embrace a D-led Somalia :)

All other 4 countries are in a part of democratic countries, which referendum is enough to make big change and they are part of highly develop regional organisation not silly African union and Arab league. To be realistic I thing Somaliland has lest chance and stronger determination than rest .

Xaaji is dreaming if he expecting acceptance from Mogadisho

I, for one, think that Somaliland is not yet ready for independence. Many people don't know it but the lack of recognition for Somaliland is a blessing in disguise.

We need to first live and learn to not just survive but rather thrive with what we have right now. We should not think that being a member of the UN will open us the gates of paradise for us. There are a lot of countries that already are members of the UN and they are not in any shape or form any better than Somaliland. So because of that fact we need to focus our effort on self help and self development rather than thinking that foreigners will help us build our country. That will not happen.

Carafaat   

Suldaanka;972875 wrote:
I, for one, think that Somaliland is not yet ready for independence. Many people don't know it but the lack of recognition for Somaliland is a blessing in disguise.

We need to first live and learn to not just survive but rather thrive with what we have right now. We should not think that being a member of the UN will open us the gates of paradise for us. There are a lot of countries that already are members of the UN and they are not in any shape or form any better than Somaliland. So because of that fact we need to focus our effort on self help and self development rather than thinking that foreigners will help us build our country. That will not happen.

+1

Absolutely, with recongnition comes foreign influences and interference in domestic issues. few African countries are strong enough to resist the foreign cultural, economic and political influences. Its been a blessing for Somaliland to develop its own model and in its own pace.

Saalax   

Lol you're being refused to have Jubbaland and you're dreaming of leading Somalia. :D I don't think we will see a D president for a long time . Villa Somalia has became a HAG playground.

GAROODI   

Carafaat;972889 wrote:
+1

Absolutely, with recongnition comes foreign influences and interference in domestic issues. few African countries are strong enough to resist the foreign cultural, economic and political influences. Its been a blessing for Somaliland to develop its own model and in its own pace.

I have to agree with these guys. Recognition is not bad but in reality what do we need it for. We have the largest standing somali army. We control our borders, air and sea. We are developing at a good rate, developed our own system of governance and live under our flag in peace. We have good relations with the world and our naibours except Somalia. We trade with world and the world trades with us. We have our own development aid given to us directly. Recognition or the persuit of it keeps us unified to achieve an objective but we are a state in every aspect we know that, Somalia knows that and the pirates know that. Lets continue to develop our army, keep expanding east. Get the oil develop our industries, cities and army. Lets create a buffer zone inside Somalia and if worst comes to worst when we are good and ready We can colonise Somalia itself if we want. Who will stop us burundi????

Recognition will limit us: we would have to respect Somalia territory. We might need more land in the future. Without recognition the world will say nothing. We need more living space and bargaining chips.

GAROODI   

Saalax;972890 wrote:
Lol you're being refused to have Jubbaland and you're dreaming of leading Somalia.
:D
I don't think we will see a D president for a long time . Villa Somalia has became a HAG playground.

Because kismayo is not theirs and eventually Kenya will leave. Somalia is the domain of hag from here on end. Because hag is unified and if they can secure mugdisho and keep good relations with other small tribes then its the rise of the hag dominion. As soon as Hobyo port is built bosaso port will dry up. Since mugdisho opened business has shrunk. Instability, piracy and lack of democratisation will also see aid dry up as well. Since landers don't care of Somalia d block will get number two but they will use the same formula as Hassan shieck some yes man lol. Who does as he is told

Haatu   

GAROODI;972891 wrote:
I have to agree with these guys. Recognition is not bad but in reality what do we need it for. We have the largest standing somali army. We control our borders, air and sea. We are developing at a good rate, developed our own system of governance and live under our flag in peace. We have good relations with the world and our naibours except Somalia. We trade with world and the world trades with us. We have our own development aid given to us directly. Recognition or the persuit of it keeps us unified to achieve an objective but we are a state in every aspect we know that, Somalia knows that and the pirates know that. Lets continue to develop our army, keep expanding east. Get the oil develop our industries, cities and army. Lets create a buffer zone inside Somalia and if worst comes to worst when we are good and ready
We can colonise Somalia itself if we want.
Who will stop us burundi????

Recognition will limit us: we would have to respect Somalia territory. We might need more land in the future. Without recognition the world will say nothing. We need more living space and bargaining chips.

I wouldn't mind this.

Wiil Cusub;972862 wrote:
All other 4 countries are in a part of democratic countries, which referendum is enough to make big change and they are part of highly develop regional organisation not silly African union and Arab league. To be realistic I thing Somaliland has lest chance and stronger determination than rest .

Xaaji is dreaming if he expecting acceptance from Mogadisho

I have never said there will be acceptance from Mogadishu that will never happen on their own , the only way we can go our seperate ways is if our great friends from Europe and America mediate between us. Than it will come and it will be very interesting. Laakin waliga ha sugin koonfurians to support Somaliland independence. You will find more Israelis supporting a independent Palestinian state than Koonfurians to support Somalilands quest for statehood.

Carafaat;972889 wrote:
+1

Recognition is also needed for Somaliland passport to be accepted around the world to trade in Somalilands name,ofcourse Somaliland needs to develop the country first. But it also needs the cooperation of the rest of the world. And its also good from a legal point of view that Somaliland sovreingty is recognized. In order to protect themselves from external influences or those who want to undermine their independence. U cannot say its a blessing to be unrecognized. There are many countries the size of Somaliland or smaller who have done it take for example Eritrea,its one of the least influenced countries in Africa.