Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Failed politician Cabdi cawar wants to lead Puntland, Faroole is ready to deport him again.

Odey   

Xaaji, this is more than just simple forum commenting, its quite personal for you. What has he done to you?

Odey   

uchi;970668 wrote:
It's because Farole plays nice with SL, and XX does not like the uncertainty.

this actually makes sense!

there are some heavy weights in the Faroole adminstration like gen. Ilkajiir and vp gen. abdisamad ali shire who have the ears of the Isimo that will nominate the parliament. If these coalition stays put, it would be hard to defeat them. if any one can though its mr. Gaas. This what I will predict though, MPs from Cayn, Sool, Sanaag and Haylaan will all have a huge for sale sign above their heads and Faroole can buy them. The few who don't will be the pockets of the two generals. discontented Mudugh and Bari would try there best but might not have enough votes from the other regions to make a difference. what ever happens, it will be interesting to watch.

^

I actually think it will be rather predictable, because ultimately it's gonna be about who has the most money to put into the pockets of the parliamentarians. We all know Faroole is loaded, but Gaas isn't a pauper either on his own right, especially with the support of the anti-Faroole folks throughout Somalia who are willing to spend on his campaign to help oust Faroole.

The only positive thing I can see in this tussle is that either one of them will be good for Puntland.

Maaddeey   

Xaaji, haddaadan naftaada ixtiraameyn ugu yaraan waa Ramadaan ee dadka magacyo xun ha ugu yeerin. 'cawar' waa maxay?. 'Walaa tanaabazuu bil alqaabi'!. Ninkii jehovah witness shahaadada u qabtay sow maaheyn?.

Haatu;970720 wrote:
^^You can't say Faroole, a man who treats the issimo with disrespect is good for P/land.

You are entitled to your opinion regarding Faroole, but I believe Faroole has been good for Puntland. His record on federalism alone makes him so...

Xaaji upside down.

this guy thinks Caydiid was the best reformist somalia ever witnessed and C/wali Gaas a failure.

that tells you something.

what's Gas's policy on UNSOM for instance? do we know this guys policies on the internal affairs of Puntland? being an ethnic Puntlander..... is his trump card and sadly this soils the reputation of Puntland.

i think Faroole understands Puntland better. he's been instrumental in it's transition towards democracy. Gas is an outsider, hoisted in by those with a vested interest to destabilise Puntland. he has very little experience of the realities on ground. better the devil you know.