Sign in to follow this  
Classified

Why is Somalia and Djibouti part of the Arab League?

Nuune understands me the most here. All I am trying to say is, when a Somali is in the Arab countries, the Arabs look down upon the Somali. They consider Somalis as subservient to them. That alone boils my blood, not for revenge, because I am a Muslim, but to show the Arabs that, indeed I have something to be proud of and that I am proud to say that I am not an Arab, but a Somali. Somalia and Djibouti don't have to be part of the Arab League to exist. We don't need their assistance, be it financial or military support to exist. In fact, if they had been sincere for the past 22 years, Somalia would've been a stable country.

I think the reason Siad Barre made Somalia to join the Arab League was to belittle his African counterparts. He wanted to show the rest of Africa that Somalia, although was in Africa, also had a second Identity that was apparently superior to that of Africa (Hint: The skin color lol).

Classified did an Arab Bully you why did you not speak up and Kick him in the face, so we should also not generalize all Arabs we are talking about more than 300 million people. U are absolutely showing that you are inferior to the Arabs why do you need to proof anything to the Arabs why cant you just be your self. And be part of their club even though its useless but its only for political reasons. I never understand the Somalis who preoccupy themselves with Arabs and care for their opinion. Why do you think their opinion matters or those Somalis who believe if you dont love Arabs , u wont enter the gates of Jannah, why cant you guys just act cool

Xaaji Xunjuf;969555 wrote:
Classified did an Arab Bully you why did you not speak up and Kick him in the face, so we should also not generalize all Arabs we are talking about more than 300 million people. U are absolutely showing that you are inferior to the Arabs why do you need to proof anything to the Arabs why cant you just be your self. And be part of their club even though its useless but its only for political reasons. I never understand the Somalis who preoccupy themselves with Arabs and care for their opinion. Why do you think their opinion matters or those Somalis who believe if you dont love Arabs , u wont enter the gates of Jannah, why cant you guys just act cool

I wasn't bullied by anyone. It befits not a black person to join a White supremacy league, nor does it befit a Japanese to join an Indian or Russian league. All I am saying is we look nothing like Arabs, white, and Asian.

Members of the Arab League that share the same cultures, language and pretty much have citizens that look alike 100%: (by look alike I mean their physical appearance and not as in identical twins)

Yemen

Jordan

UAE

Kuwait

Syria

Iraq

Saudi Arabia

Palestine

Kuwait

Qatar

Tunisia

Oman

Morocco

Lebanon

Algeria

Bahrain

Egypt

Mauritania

The people of Somalia, Sudan, Djibouti and Comoros don't look nothing like the people of the aforementioned Countries. If religion is the reason why Somalia is part of the Arab League, then ALL Muslim countries should be part of the Arab League.

Why are you fixated with Looks is that important when cooperating, regional cooperation and strategic interests of partnership is not based on Looks. Do we share the same looks and culture and ethnics with the Bantu Nations of Africa why are we part of the African union. By the way Mauritania has brown people the same with Sudan Eritrea has an observer status and it might join in the future. Its all about interest i dont find Arab people interesting or people who have something we need but they are no threat to Somali political and economic interests so why cant we cooperate with them. Many of the countries u listed are not even arabs by ancestry and are Mustacrabs. If you believe Arab league is ineffective and we should withdraw than oke fair enough, but Arabs have a lighter skin or have hairy arms is no reason to cease the cooperation between the league of Arab Nations.

Classified is the biggest Ximaar I've seen lol. Yes I said Ximaar, he got bullied as a kid and now he's hateful. Or he's secular (we know they hate Arabs because of Islam, "Why are we worshiping an Arabian God".

Somalis don't get looked down upon. Maybe in Yemen as they're the lowest of the low refugees and even in Yemen we're not on the same level as the black Yemenites which they call the Akhdaam.

If you mean Saudi Arabia, why don't you go to Yemeni forums and see how they are treated in Saudi Arabia. Don't make yourself a victim. Man up. Classified.

And what do looks have to do? Talk about language not looks. Saying that a Yemeni looks the same as a Syrian just shows you're ignorant. Plus Sudanis are more Arab than (most) Moroccans and Syrians.

Till this very point he has not shown a legitimate reason why Somalia should leave the Arab league. Saying we don't look alike is a ridiculous reason.

Arabs are one of the biggest allies of Somalia, look what they did to Beirut and Gaza they rebuilt it from scratch. Today in Somalia the biggest projects after the Turks are financed by the Arabs. Just because you spend all your time on Worldstarhiphop or writing poems about Trayvon Martin doesn't mean that all of us are blind to what might help us in the future.

kickz   

Mad_Mullah;969570 wrote:
Till this very point he has not shown a legitimate reason why Somalia should leave the Arab league. Saying we don't look alike is a ridiculous reason.

Arabs are one of the biggest allies of Somalia, look what they did to Beirut and Gaza they rebuilt it from scratch. Today in Somalia the biggest projects after the Turks are financed by the Arabs. Just because you spend all your time on Worldstarhiphop or writing poems about Trayvon Martin doesn't mean that all of us are blind to what might help us in the future.

They haven't done enough, Turkey has made their efforts look like a joke.

I am not advocating leaving the League though.

