Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland new Foreign Minister Biixi Yoonis arrives in hargeysa + warm welcome+PICS

Wasiirka Arimaha Debada Somaliland Oo Maanta Dalka Yimid Soo Dhawayn Diirana Kala Kulmay Xukuumada Somaliland iyo Shacabka, Si Koobana Uga Hadlay Xilka Loo Magacaabay+Sawiro

(Hadhwanaagnews) Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hargeysa(HWN):-wasiirka cusub ee wasaarada arimaha debada Somaliland Maxamed Biixi Yoonis oo maanta dalka yimid ayaa soo dhawayn balaadhan kala kulmay shacabka ku dhaqan caasimada Hargeysa.

Hargeysa(HWN):-wasiirka cusub ee wasaarada arimaha debada Somaliland Maxamed Biixi Yoonis oo maanta dalka yimid ayaa soo dhawayn balaadhan kala kulmay shacabka ku dhaqan caasimada Hargeysa.

Wasiirka cusub ee wasaarada arimaha debada Somaliland oo

maanta ka soo degay garoonka diyaaradaha ee magaalada Hargeysa ayaa waxa garoonka diyaaradaha ku soo dhaweyey xubno ka mida golaha wasiirada Somaliland,madax dhaqameed iyo dadweyne aad u tiro badan.

Wasiirka cusub ee wasaarada arimaha debada Somaliland Maxamed Biixi Yoonis oo warbaahinta kula hadlay gudaha garoonka diyaaradaha ee magaalada Hargeysa ayaa waxa u mahad celiyey xubnaha xukuumada ah ee soo dhaweeyey iyo guud ahaan shacbi weynaha ku soo dhaweeyey garoonka diyaaradaha.

waxaanu sheegay inuu wadanka u yimid sidii uu ugu shaqayn lahaa waxaanu yidhi ? waxaan u mahad celinayaa madaxweynaha,xukuumadiisa,golaha baarlamaanka,salaadiinta iyo guud ahaan shacabka Somaliland.

waxanan ilaahay ka baryayaa hawshaa culus ee lay igmaday in ilaahay ii fududeeyo, waxaan ilaahay ka baryayaa inaad igu gacan qabataan, waa hawl culus oo umada u taala, waana inaynu ka midaysnaanaa arimaha qaranka, arimaha ictiraafka iyo arimaha gooni isu taaga mucaarid iyo muxaafidba.?

Wasiirka cusub ee wasaarada arimaha debada Somaliland Maxamed Biixi Yoonis oo hadalkiisa sii wata ayaa waxa uu intaas raaciyey.

?Waxaan ahaa Secratery General waxaana ii magacaabay xoghaya qaramada midoobay banki moon waxaanan ka shaqaynayey UN-ka laakiin madaxweynuhu waxaan u sheegay inaan wadankayga imanayo oo aan u shaqaynayo oo aan ka tago shaqadaydii aan ka hayey qaramada midoobay diyaar-na aan u ahay inaan hawshan lay igmaday qabto.? Ayuu yidhi wasiirka cusub ee wasaarada arimaha debada Somaliland Maxamed Biixi Yoonis.

STOIC   

The guy has an impresive resume.Aight I gotta admit my Father-in-law is bias . Whenever SM is appointed or elected they will bring the biggest change since they are the best. So now he is telling me this guy is the man who will bring ICTIRAF..I wish the guy the best of luck, but I highly doubt he will deliver the price...

^^ I dont think it really has much to do with the Foreign minister it has more to do what kind of strategy he brings and plan to achieve the Somaliland goal. To deliver the price he either has to be very good negotiator when dealing with the Koonfurians who or he creates something new way of achieving the Somaliland objective. I doubt his clan matters he is from the same clan of Dr Bidaar, and we all know the shortcommings of the Dr Bidaar. i actually believe Somalilands best foreign minister was during the udub days Ducaale dhoolayare. He was a man who understood African and international diplomacy. Lets see what Biixi brings for Somaliland.

STOIC   

Xaaji, agreed. I was just pointing out the old man bias. Being a good son-Inlaw an d a man who knows the ways of the world I had to just nod my head in agreement and pretend this guy is gonna deliver lol

Stoic,

M.Bixi is a highly qualified international civil servant who's worked within the U.N. and Africa Development Bank for decades. His professional accomplishments are too extensive to be listed here. Besides hiring lots of SL'ers over the years, he's also hired and brought into the UN system such individuals as Omar Abdirashid, the previous TFG Prime Minister. He was highly resourceful (in providing funds) for the SNM struggle during his stint at the Africa Development Bank(which gives him deep personal bonds with all remaining members of the SNM executive committee - Siilaanyo, Hassan Isse, Muuse Bixi, Mohamed Kahin, Mohamed Xaashi). He comes from an old school Hargeisa family.

