Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Richard Dawking mocked the Muslim World's intellectual inferiority

Khayr   

Allyourbase;981023 wrote:
In saying that, you imply an alternative for said Bangladeshi girl working to make Friday night garments for the above poster. Please elaborate on the alternative.

The alternative from westerners benefitting from the product of cheap labor; benefiting from

child labor and sweat shops? You have to change the fact that we have mentally normalized such

things because they are accepted norms and are no longer news worthy.

Their is no sense of guilt nor responsibility. After all, you are providing employment for them by purchasing those jeans?

You know mental gymnastics aside, if you take a trip to the other 3/4 of the world and stay in the towns and talk to the people - your views might change.

Did you fools know that Alfred Brenhard Nobel, the man whom the "Nobel prize" is named after was of Jewish descent?

It's a Jew's Jew's Jew's world. *Does James Brown's The Boogaloo*

Classified;985232 wrote:
Did you fools know that Alfred Brenhard Nobel, the man whom the "Nobel prize" is named after was of Jewish descent?

It's a Jew's Jew's Jew's world.
*Does James Brown's The Boogaloo*

Alfred Nobel was NOT Jewish. Also, even if there is a Jewish bias in determining the awards, there are enough Jewish intellectuals whose contributions have been so monumental, that to claim that they received a prize only because of ethnic nepotism is absurd. Frederick Reines, Albert Einstein and Richard Feynman are clear example. John Von Neumann isn't a Nobel laureate but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone whose work could match the scope of his.

Haatu   

Apophis;981113 wrote:
Only honest replies are from Kheyr; Haatu and Tallabo are suffering from a clear case of cognitive dissonance.

What part of my comment do you find fault in?

Tallaabo;980990 wrote:
You are missing the whole point of the thread;) The Nobel prize in the science, medicine, and economics, literature, and peace is the most prestigious award given in these fields and represents a recognition and appreciation of those men and women who have contributed most to the advancement of human knowledge and wellbeing. There are frequent controversies surrounding the choice of the Nobel committees awarding the peace and literature prizes but the awards in the other four fields are usually universally accepted. So the unfortunate fact that Muslims are not winning these prizes mean that we are not contributing anything to the advancement of human knowledge or the improvement of the humanity's standard of life. It means we are worthless and that without the Jewish scientists, engineers, doctors, economists, mathematicians, and scholars who win a lion's share of these prizes, we Muslims would be living like the folks who lived in the stone age.
Without the Jewish scholars there would be no penicillin, no polio vaccine, no mobile phone, no banking, no Hollywood movies and sitcoms, and no Facebook

LOL. You had me at Hollywood.

Brother, as Khayr noted, those are not benchmarks of progress to many people. Only to those who ascribe to a certain Baconite definition of progress. Sure, the material progress of the modern world makes life easier. Yet, look around. Observe the degradation of life itself. Loss of values, destruction of the family unit, rampant drug use, massacres, suicides, greedy business practices, oppression, etc etc. Some people do not call that progress. They identify material progress for what it is, a distraction from and a placation for the assault on traditional values.

Also, understand the flow of history, intellectual and scientific advancements never stop. They just transfer from one people to another over the course of millenia. In essence, there is no new discovery, only improvements. Don't fall victim to the Western man's history lessons. History didn't start with the enlightenment and it will not end with Facebook. Those 'dark ages' are so called because it was the dark-er man who was making progress :)

Tallaabo   

thefuturenow;986138 wrote:
LOL. You had me at Hollywood.

Brother, as Khayr noted, those are not benchmarks of progress to many people. Only to those who ascribe to a certain Baconite definition of progress. Sure, the material progress of the modern world makes life easier. Yet, look around. Observe the degradation of life itself. Loss of values, destruction of the family unit, rampant drug use, massacres, suicides, greedy business practices, oppression, etc etc. Some people do not call that progress. They identify material progress for what it is, a distraction from and a placation for the assault on traditional values.

Also, understand the flow of history, intellectual and scientific advancements never stop. They just transfer from one people to another over the course of millenia. In essence, there is no new discovery, only improvements. Don't fall victim to the Western man's history lessons. History didn't start with the enlightenment and it will not end with Facebook. Those 'dark ages' are so called because it was the dark-er man who was making progress
:)

What do the Jewish people have to do with the evils you mentioned? Almost in every society they live, the Jews occupy the upper echelons of the social hierarchy. They are the professionals, leaders, and the brains of their host society. Sadly, it is mostly the Somalis and other Muslims who are have become synonymous with gang violence, thieving, fraud, drug trafficking, prostitution, suicide bombing, terrorism, and family breakdown. The Jews on the other hand bring up their children in the best possible manner, give them the best education, morals, and the confidence to become the next generation of entrepreneurs, scholars, and leaders. Even in the middle ages when the Muslim world was making huge scientific and social progress, the Jews were playing a major part of that Islamic enlightenment. Back then they were are also the advisers to Sultans, the doctors, the bankers, the traders, teachers, and scientists. If you think the Jews are affected by the social ills you mentioned, how come they are the leaders of the world and the most powerful ethnic group? Brother, drug addicts and those brought up in broken homes don't achieve the material and intellectual success the Jews have achieved and continue to achieve.