Carafaat   

Classified;969557 wrote:
I wasn't bullied by anyone. It befits not a black person to join a White supremacy league, nor does it befit a Japanese to join an Indian or Russian league. All I am saying is we look nothing like Arabs, white, and Asian.

Members of the Arab League that share the same cultures, language and pretty much have citizens that look alike 100%: (by look alike I mean their physical appearance and not as in identical twins)

Yemen

Jordan

UAE

Kuwait

Syria

Iraq

Saudi Arabia

Palestine

Kuwait

Qatar

Tunisia

Oman

Morocco

Lebanon

Algeria

Bahrain

Egypt

Mauritania

The people of Somalia, Sudan, Djibouti and Comoros don't look nothing like the people of the aforementioned Countries. If religion is the reason why Somalia is part of the Arab League, then ALL Muslim countries should be part of the Arab League.

Interesting thread Classified. However, I think you generalize a bit on the similarities between those countries you have summoned up. First, those countries dont share the same pychsical appearances. You would be suprised by the nr of 'blacks' in those countries. Neither do they share the same linguestics. Both Algeriya, Marroco have a majority of Berber(Semitic language) speakers.

But they do share one thing though, they all fall under the Arab cultural influence sphere. The same goes for Somalia, Comores, Djibouti and Sudan. You cant deny the significant Arab influences on Somali culture, traditions and even language.

My point of vieuw. Why limit ourselves? Why try to narrowly define our heritage. If you ask me Somalia should become member of the Commenwealth, Turki League, South African Union, North African coalition, Cushitic Nations league, Indian League, Bangladeshi Unity, Farzi Union of Nations, Italian speaking League.

Hadaba Kuli reerkii igu Salaan. Kheyr ayaan ku Rajeeniyaa. Safar wacan. Jimce wanaagsan. Mac Salama Saxiib.

P.s.How many arabic words did you cant in the last paragraph? :D

me   

Classified,

You have raised a good question. In my opinion Somalia should remain part of the Arab League.

The Arab League is a major organization in the region where Somalia is situated.

Therefore it is important that Somalia has a voice in that organization, so that Somali interest

can be better served.

The Arab League is no different that AU or IGAD or the OIC.

I am not an Arab, but it is in the interest of Somalia, that we are represented in that organization.

In our current situation, I can imagine the resentment that we have for our Arab neighbors.

But lets remember, its politics and we should work for our Somali interest and not not expect

and inch of goodness from anyone, its a dog eat dog world.

Leaving the Arab league will leave us voiceless in a major regional organization. Also if we (Somali's)

get the opportunity to join the International Whaling Organization, or the Society for the management of Antarctica,

we should join with our knife and fork ready and take our share.

Its not about race, religion, culture, friendship, its about interest!

gooni   

Xaaji Xunjuf;969543 wrote:
We do not have Arab culture easy with the Arabization , the Arabs are over protective when it comes to woman they lock their woman up they keep their woman unintelligent ,while Somali woman are much stronger and enjoy freedom education also Somalis do not abuse if one is down or is submissive. Arabs abuse Indians and Pakistanis and other Asians in their Countries. Somalis do understand Arabic Language and many speak it but its not their native tongue. I do believe we share faith with the Arabs and i do not believe they are a threat to Somali culture or interests and religion, but we should not pretend Arab culture equivalent to Islamic culture. All relations are based on cooperation and creating a win win situation for all the regional countries. I still believe Arab league is ineffective and has done absolutely nothing during the Somali civil war. The Western world has done more when it comes to assistance and setting up political frameworks for the Somalis.

XX,,xoriyada aad dumarka siinayso matan reer galbeedkaa? carabtu waxay u qaybsantaa dhowr kuwa waqooyiga afrika iyo shaam waa bedelmeen waayo waa la dhex galay,yeman waa goonideeda,khaliijku wuxuu u badan yahay muxaafid qabiilaysan iyo xadari ku teedsan badda iyo kaluumaysiga

Carabta intaan ka aqaan way ka adagyihiin dumarka iyo ragga madow ee la nool,hadiise aad soomaali tahay waxay kaa aaminsanyihiin in aad carab ka luntay oo afrikaan dhex gashay sidaasna aad ku badelantay

Markii aad dadnimada lahayd ood qaranka ahayd way kaa hibaysan jireen haddase waxay kuugu duceeyaan in ilaahay cawradaada asturo mana kala yaqaanaan reer bini haashim iyo reer afgooye

Dhaqanka fiican ooy leeyihiin waxaa ka mida hadalkoodoo duco u badan dhisidda masaajidka aad bay uga taxa daraan biyo sadaqadaa oo kuu qaboojiyeen,dariska oo laga war hayo iwm

Dumarkooda oo aad uga xishooda inay ragga la murmaan la mid maahan kuweenii booska ama dhulka kula murmi jiray ragga ayadoo ninkeedii gadaal iska marisay

Hadaan kuu soo koobo dhaqanadooda xun muwaadin iyo ajnabi ma sina sharciga ay samaysteen.

la noolow adoo xadkaaga yaqaan,in badan way kaa cadhaysiin.

Calaa kuli xaal carab la noolow waa cadho la noolow,caddaan la noolowna waa cadaw la noolow

Haatu   

gooni;969604 wrote:
Calaa kuli xaal carab la noolow waa cadho la noolow,caddaan la noolowna waa cadaw la noolow

This is a nice way of putting it.