Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Prof Samatar SL unity is a must, Xasan sh has no clue about S/land, aspirations are legit and real

"How did he discridit his works"? Well Mr Samatar has been scholarly refuting the case for "somaliland" for more twenty years on both its legality and its historicity. Whilst the justification for his new found love for "somaliland" is in your words "xamar geyney walana la garan waayey"lol

He was only against the independence but he never rejected its legality to its statehood. He was a firm believer of the union to keep the union intact at all cost that was his aim. But after 22 years he saw that those who claim to love the union are not really interested in a union. He had no other choice to leave them altogether. What did you expect him to do to stay in Mogadishu and Somalia, and do nothing at all?

" He was a firm believer of the union to keep the union intact at all cost that was his aim" lol. Only someone with the deductive reasoning of secessionist can follow that statement. Besides, Xaaji what are "somaliland" legal case for statehood. Just a quick summary of the latest version please.

He changed his initial stance because he saw it was never going to materialize he saw there is no equal partner in south who believe in the union. He also said in the 53 years exigence of the Somali state there was never ever a president from Somaliland. Legal case for statehood Somaliland gained independence like any other country in Africa with defined territory defined political structure and with its own army and government made a union with Somalia.Somaliland case is not a country that wants to secede from another country, Somaliland with its own distinct history. they were 2 states who made a union professor samatar explained it in the video.

STOIC   

Profesor Samatar:That was then, this is Now game...

His rounds of interviews with Somali channels doesn't read like a catalogs of mystery thrillers.He will need more than well tunes academic voice and titles to convince many (including me) why the sudden change of heart? He will have a general struggle to translate that well tuned academic voice into a public one. I doubt he would get converts at the upcoming townhall meeting if that is what he is aiming for. .

As a professor job is to chart out new areas of knowledge, but too bad in this case the knowledge map has been charted by those before him who believed in Somaliland.So the question still remains what new idea is he going to bring to Somaliland that we already don't know? Unless he is going to reveal one of the central mysteries of his change of heart I still see a man who wants to be a scholar, pundit and a politician all at the same time.Unless he is going to cut through his amazing amount of chatters I still see his opinions about Somaliland shouldn't matter. In spite of his evident political transformation,the question STILL remains, is he going to abandon Somaliland once he doesn't get satisfied with what he is looking for?

PS Wish I had an access to Somali opinion Pages I'd have written an article about this man and his ever shifting political Stand..Too bad I know no one in Hiiraan online..lol

I have watched Mr samatar's explaination on the video but to be honest with you i have not understood most of it. Even a good learned professor would have a hard time articulating the gibberish you and your folks peddle.

Just out of interest. Do you in all honest believe that an independent country with its own army, with its own political structure, with its own defined borders called somaliland joined in a union with another independent state called Somalia?

^^ Its not what i believe its the fact this happened 53 years ago, there is no other example in Africa , can you name any nation in Africa that consisted out of 2 countries that merged and formed a union. It doesn't exist. Only the former dissolved Somali republic. Even the African union clearly stated that Somaliland case for statehood is not one of secession.

Somaliland and Somalia union law

3. (1) All persons who upon the date of this Union possess the citizenship of Somaliland and Somalia respectively shall by this Union now become citizens of the Somali Republic.

(2) All persons who hereafter would, but for this Union, have become citizens of Somaliland or Somalia respectively under the law of either of the two uniting States as presently subsisting, shall hereafter become citizens of the Somali Republic.

THE UNION OF SOMALILAND AND SOMALIA

LAW

Preamble:

WHEREAS the State of Somaliland achieved independence and ceased to be under British protection or within the jurisdiction and sovereignty of Her Britannic Majesty on the 26th day of June, 1960 (being Muharram 1st 1379):

AND WHEREAS the State of Somalia achieved its independence and ceased to have the status of a Trust Territory of the United Nations Organization administered by the Republic of Italy on the 1st of July, 1960

AND WHEREAS it is the will of the peoples of Somaliland and Somalia that their States shall united shall forever be united in the Somali Republic:

NOW, we the signatories hereof being the duly authorized representatives of the peoples of Somaliland and Somalia and having vested in us the power to make and enter into this Law on behalf of our respective States and peoples do hereby solemnly and in the name of God the compassionate and Merciful agree as follows:-

Union:

1. (a) The State of Somaliland and the State of Somalia do hereby unite and shall forever remain united in a new, independent, democratic, unitary republic the name whereof shall the SOMALI REPUBLIC.

(b) The Capital of the Somali Republic shall be Mogadiscio.

Ok now it the help of google maps or with the help fellow of "somalilanders", can you please name only four even three villages/town/places which are on somaliland's well defined border with Somalia?.

Tallaabo   

Gar_maqaate;970357 wrote:
Ok now it the help of google maps or with the help fellow of "somalilanders", can you please name only four even three villages/town/places which are on somaliland's well defined border with Somalia?.

What a nonsense!!

Tallaabo   

Xaaji Macalin, whenever I try to educate the un-informed about the facts regarding Somaliland, I see that you have already taken the responsibility to teach them some serious lessons and make sure they graduate with top marks ;)

If only you people had an ounce of intellectual curiosity then I would really school you on the history of somaliland but you would rather feed on tribal fair tale and half baked mythology. Tallaabo did you know the your colony masters the British didn't not even consider somaliland as a protectorate or the fact they believed that the treaties signed with friendly tribes are legally void?

Gar_maqaate;970357 wrote:

The boundaries are clear the Anglo Italian border treaty between Somalia and Somaliland

This is all of Africa, Somaliland is no different than any other country in Africa the only difference it made a union with Somalia unfortunately.

But when it comes to the legality of the Somaliland state its no different than Kenya Tanzania Nigeria Ghana and so on.

ColonialAfrica_19201.png