Sign in to follow this  
Classified

Why is Somalia and Djibouti part of the Arab League?

Actually Morocco and some of the the other north African countries are majority Berber speaking people even though many of them are of mixed ancestry. How ever the Arab league is a regional organization that upholds Arab values and ethics and culture and protects the Arab political interests across the middle east thats what they want us to belief. Now Somalis do not share much of Arab Values and culture with Arabs some of us prefer to wear Khamiis.But its not our customs what unites the Arabs is a common language and they are cooperating. I believe Somalis should cooperate with the Arabs only if the Arab league becomes an effective organization and it should be based on mutual interests. We could say the Arab league has no real political objective it some how stands still, and Somalia in turmoil right now it could use as much friends as they can. Even though the Arabs sheekadoodu waxa weye qawda maqashi waxna ha u qaban. Somalia is also a member of the African union i believe that is also mainly political not because we love the sub saharan africans nor do we share culture or even religion with them. By the way Djibouti has very close relations with the Arab nations its port is leased by one of the Khaleeji Arab states.

nuune;969525 wrote:
^^ Classified, Jacphar is not series in saying that marka ka gudub, what do you want from Somalia anyway?

Maybe he wants Somalia to join the European union Djibouti would love to be part of the European union.

nuune   
Xaaji Xeyraan, I think most Arab countries do know and appreciate that iney ku abtirsadaan Somaliland, since most Arab countries came very late while Somaliland was an Arab nation way before Saudi Arabia or even before the people of Xadru-Mawt & Baxrul-Mayyit, si fiican ma u akhrisey the cave writings that depict this hidden history horta intaadan meelaha ordin niyahow.

Jacpher   

nuune;969525 wrote:
^^ Classified, Jacphar is not series in saying that marka ka gudub, what do you want from Somalia anyway?

Nuune I just don't get this idea 'we-are-not-arabs-why-in-arab-league'. Somalia is in the Arab League because it chose to for its own interest. After all, most Somali clans say they are of Arab linage.

nuune   

Classified;969529 wrote:
Nuune, I want Somalia and Somalis to have self-confidene and to be proud of Somalinimo.

Then you have a long way to go to start convincing Somalis that our history dates back Qowmu Nuux, way before even Fircown times, even the Greeks have Somali gene in them, it is written in their Alamanac book.

Jacphar, actually only few clans say they are from Suuriya Ismaaciil and Yemen-Xadru-Mawt, most Somalis are starting to believe their own history and identity now which is good, at least we existed before Egypt, that is an achievement itself but we chose not to mention or erase our history because someone said an ousted Arab guy came to the land of Somalia and naag uu biiqey halkaas joogtey, waxaas baa history dad u ah.

nuune;969530 wrote:
Xaaji Xeyraan
, I think most Arab countries do know and appreciate that iney ku abtirsadaan Somaliland, since most Arab countries came very late while Somaliland was an Arab nation way before Saudi Arabia or even before the people of Xadru-Mawt & Baxrul-Mayyit, si fiican ma u akhrisey the cave writings that depict this hidden history horta intaadan meelaha ordin niyahow.

Nuune Carabta iyo reer Somaliland isku ma fiicna kuwaas khudrada xidha hano so dhawayn, wax wanaagi naga ma dhexesyo marka laga reebo reer Kuwait iyo Imaraati. Kuwa kale eeh timaha meel walba ku leh eeh meelaha ragu ka naaxin ka naaxa wax badan isku ma nihin. Somaliland inshallah waxay la xidhanaysa dunida horumaray Ruushka Chinese Japanese Fransiiska Garmalka Ukrain.

Jacpher   

Classified;969529 wrote:
Nuune, I want Somalia and Somalis to have self-confidene and to be proud of Somalinimo.

Classified: You're mixing two issues. Being part of Arab League ain't about lack of confidence and less Somalinimo. Perhaps, Somalia has all that but decided to go for Arab League membership because of its strategic interest, economical and geopolitical. Not everything is black and white.

Nuune: Somali clans being of Arab linage is a fact no one can deny but I don't think that persuaded Somali governments for go for the Arab League membership. Somalis do share Arabs with culture, religion, tradition, language, trade and some clan linage. None of that can be ignored because we ain't geographically in the Middle East.

Being a muslim entails becoming an arab necessarily -- culture wise, so i see no problem with somalia in the arab league, its 99 pct muslim

nuune   

Jacphar, the argument is not about location or being in the Middle East to be an Arab, Tunisia or the North Africa is far from their Arab brethren too, but what I am saying is, we have a history that goes back thousands of years, hadii aan dayacney taariikhdeena ma ahan inaan sheegano meela kale, yes, some clans can claim whatever they can but they don't represent the majority, being part of Arab League is of political as well as strategy I have no problem with that, only recently that I have found out that Somalia is also part of Sin-Saad & Sahara League(something like that).

We share everything with the Arabs, that part is also correct, except the dhaqan part, you cannot find Dhaanto anywhere in the Arab World!

We do not have Arab culture easy with the Arabization , the Arabs are over protective when it comes to woman they lock their woman up they keep their woman unintelligent ,while Somali woman are much stronger and enjoy freedom education also Somalis do not abuse if one is down or is submissive. Arabs abuse Indians and Pakistanis and other Asians in their Countries. Somalis do understand Arabic Language and many speak it but its not their native tongue. I do believe we share faith with the Arabs and i do not believe they are a threat to Somali culture or interests and religion, but we should not pretend Arab culture equivalent to Islamic culture. All relations are based on cooperation and creating a win win situation for all the regional countries. I still believe Arab league is ineffective and has done absolutely nothing during the Somali civil war. The Western world has done more when it comes to assistance and setting up political frameworks for the Somalis.

nuune   

Xaaji Xeyraan, mar danbe yaan kaa maqlin Afro Hashimitte iyo waxa aad la wareegto geedka khadiija taraafiko, today me and you we agree that we have a long history, way before Arabs became known, and way before Fircoon himself.

By the way, the Arabs have donated a lot of funds in Somalia's 22 years of chaos than most Western natioins, so easy with Arab bashing, runta caddee.

Nuune ya ku yidhi Afro hashimites ka ayaa leh dhaqanka carabta waxaas wa sheekooyinkaagi waxasi wa wax sal iyo raad toona lahayn. Waxay mar walba leeyihin dhaqanka Somaliland. Igu salaan jimankagi kula socday horta may kula afuran.

nuune;969530 wrote:
xaaji xeyraan
, i think most arab countries do know and appreciate that iney ku abtirsadaan somaliland, since most arab countries came very late while somaliland was an arab nation way before saudi arabia or even before the people of xadru-mawt & baxrul-mayyit, si fiican ma u akhrisey the cave writings that depict this hidden history horta intaadan meelaha ordin niyahow.

loooooooool