Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

4 Years and Still Going Strong, y'all. Congratulations and Hambalyos are in Order, Ma istidhi?

Haatu   

You accuse me of political point scoring and we're in Ramadlaan? :D

Congratulations anyway. All that's left is breed a football team ma istiri? :D

please don't misconstrue my views as those belonging to the Anti-SL camp. i'm a firm believer of SL but i'm merely saying.....it's different here on the ground. the reality is so much better, dee. looking our affairs through a rose-tinted view only produces.... the romanticising of clan entities, of division and antagonism. waxas waa laga ficanyahay. :) its astonishing how deprave some people are with their meandering thoughts and ideas of what actually constitutes 'home', 'belonging' and 'ethnic spaces', ma istidhi? :P

STOIC   

The government of Somaliland is watching this space closely. As evidence by this page the reality is of countless anonymous accusation of Qaraanka. Somaliland has long regarded this character as the enemy of the state and hereby wishes to level cyber-episonage charges against this DaqaanCeelis

Haatu;969789 wrote:
You accuse me of political point scoring and we're in Ramadlaan?
:D

naga daa the Abdi Iley-ism, abti.:P Melez is dead..... he doesn't have to be on his best behaviour, ma garatay? :D

Haatu;969789 wrote:
Congratulations anyway. All that's left is breed a football team ma istiri?
:D

have you seen Al-Jazeera's Football Rebels series. check out the one with Didier Drogba. ninku waa fariid. this man is EPIC. the Drogz and other Ivorian footballing superstars have used football as a tool to heal their nation. football is a conveyor of unity. it could unite all Somalis from waqooyi to the occupied territories. we can learn so much from the Ivory Coast team, ma garatay? :D

check it out.....

Haatu   

^I see how you side-stepped my insinuation abti :D

I listened to an Iley speech the other day. The guy just rambles on and on about useless rubbish all day long. Fadaraalka this...fadaraalka that, and frightened folks clapping every few mins like in a North Korean dictatorship. I'm also sure a fair number of people were asleep :D

You know, i've always wondered, if Somalia and kenya were playing, who would I supporting (providing there's faaraxs on the kenyan side).

Alpha Blondy;969755 wrote:
its been 4 years since i made the decision to come back ''home''. on the 21st of July 2009, i decided i was going back home and came i did
:P
. its been amazing walahi. i can't believe it. its been so amazing. there's been so many amazing times and so many great times with some great folks. i can't believe it. its been 4 years y'all. can you believe that?
there has been nothing amazing about my life here. this is all hype and exaggeration. i came to SL on the 30th of Sept 2010. its NOT even 3 years.

i was barely in my early 20s and now i'm almost pre late 20s, you know.
someone needs to learn to add up

what i have learnt and achieved.

1. i came with a job, having applied and accepted the position in London. i'm the only person, i know who came with a job, unlike ALL these dhaqan celis folks with their semi-retarded mental faculties. i'm gone from one job to another like a little girl on a skipping rope.
(Anyone can apply for a job in this hell-hole and get it just as easily.....nothing to boast about.

2. i almost got married twice walahi. :cool:
( ANOTHER LIE technically!)

3. i've become wholly integrated. i wear macawis and use miswak.
(NONSENSE! i've hardly integrated)

4. my somali is flawless. my writing is even better.
[NONSENSE again! my somali (both written and speaking form) was always perfect)

5. i've contributed back to my country. i've done so much good and fulfilled my contributory dues.
(how does one quantify this?)

6. i've got the entire city on lock-down. voted 2011's most sociable person in HAG.
(2011 was a long time Alphow, inaar)

7. i've created local jobs for local people...whilst cutting as many as i've created.:cool:
(austerity is my middle name. i underpay them and work them like slaves.)

8. i've been arrested 4 times. i spent 3 days in jail. i've bribed my way out of these difficulties:cool:.
(20mins in Hargeisa Water Agency over a bill dispute was the longest. this was faux attempt to look 'rough'. not impressing anyone, though)

9. i've hosted some many SOLers. i've hosted many couchsurfers. i've been hosted too.
(no comment.)

10. i've travelled to 36 different city's/towns in the SL Republic.
(there's less than 14 major settlements)

Mashallah. Mashallah. Mashallah.

5 more years please, Alphow. :cool:
;)

how embarrassing. some people have NO self-awareness, ma istidhi. absolutely shocked i wrote this JUNK. :mad:

Naxar Nugaaleed;970020 wrote:
Great pics, congrats. Four years is long enough though, maybe it's time to head back.

are you trying to irritate me, inaar?

its NOT 4 years. its only 2 years and 10 months in 7 days. :P

Tallaabo   

Alpha Blondy;970103 wrote:
guys,

i'm thinking of finally calling it a day here, in the nation's capital.

maxa tala ah?

Congratulations for your achievements but I would honestly advise you not to come back to the UK now but try to succeed in Somaliland. Open businesses there or have a go at the things you wanted to do but did not get the chance to do them. Your expertise and talents are more appreciated and have more impact in your homeland than in the UK. Good luck with your next chapter.

Khadafi   

Way to go Alpha, must say that people dont last a year, your an inspiration but do tell us have you had moments where you have tossed your boorso on the ground and said "Guys I am leaving".

Hambalyo and keep doing your stuff.

more pics....

227991_10150197340249250_2097059_n.jpg

^i was there for 20th anniversary of the SL Republic. haven't bothered the last two years. :P

166322_10150093977014250_7885995_n.jpg

^one of my favourite pics. circa late 2010 near Cali Xayd.

163728_10150093974344250_6769389_n.jpg

^life was so much simpler in those early days. now, more money more problems. cajiib.

260516_10150217517564250_3374331_n.jpg

^beachside, Djibouti. relaxing and chilling was the name of the game, in those early days.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL