Sign in to follow this  
Tallaabo

Richard Dawking mocked the Muslim World's intellectual inferiority

Tallaabo   

^ My knowledge about Arabic is of no consequence here as the verses we have quoted are translated by illustrious scholars(may Allah be pleased with them) and I am sure they knew what they were doing.

As I already mentioned, the hadiths no matter how they are classified are not without errors but I see you have given up finding faults in the Quran:o

To make your arguments against the Quran look even more ridiculous here is yet another verse which indicated that the sun has no rising or setting "place".

"So I swear by the Lord of [all] risings and settings that indeed We are able" Quran 70:40

Sxb what I am saying is very clear, however you choose not read it objectively. You agree that your knowledge of Arabic is not up to par, the translations that you have provided state that the sun rises and sets at a specific place, this is further supported by an authentic Hadith that says pretty much the same thing. You've been had sxb. You have refused an authentic Hadith which would put you (with me) in the Kafir slot in the eyes of some of the brothers here. Since you're there anyway why dont you have an other read of my post, without religious dogma this time. :D

For everyone else, this is yet an other example of a seemingly reasonable person going all (because Allah says so) when faced with contradictions in their holy literature.

You have asked for it, more scientific contradictions in the Quran:

The Quran claims of a certain beast that could speak to people are indeed impossible:

And when the Word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), we shall produce from the earth a beast to (face) them: He will speak to them, for that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our Signs.

Qur'an 27:82

I mean, with all the research put into things like the great ape language we can say that no animal is able to people, waa waali cad taasu.

----

The Quran seems to borrow the jewish myth of King Solomon, here you see the claim that Solomon can control the wind, a claim that is so deep in mythology that it still exists in comic books read by children today. I do not blame Prophet Mohamed for he knew very little about atmospheric pressure but I blame those today who know how the wind works yet still believe that someone at somepoint was able to 'control it'. There is also the bizarre statement regarding a certain spring of liquid copper! Waa yabka yaabkiss iga walle.

I am ignoring the statement about the jin servants, it wont be fair on our believer brothers :D

Then We subjected the wind to his power, to flow gently to his order, Whithersoever he willed

Qur'an 38:36

And to Solomon [We subjected] the wind - its morning [journey was that of] a month - and its afternoon [journey was that of] a month, and We made flow for him a spring of [liquid] copper. And among the jinn were those who worked for him by the permission of his Lord. And whoever deviated among them from Our command - We will make him taste of the punishment of the Blaze.

----

Speaking of Solomon, he apparently also commanded huge armies of (wait for it) birds and jins, again a clear example of the Quran borrowing from Jewish mythology and something that is clearly impossible scientifically. Did I mention he spoke to birds too? :D

And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and on us has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah.)And before Solomon were marshalled his hosts― of Jinns and men and birds, and they were all kept in order and ranks.

Qur'an 27:16-17

----

Our dearest Talaabo was disputing the impossibility of people to sleep for 300 years. Would it be a huge jump to assume he agrees with the Quran that certain people can live for up to a thousand years?

We (once) sent Noah to his people, and he tarried among them a thousand years less fifty: but the Deluge overwhelmed them while they (persisted in) sin.

Qur'an 29:14

Well, 950 years to be exact.

:cool:

Tallaabo   

Allyourbase;991963 wrote:
Sxb what I am saying is very clear, however you choose not read it objectively. You agree that your knowledge of Arabic is not up to par, the translations that you have provided state that the sun rises and sets at a specific place, this is further supported by an authentic Hadith that says pretty much the same thing. You've been had sxb.
You have refused an authentic Hadith
which would put you (with me) in the Kafir slot in the eyes of some of the brothers here. Since you're there anyway why dont you have an other read of my post, without religious dogma this time.
:D

For everyone else, this is yet an other example of a seemingly reasonable person going all (because Allah says so) when faced with contradictions in their holy literature.

Indeed what you have said is clear, a clear case of confusion:D My friend we know that even if the Quran had Einstein's equations as verses, you would still dispute its Divine origin because the Quran has told us what you and your fellow repels are like. But I will be patient with you for patience is a virtue unknown to the disbelievers.

The Quran is translated by well-versed scholars so if you have an alternative translation kindly put it up here:o

Tallaabo   

Allyourbase;991966 wrote:
You have asked for it, more scientific contradictions in the Quran:

The Quran claims of a certain beast that could speak to people are indeed impossible:

And when the Word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), we shall produce from the earth a be
ast to (face) them: He will speak to them
, for that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our Signs.

Qur'an 27:82

I mean, with all the research put into things like the great ape language we can say that no animal is able to people, waa waali cad taasu.

