Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Foreigners destabilising us, says godane Somalia's Alshabaab leader

Foreigners destabilising us, claims Al-Shabaab leader

Africa Review

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The supreme leader of the Somalia's Al-Shabaab has accused foreign countries of destabilising the terror group as he sought to rally its leaders and fighters following reports of internal rifts.

Through a voice message on Tuesday, Ahmed Abdi Godane, who is better known as Sheikh Mukhtar Abdurahman Abu Zubayr accused countries like Qatar and Turkey of using divisive tactics to scatter the radical Islamist group.

"There are forces trying to divide the movement’s leadership and its fighters," said Godane.

"Our enemy is employing negotiations and promises of positions (in the Somali government)," he said, adding that this included luring Al-Shabaab members through promises of pardons and the removal from terrorist lists.

"Countries like Qatar and Turkey as well former members of the defunct Union of the Islamic Courts (a movement that ruled most of Somalia’s southern and central regions in 2006) are key players in these divisive deeds."

He warned the group's leaders and fighters against giving the movement’s secrets away.

In June, Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aweys, one of the group's top hardliners, defected from Al-Shabaab and remains in the custody of Somali government forces.

Infighting within Al-Shabaab, which is on the backfoot following a series of gains by AU and Somali troops, has led to the killing of top group officials.

Elsewhere the Somali government has signed a deal with a Dutch group to set up an effective Coast Guard.

The country has struggled to patrol its long shoreline and the Atlantic Marine and Offshore Group will help establish a unit capable of establishing the rule of law within Somali waters and its Exclusive Economic Zone.

The deal with Atlantic was signed Tuesday in Mogadishu by the country's Defence Minister, according to a statement the Somali presidency.

Carafaat   

He is right. Foreign interventions work counter productive. But Al Shabaab is even less constructive or willing to compromise. Markaa Godane muxuu la cabaadiyaa?

Xaaji Xunjuf;971605 wrote:
Thats a good point he should've compramised with the government that was the best way forward. But he is to proud, and does not want to give in.

Godane's SOL spokesman in full spin. shame

Thats a good point he should've compramised with the government that was the best way forward. But he is to proud, and does not want to give in.

One day this degenerate terrorist leader will die (soon hopefully), I wonder if you will spread their propaganda as faithfully. Nothing makes me angrier than ignorant people who want to force those savages on the Somali people. If the terrorists start bombing Hargeisa you will be as willing to compromise.

i never spread their propaganda i just post the news u can comment on it but be a bit less emotional next time i dont support shabaab guys. Homunculus they already bombed hargeisa in 2008 remember. But still alshabaab cannot be defeated by Foreign forces it shows. It needs another solution.

Xaaji Xunjuf;971633 wrote:
i never spread their propaganda i just post the news u can comment on it but be a bit less emotional next time i dont support shabaab guys. Homunculus they already bombed hargeisa in 2008 remember. But still alshabaab cannot be defeated by Foreign forces it shows. It needs another solution.

You don't hesitate to use honorifics when you mention their despicable leader (Amiir, Sheikh,..etc), and you are intent on convincing people that compromise with this group is the best choice. The government is already trying to incorporate those terrorists and look at what it got them.Al shabaab are intent on dominating Somalia and will not rest until they have full control. I also think you're extremely misguided and not looking at the big picture, what do you think will happen when they finish consolidating the South (and somehow nobody interferes)? Do you think they ill be content and decide that they will leave the North to their own? They will not rest until they have the whole country under their yoke, I'm sure you'll be satisfied then.

P.S. I'm always emotional when talking about Al shabaab, i'm sorry that i offended you.

Alshabaab are Somalis extreme Somalis they are a result of the civil war similar like the warlords the courts muqawaamo and other factions , it shows that African union troops can only weaken them but the cannot totally destroy them from Somalia. Because they are Somalis and shabaab has connection with in the govt of somalia and the locals harbor them they have sleeper cells every where. it will be very difficult the best way forward is if the 2 sides reach a compromise. You said they will conquer the entire country why not let them if people cannot defeat them why not let nature be nature ,but than again they are irhaabists. the best thing they can ever do is if the 2 reach a deal and a compromise. if that doesn't happen than they will continue their guerrilla style of warfare and never stop fighting lets see what comes from that. You will get the situation like the Taliban versus NATO. The goverment is doing it all wrong they need to change their defense team national security team and the interior minister they need to create special forces that secure and chase the terrorists. If you hire terrorists it will not help your case.

Godane, is a psychopathic leader of a doomsday cult. The Somali government should not compromise with him, instead they should permanently compromise his existence.

Carafaat   

Gar_maqaate;971691 wrote:
Godane, is a psychopathic leader of a doomsday cult. The Somali government should not compromise with him, instead they should permanently compromise his existence.

How about Al Shabaab? The only force that managed to govern the biggest part of Somalia from Ras Kambooni up to Mudug/Galgaduud?