Sign in to follow this  
Naxar Nugaaleed

Inspiring Architecture

Khadafi   

Those green houses are the future but why is it so open to the public, NORF look at the windows, everyone can see into in the house, Ka waran hadii luu arko adoo qaawan?

Privacy is something I value high.

Gesamtkunstwerk is a strong German word that I come to love in architecture, it means holistic design or 'complete work of art. It is for that reason that I think so highly of the likes of Mackintosh, Wright and Gaudi. Their approach is such that they design all aspects of the building from the exterior facade to all the interiors, light fixtures, furniture and flooring, heck, some would even include cutlery and fire irons as well. What this does is it creates an immersive experience and creates works that are very cohesive, hence mood, atmosphere etc.

I am a little sick for modern architects, some of the industry's biggest names ala Zaha Hadid and Steven Holl are just repetitive in their work with no real substance to their often lopsided glass boxes.

N.O.R.F;972824 wrote:
These days architecture isn't just how a building looks but how it 'works'. Energy use, ventilation, natural light, rain water use etc (Green Codes) make a buildings architecture/engineering.

Absolutely Though the geek in me also would like some technological integration. You can now control Things like the temperature doors security cameras light and more from an iPad without even being in the house.

Khadafi;972843 wrote:
Those green houses are the future but why is it so open to the public, NORF look at the windows, everyone can see into in the house, Ka waran hadii luu arko adoo qaawan?

Privacy is something I value high.

Loool Well for one thing these houses are located in very remote areas I don't think privacy it not something you would have to worry about. Another thing is that these houses contain private areas, only the public spaces are visible So unless you're an exhibitionist you should be fine.

Allyourbase I like a Harmonious design just as much but at the same time, Is probably not a good idea to be a jack of all trades. You wouldn't want a surgeon doing dental surgery.

Chris Pardo Design: Elemental Architecture is a 2013 project that is located in Seattle, Washington, USA

It was designed with a focus on natural light, unobstructed views, and privacy

aurea-residence-01-800x533.jpg

aurea-residence-02-800x577.jpgaurea-residence-03-800x533.jpgaurea-residence-04-800x533.jpgaurea-residence-05-800x533.jpgaurea-residence-06-800x537.jpgaurea-residence-07-800x533.jpgaurea-residence-08-800x533.jpg