Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

4 Years and Still Going Strong, y'all. Congratulations and Hambalyos are in Order, Ma istidhi?

its been 4 years since i made the decision to come back ''home''. on the 21st of July 2009, i decided i was going back home and came i did :P. its been amazing walahi. i can't believe it. its been so amazing. there's been so many amazing times and so many great times with some great folks. i can't believe it. its been 4 years y'all. can you believe that? :P

i was barely in my early 20s and now i'm almost pre late 20s, you know. :P

what i have learnt and achieved.

1. i came with a job, having applied and accepted the position in London. i'm the only person, i know who came with a job, unlike ALL these dhaqan celis folks with their semi-retarded mental faculties. i'm gone from one job to another like a little girl on a skipping rope.:P.

2. i almost got married twice walahi. :cool:

3. i've become wholly integrated. i wear macawis and use miswak.

4. my somali is flawless. my writing is even better.

5. i've contributed back to my country. i've done so much good and fulfilled my contributory dues.

6. i've got the entire city on lock-down. voted 2011's most sociable person in HAG. :P

7. i've created local jobs for local people...whilst cutting as many as i've created.:cool:

8. i've been arrested 4 times. i spent 3 days in jail. i've bribed my way out of these difficulties:cool:.

9. i've hosted some many SOLers. i've hosted many couchsurfers. i've been hosted too.

10. i've travelled to 36 different city's/towns in the SL Republic.

Mashallah. Mashallah. Mashallah.

5 more years please, Alphow. :cool:;)

some of epic travels in the homeland.

somewhere in the miyi near Hargeisa.

314270_10151355622164250_675109624_n.jpg

Berbera

428926_10151299287249250_2139157526_n.jp

Jig-jiga - killka-5aad

392135_10150398371659250_1654802974_n.jp

Maydh

284716_10150260489764250_4273135_n.jpg

Darsalaam - 100km North-West of Hargeisa

309465_10150330663334250_1794198116_n.jp

Lowyacado

261560_10150247970914250_1327621_n.jpg

Cali Xayd

216307_10150159604244250_7872329_n.jpg

Las Qoray

268894_10150259893164250_157127_n.jpg

Sacadadiin Islands

282664_10150935639754250_826749888_n.jpg

You really have accomplished a lot sxb, and i hope you continue to do so. One thing i am going to give you credit for is, you are at least living back home and know a lot more of what's going on than some of the people that post here. I'd take you opinion than some of the people here.

One more thing sxb, stay outta trouble so you wouldn't be locked up. :)

Congratulations though!

STOIC   

It didn't happen till you got the mugshot..proof it so we can put in NinYaban thread..I still believe you are random dude, but I gotta give to you for sticking around in SL....

my poignant SL story.

i've been on a ''benevolent mission'' and even that's stretching it far, in all honesty. i think many of you have been away from the homeland for a long time. the situation on the ground is not as perceived by those with lofty diaspora aspirations of perhaps returning one day. i made a conscious decision to return home. i was ''broken'' and returned with the view of cleansing my ''hybrid-somali-from-a-distince westerner identity'' of any lingering vestiges of ''western values'' and more importantly of any western cultural norms. my aim was to create a singular and indeed complete personal identity. i was deluded and felt British dee. in hindsight, it was also my protected upbringing that misled me about the harsh realities of life. i believed in this potent mantra of democracy, multiculturalism and human rights before denouncing the WEST forever. for the next year or so, i begun a process of self-evaluation, of change, of finding purpose and belonging. i did that by coming here.

my coming to somaliland trip was very much low-key, you see. i was a popular and rather active in diaspora-based pro-Somaliland events/lecture circuits but soon realise the 'group' i was cahooting with, were pathetic, khat-addled-Somalilanders-from-a-distance and in name ony. they spent their entire time on exchanging and repackaging the latest somaliland news and information, occasionally adding their own version of events to the latest developments. these men thought themselves the pioneers and protectors of 'Somaliland' in the diaspora. the misinformation and hyperbole were an attempt to manipulate the masses of patriotic Somalilanders in the qurbo-ha with the view of creating an unshakeable sense of nationhood and somalilandnimo. they'd often re-tell their dramatic stories of conquest and liberation and i was in that world. i was attentive and foolishly followed these lies in the hope that it would firmly solidify my shaky belief and weak sense of being. I was a dedicated follower in these cult circles and was hailed as the next big thing – a new form of somalilander from the qurbaha but with the lingo and ideology of cult leaders. but still, i yearned for more than mere stories and tales of biblical proportions. i came here and saw my land and realised the evil rubble-rousers and instigators, were so detached from reality and lived in a bubble, a bubble of illusory dreams and nightmare induced fallacies.

