Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Barclays threatens vital remitance services for millions ..

Maaddeey   

^ The part you mentioned its destroying our community by dependence of mere $100.00. Waxaa soo baxaya runnimada magacii Soomaalida carabtu u bixisay ee ahaa: 'Bilaad wax i sii'. There's no other way to get rid of that name unless we stop this act.

ee sidaa ula soco, inaar!. :D

^ gartay. la socoda ee sida uula soco, dee. :P

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@''bilaad wax i sii''

i was at one of the thousand of 'wax i sii' branches, here in the nation's capital once............ the khasnaji guy was serving these ciyaal caasir semi-qurbo-joogist folks whose somali was atrocious, ma garatay? anyway, he rudely remarked.....''malaha sidii maahmaahdii carabta ayeey sugayaan in wax la siiyo'' :D:D:D

i had to translated for them. :D:p true story. :cool:

Blessed   

So.. supporting my orphaned nephews and elderly eedo (as most Somalis do), is destroying "our community"... sweet logic Maadey.

Juxa   

Blessed in a way this culture of dependency should stop. Naturally we should support the elderly, sick and orphans but walaaley we support young people oo xaaraan ku naax ah. Irresponsible. Marrying once every six months and having 10 kids before they are 30.

Did you know lacagta la diro now ineyba dhaxleen baad moodaa. You send to their deserving parents who share with them but when the parents die you have to continue otherwise the babies will not eat.

Ps: $100 is no longer enough

Maaddeey   

akaaga caano garoor lagu qabay!. :)

Ma inaad dadka dulleysato ood gacan hoorsiga barto baad rabtaa, Blessed?. Maad agoonta hooyadood $5000 u dirtid hal mar ah si ay stall amwax uun meherad ah ku furato, waana shaqeysatay adiga & qof kalena waa ka maarantay!. Haddiise aad $100 bil walba dirto, iyadana waxba uma tereyso adna waa kugu dhib, ilaa imisaadse diri kartaa?, haddaad shaqo beesho ama dhimatase yaa u maciin ah?.

Blessed   

^If only the world was so black and white....

Juxa that's an issue for some but it really is beside the point as regards the purpose of this campaign. Remittances do a lot more than merely send money to "xaraam ku naax", these services help the poor and needy and also to set up businesses and deliver investments for our countries development. Anyone who has a problem with sending their money to specific persons, needs to make that choice on their own.

Juxa   

I agree Blessed. Barclay's decision will effect a lot of people. The remittance service have sustained our people and deserve to continue providing good service.

nuune   

I know one guy back home, he has a Cinema, seating up to 50 people, half dollar for a movie or sport, on daily, he gets up to $30 from running that cinema, todobaadkii waxa soo galo waa up to $200.

You guessed it right, bill joogta ah ayaa looga soo diraa Sweden, $300 bishii, boqol kiro ah, boqol cunta iyo raashinoo dhan, iyo boqol koronto iyo biilasha kale sida biyaha, wixii cinemada ka soo galana account uu ku shubtaa, wuu sika dhuuqaayaa biilka loo soo diro, maba oga habaryartii dhibka ay ku soo dirto, dahabshiiloow iga d.ir lacag 2 week ka dib ayaan ku siini ama markaan ayuutada qaato!!

Now tell me, this guy can't stop receiving the bill every month from Sweden, if habaryartiis stops the bill, he will threaten her that he will tarhiib into the ocean, so to keep him in place, she has to send that bill, waa hostage crisis.

The stories do vary but most of them tend to be waan dhimanaa hadii kale ........, geed dushiis aan saaranahahey daad aa na qaadey is another guy I heard him talking one to to adeerkii in Australia, bal beentiisa fiiriya geed dushiisa uu daadkii ka korey taleefanna wuu ku hadlooyaa.

marka cayaarta naga daaya, saying that, masaakiinta ha la caawiyo iyo cidii wax baraneyso.

Maaddeey;972330 wrote:
akaaga caano garoor lagu qabay!.
:)

Ma inaad dadka dulleysato ood gacan hoorsiga barto baad rabtaa, Blessed?.
Maad agoonta hooyadood $5000 u dirtid hal mar ah si ay stall amwax uun meherad ah ku furato, waana shaqeysatay adiga
& qof kalena waa ka maarantay!. Haddiise aad $100 bil walba dirto, iyadana waxba uma tereyso adna waa kugu dhib, ilaa imisaadse diri kartaa?, haddaad shaqo beesho ama dhimatase yaa u maciin ah?.

+1.

My immediate relatives actually do this , every month we have a phone conference qaaraan type each family 800 dollar baa laga rabaa we're like 7 families doing it, so far 24 people ayaan shaqo uu abuurnay oo iyaga hada is maamulo. This is the way aid money makes ppl lazy!!!

Haatu   

What I want to ask you lot is, dadkii hore yaa dibadda ka biili jiray oo caruurtooda u korin jiray?

Khadafi   

I have to agree with nuune and Juxa. Why wake up 06:00 in the morning and work hard and then send the money to a person who simply doesn't want to work and thinks it's his god given right that he should have the money.

This reminds of a relative of mine who fled to Mombaasa during the 90-ties. All of the extended family would send him 50 dollars and at the end of the month he would have 400 dollars.

I went to Keenya and saw the man living in luxary, I am not a xaasid but the guy was clearly living it. He would wake up at 12:00 go to the restaurant and chew khat the whole day. Thats destructive and creates lazy-ness.

But I am going to be honest here, I too called my relatives during my stay their and asked for money. What is it with Africa? You always end up begging! lool;)

Kolley dadka hore waxay ahaayeen dad xishood leh, Before somalis were popping up as refugees in the world they would work hard instead of begging. But I guess we now days have a Biil culture. It's a god given right for a person to demand money from a relative in Yurub or Maraykanka.

By the way I am not a raxim-goys kinda of guy! Of course we should help the orphans and the elderly, that is something beautiful in our culture. Laakin ask yourself, would you work if got 400 dollars/month in Africa?

Blessed   

^I would and many, many people work for that amount and even less in SL and Somalia, they also share their meager earnings with relatives. It's really unfair that the folks back home are being generalised as free-loaders when many are self sufficient.

Haatu;972389 wrote:
What I want to ask you lot is, dadkii hore yaa dibadda ka biili jiray oo caruurtooda u korin jiray?

Somalis have always worked, traded abroad and brought or sent their earnings back (via friends/relatives) for investments as well as to support family. Since the war more people are doing this due to the mass migration, and the xawaalas make it easier.Teeda kale, remittances aren't only used for the purpose of 'raising someone else’s children', that's a rather cynical way of looking at it.