Khayr   

"Those dark ages were so called because it was thr dark-er man

who was making progress."

Indeed! An Enlightment age was named so because :

a) Led by Europeans (whites)

b) It was freedom from the shackles of God aka Religion.

By the way, Tallabo and others -

what is your obsession with jews?

They were always displaced people until they were given Palestenian land due to the holy-cost. As if the massacres were committed by the Palestianens and not the Nazis.

They have always argued with God and have been a people that have betrayed many.

The modern world feels a sense of guilt for them

and hence, they always use the jew card. As they say - the jew card never runs out of use.

They are are the main financers in

Hollywood and the media and are deeply entranched in American politics. It does not make them smarter but rather more cunning and cut throat. After all, most lawyers are jewish. They can manipulate anything for their own cause.

Tallaabo   

Khayr;986193 wrote:
"Those dark ages were so called because it was thr dark-er man

who was making progress."

Indeed! An Enlightment age was named so because :

a) Led by Europeans (whites)

b) It was freedom from the shackles of God aka Religion.

By the way, Tallabo and others -

what is your obsession with jews?

They were always displaced people until they were given Palestenian land due to the holy-cost. As if the massacres were committed by the Palestianens and not the Nazis.

They have always argued with God and have been a people that have betrayed many.

The modern world feels a sense of guilt for them

and hence, they always use the jew card. As they say - the jew card never runs out of use.

They are are the main financers in

Hollywood and the media and are deeply entranched in American politics. It does not make them smarter but rather more cunning and cut throat. After all, most lawyers are jewish. They can manipulate anything for their own cause.

You are contradicting yourself. If the Jews are not smart they would not be as cunning and cut throat to the extent of taking over the entire Western world.

What is wrong with Tallaabo and his endless praise of Jews at the expense of his Muslim brothers? Is Tallaabo ready to bash the 1 billion Black Africans for not winning enough Nobel Prizes?

Or is Tallaabo so incredibly defeated that he's willing to overlook the inconsistencies in his arguments?

You cannot compare the Jews (a small ethnic group) with the Muslims (an enormous but disparate religious group). I've already said this a few times in this thread. Theres just too much variables at play here.

The Jews have won more prizes than all of the ethnic groups in the world today. Be it the Japanese, the Kikuyu, the Germans, the Colombians. All of them. But instead of Tallaabo trying to research why that is, he decides to go all Robert Spencer on us and insults Muslims exclusively. As if Jews and Muslims are the only two people that exist

What a defeated man he is.

Tallaabo   

^ The argument was not raised by me but is a question on the lips of many westerners like Richard Dawkins, hence the title of this thread. And why do you and many other solers attack the individual instead of addressing the issue under discussion? Also where are the inconsistencies in my argument? I am not praising the Jews but I do respect them for their smartness, affluence, and power. Who would not admire such qualities? I am sure if your clan achieved a fraction of the Jews achieved you would be rubbing in on our faces everyday, soo maaha:p?

There is something very common in the English language (and I think all languages) where you praise someone for the sole purposes of bashing someone else. Parents, Teachers, and politicians are guilty of this. Richard Dawkins is guilty of this here, and to think that you didn't even notice Richard Dawkin's subtle insult at the entire Muslim community is not believable. If so, then he wouldn't have needed to mention the Muslims at all. He could have easily mentioned the Brazilians or the Ukrainians or the Angolans. But he specifically singled out Muslims.

And instead of calling Dawkins out on his crap, you go along with him and agree with him in bashing the Muslims.

You're a Muslim, play for your own damn team and stop buying into the arguments and rhetoric of Atheists such as Dawkins. Do not repeat his arguments and criticisms against Muslims. I have a million problems with Muslims too, but I would never trash a brother in front of a man like Dawkins, who's well-known for his opposition to us and our way of life. The same way how I would never trash a Somali in front of a foreigner (and I have a million problems with Somalis too)

You could help us change our mentality without having to hold hands with a Kaffir such as Dawkins. But yes, you're right. The Jews are very affluent and successful in the sciences and mathematics. And I'll give credit where credit is due

And no Tallaabo, I don't even identify with my tribe. Look at my posts in this forum, have I ever been a tribalist?