However, the recognition issue is bigger than one individual and his resume. Powerful international interests oppose the SL recognition, in particular within the Arab League. M. Bixi has his work cut out for him. He'll need to coordinate the different SL groups(gov't ministers, opposition parties, outside of office SLers) to speak with one voice when it comes to the 'Recognition Equation' and the process for achieving it. He'll need to reach an accommodation with a powerful Minister in the Presidency who has far larger future political ambitions and prefers to be the final decision-maker on all matters.

However, he is a seasoned international diplomat who's used to interacting with world leaders for many years. Finally, on a personal level, M.Bixi is an old school Somaliland 'gentleman' in the full sense of the word!

STOIC   

Mintid, I'm glad you brought that point up.I was really disapointed with the public theater-sometimes close to farce- that the opposition and the " short man" made out of the Somaliland recognition.If one were to adapt the on air crossfire rhetoric between the opposition and the "short man" , one might speculate that they all long to hear their own voices over the air. Rhetoric like that is unbecoming for leaders. Suffice to say that the "short man" has political ambitions, but he shouldn't be the reason why the respected minister can't accomplish his duties.Curiously, given his status as the presidential minister I wonder why he got to think the ball stops with him.

It seems what excites the opposition too is a chance to score a point against the "short man" and his party. I find it now, even more important that Somaliland case is getting an international acknowledgement. They will be making a horrific error if they make the issue of recognition as a political game to score points.It is not right on both sides to make the issue of recognition ambitions a kind of public theater that looks like a farce.Somaliland is today moving forward at a very good pace.With each passing day the intensity of Somaliland progress doubles. Somaliland cherished principles of speaking with one voice shouldn't be compromised in the process of scoring political goals.I'm not advocating for the opposition to enthusiastically embrace the cheerleeding role of agreeing with everything that comes out of the Silanyo administration, but they shouldn't say/do anything in the process that can agitate the public.

Stoic,

The whole Somali equation is currently a ball being kicked between various international interest groups: 1)A group of Western countries led by the U.S. & Britain,

2)Interested Arab countries as well as Turkey (let's call this the Islamic Coalition)

3)Regional neighbors (Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Sudan, and Djibouti)

Unfortunately, Somaliland currently lacks individuals with a solid knowledge of interacting with any of the above 3 blocks of interest determining the current trajectory of the Somali peninsula. We're still hostage to the Sheikh/Amoud Graduate Club, stuck in a post-WW2, Cold War understanding of international relations. While that Amoud/Sheikh generation has been exemplary in managing the internal jockeying and stability of the various SL communities, they've been a step behind on the international stage.

I don't know if M. Bixi will be an improvement in this regard, but I certainly pray so! Let's hope he doesn't get too caught up in the constant 'Xaflado' that are the hallmark of all Somalis when a new personality comes to the scene....

STOIC;969897 wrote:
The guy has an impresive resume.Aight I gotta admit my Father-in-law is bias . Whenever
SM
is appointed or elected they will bring the biggest change since they are the best. So now he is telling me this guy is the man who will bring ICTIRAF..I wish the guy the best of luck, but I highly doubt he will deliver the price...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

STOIC,

you are a 'qabyaladayste'. couple of my beesha haradaan friends use this expression, too. :cool:

STOIC   

^Warya Qaftaan has its place..I was just pointing out a bias.I just evesdrop on Qabiil talk and probably pick some stuff..Istaqfurullah...and who is beesha haraadaan? lol

STOIC;969930 wrote:
^Warya Qaftaan has its place..I was just pointing out a bias.I just evesdrop on Qabiil talk and probably pick some stuff..Istaqfurullah...and who is beesha haraadaan? lol

discussing internal tribal dynamics on the politics section waa laga ficanyahay. :cool:

It is unbecoming for Somaliland to keep electing Oldies ,what happened to the new Somaliland Generations, that is why Somaliland is loosing its grip on being recognized, I think it is time to be created new Party solely Generations under 50yrs only to run Somaliland and bring to its hay days. Long Live Somaliland.