Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Google knows a lot more about you than you think.

This is very interesting article sxbayaal.

What is Google (GOOG) Dashboard? In short, it is a one-stop shop that links to all the different buckets of your stored data collected by Google Inc.'s services. From your first Gmail account onward, Google has been collecting an amazing amount of information from you, and Dashboard is where you go to find it.

Strangely enough, the easiest way to find your Google Dashboard is to go to Google.com and search for "Google Dashboard." There might be a link to it from somewhere in Gmail, but I have never seen it, and it doesn't seem to make itself obvious anywhere. Google created the Dashboard in 2009 so its users could manage all their privacy setting in our place.

Once you find your Google Dashboard, you're not going to look away. That's because the reality of how much history you share with Google can be unnerving to confront, especially for heavy Web users.

Before we get into it, a few caveats: First, this data can only be collected when you are logged in to a Google service. Second, Google gives you options to turn the collection off, or delete archived data. And third, access to all this information is password protected. But once you get past the login screen, the amount of information there is staggering.

Today, it isn't just all your emails and chat logs, but everything searched for, every YouTube video you watched, all the Web pages you visited, calls you made with Google Voice, even a day-by-day history of every location you have looked up on Google Maps.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/life-past-seen-googles-dashboard-232500657.html

If you are going to search something, make sure you do it while you are NOT logged into your Google Account. Because than they can associate those with your account. Take a look at Google Dashboard, and play around and edit some of the privacy thingy they have.

Taleexi   

Google is a good friend to everyone, and doesn't discriminate. It does what friends are supposed to do; knowing one another - nothing more and the more one hangs out with it the more the buddies know each other - universal game methinks.

Maqane   

Google is creative and smart enough in adding features/products to it's service, however some of this products may be an interesting and useful and some of them 're used for specific purpose.

Google explains how dashboard works and gives and acceptable answer to it's end users on why this features is important!

Apart from that, it's surprising that the article is shared by a company (Yahoo) that was second to sign the NSA Prism program :D but it's being said that yahoo has won a fight against this program but i don't think this makes a Company that you can trust because it has still something to do with it and "Hadal badan haan ma buuxsho"

Prism-001.jpg

Maqane   

kickz;971615 wrote:
I love how GMail asks me my phone number occasionally. I always scoff at the request, what a load of BS

There could be a lot of reasons why Google is asking your Phone number, i like the second step verification it adds extra layer si ay uga hortagaan shuftada iyo si ay u sii horumariyaan the Prism program.

Google is getting creepier nowadays and keeps asking you to use your real name ... caadi ma ahan ma istiri :P