Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Rare Somali words

Haatu;972387 wrote:
If you want to troll, go elsewhere. One, the first word is not a rare word and is actually offensive, against the rules of the site. The second word I don't think is even Somali. Now get lost, you've had your 2 minutes in the limelight.

Isbarmuuto weliga miyaadan cabin? I thought you were Reer Muqdisho. Raggii Bar Fiat yaqaanay ba garaniya waxaan ka hadliyo. :D

Wadani   

Haatu;972492 wrote:
^^That's one of the original meanings. You have to remember iskahadal being autobiography is the result of eraybixin as it did not originally exist in the Somali language. The word
iska
can have a few meanings from what I understand. The one you mentioned yacni
iska hadal
and one denoting something personal e.g.
iska-wax-uqabso
self help and iskahadal autobio. yacni adaa
iska hadlaysaa

You are confusing 'iska' and 'iskaa'. It's 'iskaa wax u qabso'.

Waaq is not rare word. Soomaalida lee hadda micnihiisa baranoyso in the last two decades. Many, many clan names have this word in them, especially in the sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub clan categories. And not to mention degmooyinka and ereyada kale ku jiro ereygaan.

Tallaabo   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;972656 wrote:
Waaq is not rare word. Soomaalida lee hadda micnihiisa baranoyso in the last two decades. Many, many clan names have this word in them, especially in the sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub clan categories. And not to mention degmooyinka and ereyada kale ku jiro ereygaan.

Yeah there are some words like waqooyi, garwaaq, etc that contain the word waaq, but its stand alone use is non-existant.

Showqi   

Tallaabo;972572 wrote:
Rear word:
Waaq
, meaning God

Marka Caabudwaaq macnaheedu ma Caabud ilaahay baa?

Haatu   

Garabkutaagle= dictatorship, despotism, ordering others around on the basis of someone else’s authority

I think it's a much better substitute that keligiitaliye.

Showqi, yep.

Haatu;972790 wrote:
Garabkutaagle
= dictatorship, despotism, ordering others around on the basis of someone else’s authority

I think it's a much better substitute that
keligiitaliye

Showqi, yep.

Keligiis Taliye = Dictatorship.

Sorry Haatu. Adiga Somali cusub aaba inoo keentayba. :)

Haatu   

Nin-Yaaban;972799 wrote:
Keligiis Taliye = Dictatorship.

Sorry Haatu. Adiga Somali cusub aaba inoo keentayba.
:)

Annaga yaab aragnay. Sxb I know this but I said (my opinion) that I think the other one is a better substitute. However, Af Soomaali waa Af hodon ah. There are many words for the same thing. But the point of this thread is finding the words that no one uses, not just new concepts.

Search garabkutaagle here:

http://www.afmaal.com/dictionary/

PS: I'm losing my patience with having to explain every damn word to you Nin Yaabanow. Waadba iga yaabisay :D

Haatu;972800 wrote:
Annaga yaab aragnay. Sxb I know this but I said (my opinion) that I think the other one is a better substitute. However, Af Soomaali waa Af hodon ah. There are many words for the same thing. But the point of this thread is finding the words that no one uses, not just new concepts.

Search garabkutaagle here:

PS: I'm losing my patience with having to explain every damn word to you Nin Yaabanow. Waadba iga yaabisay
:D

Sorry ina'adeer. Waan iska kaftamayaa, ee iga raali noqo. Ereyo kale bal inoo soo tuur. :)