for the last 4 years, i've been working on grass roots, organic development, development dictated by us and not them with conscious effort to rebuild the broken social fabric of this land. the people of this land don't need the usual delusional nonsense peddled by fake politicians like 'international recognition'' and other such fallacies. i feel, they need to understand the importance of sacred social values of 'trust', confidence in their own being', deference, trust in social institutions and authority. from the very outset, i felt, through the various research and papers, i wrote on these matters that crucial societal rehabilitation efforts were being ignored and considered something peripheral that the somali customs, norms and values can wholly solve. I realised that through a grass-roots, bottoms-up and an organically Somali approach, I was more than capable of developing new methods, ideas and thinking that may signal a way forward. and i feel i've achieved those aims in their entirety by blogging on SOL and 'exoticisting' my mad exploits for all to see, in the hope they may confer me with accolades, sharaf points and ever lasting success. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. :P:D

Nin-Yaaban;969760 wrote:
You really have accomplished a lot sxb, and i hope you continue to do so. One thing i am going to give you credit for is, you are at least living back home and know a lot more of what's going on than some of the people that post here. I'd take you opinion than some of the people here.

One more thing sxb, stay outta trouble so you wouldn't be locked up.
:)

Congratulations though!

your hambalyos mean a lot to Alz. inaar, you've been my greatest supporter and i appreciate this. thanks.

do you know why i'm not so political, anymore? :P

because its BS. despite the allure its given on the political section. here, on the ground, its absolute BS. :D

STOIC;969765 wrote:
It didn't happen till you got the mugshot..proof it so we can put in NinYaban thread..I still believe you are random dude, but I gotta give to you for sticking around in SL....

ina Salaxleyooow,

when are you coming to Salaxley to help little sand-dwellers reach the Millennium Development Goals. there's only 2 years left, you know. :D

STOIC   

Like HAG in Mogadishu I'm coming to kick all of you out of Hargeisa. I will deport you to Berbera.Silanyo to Burco and JB to Burao..the original owners of H-town are back and about to kick some assss.. Get ready wArya

Haatu   

Hambalyo.

PS: Thank you for exposing to the world the delusions of Xaaji Xunjuf and his likes.

STOIC;969775 wrote:
Like HAG in Mogadishu I'm coming to kick all of you out of Hargeisa. I will deport you to Berbera.Silanyo to Burco and JB to Burao..the original owners of H-town are back and about to kick some assss.. Get ready wArya

Will-WTF-face.png

Haatu;969776 wrote:
Hambalyo.

PS: Thank you for exposing to the world the delusions of Xaaji Xunjuf and his likes.

abti,

you've portrayed me as a Bradley Manning of sorts. this is NOT wikileaks, ma garatay. :P

keep it on the hush because we don't want Guddida Wanaag Farista iyo Xuman Reebista to arrest Alz, now, do we?. Somaha, dee? :D

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;969778 wrote:
abti,

you've portrayed me as a Bradley Manning of sorts. this is NOT wikileaks, ma garatay.
:P

keep it on the hush because we don't want Guddida Wanaag Farista iyo Xuman Reebista to arrest Alz, now, do we?. Somaha, dee?
:D

lol well you have just proven to the gallery the weak foundations some people's propaganda and dare I say it 'nationhood' rests on so you can expect late night visitors soon, abti ;)

Haatu;969782 wrote:
lol well you have just proven to the gallery the weak foundations some people's propaganda and dare I say it 'nationhood' rests on so you can expect late night visitors soon,
abti
;)

don't ruin my anniversary thread with your ''cheap-below-the-gutter-point-scoring-politicking'', abti. :mad:

my advise to those folks you've briefly mentioned is this......STOP living in the past and come out here........ and see things for what they are - diversity and peaceful co-existence. waa iga taalo. :)