----

The Quran seems to borrow the jewish myth of King Solomon, here you see the claim that Solomon can control the wind, a claim that is so deep in mythology that it still exists in comic books read by children today. I do not blame Prophet Mohamed for he knew very little about atmospheric pressure but I blame those today who know how the wind works yet still believe that someone at somepoint was able to 'control it'. There is also the bizarre statement regarding a certain spring of
liquid copper
! Waa yabka yaabkiss iga walle.

I am ignoring the statement about the jin servants, it wont be fair on our believer brothers

Then We subjected the wind to his power,
to flow gently to his order,
Whithersoever he willed

Qur'an 38:36

And to Solomon
[We subjected] the wind
- its morning [journey was that of] a month - and its afternoon [journey was that of] a month, and We made flow for him
a spring of [liquid] copper
. A
nd among the jinn were those who worked for him
by the permission of his Lord. And whoever deviated among them from Our command - We will make him taste of the punishment of the Blaze.

----

Speaking of Solomon, he apparently also commanded huge armies of (wait for it) birds and jins, again a clear example of the Quran borrowing from Jewish mythology and something that is clearly impossible scientifically. Did I mention he spoke to birds too?

And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people!
We have been taught the speech of birds
, and on us has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah.)And before Solomon were marshalled his hosts―
of Jinns and men and birds
, and they were all kept in order and ranks.

Qur'an 27:16-17

----

Our dearest Talaabo was disputing the impossibility of people to sleep for 300 years. Would it be a huge jump to assume he agrees with the Quran that certain people can live for up to a thousand years?

We (once) sent Noah to his people, and
he tarried among them a thousand years less fifty
: but the Deluge overwhelmed them while they (persisted in) sin.

Qur'an 29:14

Well, 950 years to be exact.

:cool:

A speaking beast

Even the ants speak:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1137267/Getting-chest-Study-reveals-ants-talk-other.html

Liquid copper

Ever heard of a molten lava rich in minerals??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16493787

Solomon

Apparently Superman, Iran man, and the Spider man are pathetic copies of him:mad: Power is given by God and Solomon was blessed with all these powers.

Let me get this, your religion is supported by Dailymail articles? :D

Hayee please also explain the 950 year old and the speaking to birds as well. You can even cite articles from the Sun if it will help :o

Do you see how ridiculous this all is Talaabo? Honestly, ila eeg these statements and tell me it is acceptable as we approach 2014.

Tallaabo   

Allyourbase;991973 wrote:
Let me get this, your religion is supported by Dailymail articles?

Hayee please also explain the 950 year old and the speaking to birds as well. You can even cite articles from the Sun if it will help
:o

Do you see how ridiculous this all is Talaabo? Honestly, ila eeg these statements and tell me it is acceptable as we approach 2014.

No my religion is not supported by the Dailymail. Indeed they ridicule us daily in their papers. However, the truth of Islam cannot be hidden or mocked for too long. People like you were mocking the Quran for centuries for stating that the ants talk and now we have a scientific confirmation of the truth in that statement. So the Dailymail has no choice but to report the Quranic truth to the world.

In the Quran, prophet Noah is said to have lived 950 years. So what? There are animals and plants which have lifespans of centuries. We believe Almighty Allah is the Creator and Giver of life so your question about a mere 950 years makes no sense to us. How can I doubt Allah's power when humans are attempting to extend our lifespan to a thousand years??

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/03/can-humans-live.html

Mate give up, there is no point in searching for faults in the Quran because there are non.

In the Quran, prophet Noah is said to have lived 950 years.
So what?
There are animals and plants which have lifespans of centuries.

I rest my case :D

Tallaabo;992078 wrote:
No my religion is not supported by the Dailymail. Indeed they ridicule us daily in their papers. However, the truth of Islam cannot be hidden or mocked for too long. People like you were mocking the Quran for centuries for stating that the ants talk and now we have a scientific confirmation of the truth in that statement. So the Dailymail has no choice but to report the Quranic truth to the world.

In the Quran, prophet Noah is said to have lived 950 years.
So what?
There are animals and plants which have lifespans of centuries.
We believe Almighty Allah is the Creator and Giver of life
so your question about a mere 950 years makes no sense to us. How can I doubt Allah's power when humans are attempting to extend our lifespan to a thousand years??

This is very funny actually. You all claim that your God placed these 'hints' to scientific concepts in your holy scripture for the purpose of, what exactly? What have you done with them except waiting for Kafir Gaalo research to latch onto and to somehow give the Quran a 21st century makeover. If there is science of any level in the Quran for you to take hold of and thrive in this Duniya would you not agree it was a miscalculation on the part of the author? How come not a single one of these alleged 'discoveries' was made by a Muslim?

Anyways back to Solomon:

And Solomon inherited David. He said, "O people, we have been taught the language of birds, and we have been given from all things. Indeed, this is evident bounty." Quran 27:16

So imagine with me a grown man telling you today that he could conversate with birds, what would you say? :D

Apparently one of the birds, a Hoopoe, was a double agent for king Solomon, it said to him:

I found (there) a woman ruling over them and provided with every requisite; and she has a magnificent throne.

