Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Barclays threatens vital remitance services for millions ..

Blessed   

Alpha, I'm holding you responsible for all the complaints on this thread, ma garatey? I use WR nowadays.. adna sidaa ula soco. They also use Barclays. Grr!

*Blessed;972433 wrote:
Alpha, I'm holding you responsible for all the complaints on this thread, ma garatey? I use WR nowadays.. adna sidaa ula soco. They also use Barclays. Grr!

saas miyaa? oo wayoow?

i take FULL responsibility. would that make you happy, inabti?

i've got several more complaints, maa soo bandhiga? :D:p

nuune   

*Blessed;972433 wrote:
Alpha, I'm holding you responsible for all the complaints on this thread, ma garatey? I use
WR
nowadays.. adna sidaa ula soco. They also use Barclays. Grr!

huuno, is it because WR are cheaper than others, or just a matter of not showing up in a Hawala office, the convenience of sending the bill while relaxing, it could be both or all, their commission is way cheaper than others, not only that, the currency conversion fees is also less than others, this is not a free xayeysiis for WR I am doing(they stole my idea, and I like them, had this idea since 2001, markaasna beertaan ku jirey), but sending $100 dollar with them, you save like $13 dollars compared to when using dahabshiil or others of similar such as kaah, horyaal etc.

Haye, but their main market are not Somalis, Ghana, Senegal, iyo Burkinofaso ayey service gareeyaan, apart from few agents in Somaliland, anyone with me to launch similar service for only Somalis, marka naga daaya cayaarta, horta maxaan ka hadlayey waanba hilmaamey waxaan ku keenay qoraalkan labada sadar een qorey

Blessed   

^haha. Odey baa sidaa iigu xayasiiyay, OTT xayasiis in fact, so I've asked him if he was a share holder, "off course" ayuu yidhi, so I said that I will start using WR it for his sake.. :D It's very convenient, I've always wondered why other xawalas didn't offer this service. Adna mid noo bilow, I'll buy shares and do OTT xayasiis for you as well. :):D

Eid mubarak people :)

Juxa   

War aniga inaan joojiyo baan rabaa. The Xawalah guy text me to ask if I am ok because 2 days kahor inaad dirto bey aheyd

Now all I am interested is mashruuc la Imow. One time payment

I blame Alpha too

nuune   

Blessed, I have asked myself the same question why other hawalas didn't, I found out the answers, yes, technicalities, the onsite hawala system that dahabshil or kaah or others use are being provided as SaaS(software as a service, they pay monthly fee or rent or lease depending number of transactions they make), that means you don't need to install anything, everything is run from background(data centers etc), all of the hawalas use this method, no servers are needed to run the business, all they do is, log in to their system and use the two famous method(send & receive input customer fields), I have even helped set up a remittance system for 2 hawalas in the past(when I was the IT guy back 1998, markaan beerta kuma jirin), and I know the ins and outs of this as well, not so hard to start one if you got License.

On the other hand, the online way is little bit more complex as you will be responsible to run your own servers(you can opt for SaaS but not good idea), not only that, the payment thing comes, you need a Merchant Account, a Payment Processor & Gateway as well as an acquiring bank, all of which can take ages to get approval, plus all of them will charge transaction fees, commission, other charges it never ends, marka this is the setback for many hawalas as to why they didn't opt in for this option, as you can see, I have being researching this area for a long time and it is just a matter of time for me to set up a similar one, but one based purely on Somalis, with Somali name, no English name etc, the main obstacle is, getting the right people on board, you need series people.

The readers reading this post can benefit and start a similar competition as well, this is an open market, and competition is needed to create jobs, ma igu raacsantahey huuno

nuune   

War waxaas waxaa iiga daran civil waa ama dagaal sokeeye ayaa qarxey, anaa Thread cusub sameen doono, Blessed xitaa dooni meyso inaan xagan ku soo dhajiyo, ee markaan firaaqo helo ayaan soo dhajin, hada waan-waan ayaan ku dhax jiraa, in fact, aney ii yeerteen saq dhexe xalay si aan u kala dhax galo, it is not easy, sxb, already saddex boqol oo kun ayaa ku naf waayey dagaalka, waxa la isku heestana kursi, mansab ama jago midkood ma ahan, bal sheekada yaan ka hor dhicin ee waa inoo threadkaa cusub hada dhawaacayadii iyo meydadkii ayaa la kala qaadanayaa oo waan yara mashquulsanahey mana haboona dhaawacii oo aan la dhayin wali inaan wax soo dhajiyo.

raula   

I agree w/both sides of the story-the dependency syndrome (for lack of better words) or other uses of xawaala as well our generalizations as Blessed mentioned is unwarranted in most cases.

On another note, what's mashruuc (raali ahaada, but its been years since the little quran-Arabic that i learned..) I find it most times this is the case when listening to Tafseer's from some of the Somali sheikhs...waxaa lagu turjumi Carabi (the turjumaan is carabisized..) frustrating for me as i dig for other meanings. But understandably so as i guess somali is somewhat rooted in Arabic.

Ok ..back to topic, What is WR as well?

Nuune-Allah s.w. hakuu sahlo adi iyo qaraabada :D

Blessed   

Salaaams lady - eid wanaagsan. A mashruuc is an investment / business project, I'm sure there is a pure Somali word - can't think of one now. I agree with Juxa, there are so many opportunities now. WorldRemit is an online xawaala.

Salaamaat@ nuune. Give us an update yah? :D

Update on the campaign - there's a lot of support from labour MPs who have along with Somalis taken a petition to No.10, the new goal is to start a parliamentary debate - this needs over 100, 000 signatures.