Sign in to follow this  
Cambuulo iyo bun

Properties in Hargeysa

Cambuulo iyo bun;971503 wrote:
I disagree during the fightings, properties were dirt cheap in xamar especially when Al shabaab controlled parts of the city.

No I mean postwar economy not during the fighting. This is real postwar rush which created bubble in property price, and beside Somalis are always speculative in price look business prices in London before 2008 and now or Isli in nairobi.

Haatu   

Cambuulo iyo bun;971526 wrote:
Haatu thats Awesome but your from Gaarisa tho, a small town with a population of 119 000 you cant compare it with Mogadishu or Hargeysa.

Gaarisa's population is less than 3% of Xamar just to put things into perspective :D You can literally walk from corner to corner if you wanted to :D

Cambuulo iyo bun;971515 wrote:
Inaar im seriously thinking of buying a house in Hargeysa marka help a brother out dee i expect tolka to make a ''
Damaanad qaad
'' for me.
:)
:cool:

aar qaadka waa laa isku qaada but the HAG ya uu qaadayaa damaanad? :P:D

inaar, there's all sorts of credit available here in the nation's capital. Dahabshiill and Salam Bank offer competitive rates on loans, ma garatay? but they'll require a damaanad of sorts......like your house, plot of land, business etc or a 'garasho' based on some form of nepotism. :)

Haatu;971529 wrote:
Gaarisa's population is less than 3% of Xamar just to put things into perspective
:D
You can literally walk from corner to corner if you wanted to

i once heard the size of Xamar is the distance between Hargeisa and Gabiley. i find this hard to believe, you know. :)

Haatu;971529 wrote:
Gaarisa's population is less than 3% of Xamar just to put things into perspective
You can literally walk from corner to corner if you wanted to

show your a little village dweller ileen :D

Haatu   

That land is probably the most sparsely populated (teelteel) out of all Somali lands. It is of course the newest addition only being conquered fully 1800s.

metta   

Those homes going for 50 or 60K are only worth 25K or 30K. The reason why it is 50 or 60K is because you are buying the land too which doubles the price.

You are better off asking your grand parents or aunt/uncle to give you a strip of land they owe (they surprisingly will give you one) and build a new home from scratch.

metta;971585 wrote:
Those homes going for 50 or 60K are only worth 25K or 30K. The reason why it is 50 or 60K is because you are buying the land too which doubles the price.

still that aint bad runtii

Tallaabo   

Haatu;971524 wrote:
Where I come from the average house price is £10,000-£20,000 alhamdulilah. These prices (both Xamar and Hargaysa) are beyond ridiculous. And I used to think we had it bad.

Those prices are indeed ridiculous. It is the symptoms of a false and an unsustainable economy. There is nothing around Hargaysa but sand and stones (building material) and an open space. The reason why the property prices are so high in that chaotic city is because of the following:

1. Lack of industries in the country which manufacture building materials locals. As a result of this, everything other than sand and stones is imported.

2. Taxes levies on the imported material at the Berbera port.

3. Lack of infrastructure such as roads, highways, and bridges, water reservoirs, and power plants in the country which makes it difficult for the people settle in the commuter distance villages around major cities.

4. The lack of infrastructure and the nomadic nature of our society prevents the construction of countryside properties such as farm houses hence forcing people to move to the cities for permanent settlement.

5. Lack of regulations and government policy

6. The dearth of other investment alternatives for people to save and invest their cash.

7. And many, many more reasons.