Qur'an 27:23

Subxannallah :D

----

The Quran believes the moon has its own light, when in fact it is only reflecting the Sun's light:

And hath made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp?

Qur'an 71:16

----

We know today about the big bang and the formation of the earth, but the Quran disagrees. It claims that the earth was created in six days:

We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us

Qur'an 50:38

----

Tallaabo;991789 wrote:
Stars

In the Quran Allah takes about seven heavens. Of these seven the first is the one adorned with the stars, it is our universe. In additions to the supernovas which produce projectiles in the form of hot gases, comets are also the product of stardust. So this verse is not unscientific.

What if I told you that the Quran claims the earth was created before the universe as you've put it there? It states that the earth was created before the 'seven heavens' with all of their galaxies and stars, which again we know today to be wrong, as elements making up the crust of the Earth today were first found in stars that have then exploded.

He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth. Then turned He to the heaven, and fashioned it as seven heavens. And He is knower of all things.

Qur'an 2:29

Tallaabo   

Allyourbase;992080 wrote:
I rest my case

This is very funny actually. You all claim that your God placed these 'hints' to scientific concepts in your holy scripture for the purpose of, what exactly? What have you done with them except waiting for Kafir Gaalo research to latch onto and to somehow give the Quran a 21st century makeover. If there is science of any level in the Quran for you to take hold of and thrive in this Duniya would you not agree it was a miscalculation on the part of the author? How come
not a single one
of these alleged 'discoveries' was made by a Muslim?

I have said it before and I will say it again- the Quran is not a science textbook but a spiritual guide for mankind. And just to remind you, I started this thread discuss about the Muslim world lack of progress in the sciences but Allah Almighty is not just "our" God; He is the Lord of the kaffirs too.

Anyways back to Solomon:

And Solomon inherited David. He said, "O people,
we have been taught the language of birds
, and we have been given from all things. Indeed, this is evident bounty." Quran 27:16

So imagine with me a grown man telling you today that he could conversate with birds, what would you say?

Apparently one of the birds, a Hoopoe, was a double agent for king Solomon, it said to him:

I found (there) a woman ruling over them and provided with every requisite; and she has a magnificent throne.

Qur'an 27:23

Subxannallah

Allah is the One who taught mankind to speak in languages so He also taught the birds and the ants to speak to each other and with his power gave Solomon the ability to converse with the animal world. Subxaanallah indeed

----

The Quran believes the moon has its own light, when in fact it is only reflecting the Sun's light:

And hath made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp?

Qur'an 71:16

This verse makes the difference between the sun and the moon clear. The sun is referred to as a lamp and we all know lamps use fuel to generate light. Just like lamps which use oil to produce heat and light the sun uses hydrogen in nuclear reaction to generate heat and light. The moon on the other hand is referred to just as a light meaning its light is nothing but a reflection of the sun's light.

----

We know today about the big bang and the formation of the earth, but the Quran disagrees. It claims that the earth was
created in six days
:

We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in
Six Days
, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us

Qur'an 50:38

The Quran made it clear that time is relative and that the days mentioned in the above verse is not our short earthly days.

The Angels and the Spirit ascend to Him in a day whose length is fifty thousand years. (Surat al-Ma‘arij, 4)

He directs the whole affair from Heaven to Earth. Then it will again ascend to Him on a Day whose length is a thousand years by the way you measure. (Surat as-Sajda, 5)

----

What if I told you that the Quran claims the earth was created before the
universe
as you've put it there? It states that the earth was created before the 'seven heavens' with all of their galaxies and stars, which again we know today to be wrong, as elements making up the crust of the Earth today were first found in stars that have then exploded.

He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth.
Then turned He to the heaven
, and fashioned it as seven heavens. And He is knower of all things.

Qur'an 2:29

The verse you mentioned makes it clear that the heaven and earth were already created before Allah made further changes to the already existing heaven. The link below will put your ridiculous suggestions to rest

http://prophetrejectors.wordpress.com/category/proving-that-quran-is-from-god/

Never, I consider this community service, my contribution back to my people :cool:

energizer-bunny.jpg

In many ways my interaction with the brothers here is analogous to that of the dear prophet and the kaafirs of Quraish. The kaafirs of Quraish have labeled the dear prophet everything the brothers here have thrown at me.

Tallaabo   

Allyourbase;992181 wrote:
Never, I consider this community service, my contribution back to my people :cool:

energizer-bunny.jpg

In many ways my interaction with the brothers here is analogous to that of the dear prophet and the kaafirs of Quraish.
The kaafirs of Quraish have labeled the dear prophet everything the brothers here have thrown at me

We haven't stoned you yet as the kaafirs of Quraish did to our dear prophet(scw):D I like that toy, it is very cute:)