Tallaabo;986304 wrote:
^ The argument was not raised by me but is a question on the lips of many westerners like Richard Dawkins, hence the title of this thread. And why do you and many other solers attack the individual instead of addressing the issue under discussion? Also where are the inconsistencies in my argument? I am not praising the Jews but I do respect them for their smartness, affluence, and power. Who would not admire such qualities? I am sure if your clan achieved a fraction of the Jews achieved you would be rubbing in on our faces everyday, soo maaha:p?

Tallabo. You're right. The tone did get a little aggressive/mocking. Apologies.

The atheist's intention was to plant that seed of inferiority within you. To make you judge the Ummah by his standards. He gave you the stats that favored his side. Fortunately for you and many future visitors, Khayr and Dr. K were here to reveal his petty trick.

Tallaabo;986181 wrote:
What do the Jewish people have to do with the evils you mentioned? Almost in every society they live, the Jews occupy the upper echelons of the social hierarchy. They are the professionals, leaders, and the brains of their host society. Sadly, it is mostly the Somalis and other Muslims who are have become synonymous with gang violence, thieving, fraud, drug trafficking, prostitution, suicide bombing, terrorism, and family breakdown. The Jews on the other hand bring up their children in the best possible manner, give them the best education, morals, and the confidence to become the next generation of entrepreneurs, scholars, and leaders. Even in the middle ages when the Muslim world was making huge scientific and social progress, the Jews were playing a major part of that Islamic enlightenment. Back then they were are also the advisers to Sultans, the doctors, the bankers, the traders, teachers, and scientists. If you think the Jews are affected by the social ills you mentioned, how come they are the leaders of the world and the most powerful ethnic group? Brother, drug addicts and those brought up in broken homes don't achieve the material and intellectual success the Jews have achieved and continue to achieve.

What DO jewish people have to do with the evils I mentioned? We're talking about 'progress' man, we talkin' bout 'progress,' na na na not the jews, we talkin' bout 'progress.'

Material progress that is, not moral--the kind of which the Muslim measures himself.

Tallaabo   

thefuturenow;986387 wrote:
What
DO
jewish people have to do with the evils I mentioned? We're talking about 'progress' man, we talkin' bout 'progress,' na na na not the jews, we talkin' bout 'progress.'

Material progress that is, not moral--the kind of which the Muslim measures himself.

So now you are saying that any progress made brings social evils to society? In that case which age do you want mankind to regress to? The middle ages? The bronze age? The stone age? Or the time of Adam and Eve? Don't you know that the social evils you mentioned already existed in every society from the time of man's advent? Even Adam's son killed his only brother!! And we also know what Pharaohs and many other civilisations used to do to others, thanks to the Quran. So according to all the available historical evidences, if we strip away all the progress from today's world we would still end up with full prisons, rape victims, drug addicts, etc. but only without the benefit of all the technologies we have like the CCTV, DNA testing and fingerprinting to catch the bad guys.

There's no reason to think that humans can't materially progress while keeping our morals and values intact. The problem with the West is that they mastered material progress (mathematics, sciences) but their morals and values declined in the last 100 years. We can do both, we can be scientific experts while also being pious Muslims. It's very possible and it's been done many times

In fact, I'm going to quote an excerpt from Sayyid Qutb's book "Milestones" on such a topic. Qutb makes a lot of mistakes in some of his writings, and he's not perfect, but I do admire many of his ideas and he was a very eloquent man.

I'm gonna underline the noteworthy parts.

Thus, only Islamic values and morals, Islamic teachings and safeguards, are worthy of mankind, and from this unchanging and true measure of human progress, Islam is the real civilization and Islamic society is truly civilized.

Lastly, when man establishes the representation of God on earth in all respects, by dedicating himself to the service of God and freeing himself from servitude to others, by establishing the system of life prescribed by God and rejecting all other systems, by arranging his life according to the Shari'ah of God and giving up all other laws, by adopting the values and standards of morality which are pleasing to God and rejecting all other standards and, after this,
when he investigates the laws governing the universe and uses them for the benefit of all mankind, applies them to resources hidden in the earth in accordance with the obligation imposed on him by God as His vicegerent on earth, unearths the treasures and resources of food and raw materials for industries, and uses his technical and professional knowledge for the development of various kinds of industries, doing all these things as a God-fearing person and as a representative of God; and when his attitude toward the material and moral aspects of life is infused with this spirit, only then does man become completely civilized and the society reach the height of civilization.
In Islam, mere material inventions are not considered as civilization, as a jahili society can also have material prosperity. In many places in the Qur'an, God has described societies of this kind, which have attained material prosperity while remaining jahili.

A truly civilized society has both. It has material progress but it also has a strong moral basis. It affirms scientific knowledge and it's applications while at the same time submitting to Allah and putting your trust in him. And this type of society is the only real civilization, and the only society worthy of ultimate respect. Read what was underlined, as it is very important.