Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Maskax Cusub

Haatu   

I'm serious. Somali Republic was the official name in 1960 but it was still called Somalia, including the Waqooyi. Uurkubaalle ma ihi balse I have a feeling where you're trying to go with this.

Tallaabo   

Haatu;968920 wrote:
I'm serious. Somali Republic was the official name in 1960 but it was still called Somalia, including the Waqooyi. Uurkubaalle ma ihi balse I have a feeling where you're trying to go with this.

I know that is the case but the name matters a lot now as the 30 year old union is dissolved and Somaliland wants to convince the world to recognise its sovereignty.

Haatu   

I knew you were going there. You're trying to convince us that in 1960 Somaliland and Somalia united to form the Somali Republic which is false. As you know, Waqooyi and Koonfur united in 1960 to form the Somali Republic also called Somalia.As of today, one of the former components of the Union is trying to rebrand itself as something called 'Somaliland' but Somalia as a country still exists in the international sense (the 1960 Union has not been legally nullified). Only if the latter happens (God forbid), will Somalia be reduced to just the Koonfur. Capiche?

Haatu;968920 wrote:

What do you have against woqoyi adigu i believe Kenyans should stay way from Somalia and Somaliland affairs

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;968924 wrote:
What do you have against woqoyi adigu i believe Kenyans should stay way from Somalia and Somaliland affairs

Come again?

Haatu;968923 wrote:
I knew you were going there. You're trying to convince us that in 1960 Somaliland and Somalia united to form the Somali Republic which is false. As you know, Waqooyi and Koonfur united in 1960 to form the Somali Republic also called Somalia.As of today, one of the former components of the Union is trying to rebrand itself as something called 'Somaliland' but Somalia as a country still exists in the international sense (the 1960 Union has not been legally nullified). Only if the latter happens (God forbid), will Somalia be reduced to just the Koonfur. Capiche?

The name they agreed to unite was the Somali republic even the country name under Siad bare was the Somali democratic republic, they were never called woqoyi and koonfur much after independence people started referring Somaliland as woqoyi and Somalia as Koonfur.

One of the biggest errors in the horn of Africa

THE UNION OF SOMALILAND AND SOMALIA

LAW

Preamble:

WHEREAS the State of Somaliland achieved independence and ceased to be under British protection or within the jurisdiction and sovereignty of Her Britannic Majesty on the 26th day of June, 1960 (being Muharram 1st 1379):

AND WHEREAS the State of Somalia achieved its independence and ceased to have the status of a Trust Territory of the United Nations Organization administered by the Republic of Italy on the 1st of July, 1960

AND WHEREAS it is the will of the peoples of Somaliland and Somalia that their States shall united shall forever be united in the Somali Republic:

NOW, we the signatories hereof being the duly authorized representatives of the peoples of Somaliland and Somalia and having vested in us the power to make and enter into this Law on behalf of our respective States and peoples do hereby solemnly and in the name of God the compassionate and Merciful agree as follows:-

Union:

1. (a) The State of Somaliland and the State of Somalia do hereby unite and shall forever remain united in a new, independent, democratic, unitary republic the name whereof shall the SOMALI REPUBLIC.

Haatu;968926 wrote:
Come again?

You envy the people of Somaliland you belittle their efforts if it wasn't for them there would never be a union to begin with not that the union concerns you. You are still a Kenyan national who tries to meddle into Somali affairs may they be Somalia and Somaliland. Now you have the guts to say that they are rebranding something called Somaliland when Somaliland was much older than your Kenya and Somalia to. You are angry because Cigaal did not safe you from Jomo Kenyatta, well guess again only your self can fight for your freedom that is if your docile communities in kenyas north eastern province want to be free of Kenya. I really dont mind Koonfurians saying this and that about SL waba dad wax naga dhexeyaan oo an jaar nahay, bal kuwan Kenyatiga maxa naga dhexeyaa.

Xaaji Xunjuf;968927 wrote:
THE UNION OF SOMALILAND AND SOMALIA

LAW

Preamble:

WHEREAS
the State of Somaliland
achieved independence and ceased to be under British protection or within the jurisdiction and sovereignty of Her Britannic Majesty on the 26th day of June, 1960 (being Muharram 1st 1379):

AND WHEREAS
the State of Somalia
achieved its independence and ceased to have the status of a Trust Territory of the United Nations Organization administered by the Republic of Italy on the 1st of July, 1960

AND WHEREAS it is the will of the peoples of Somaliland and Somalia that their States shall united shall forever be united in
the Somali Republic
:

NOW, we the signatories hereof being the duly authorized representatives of the peoples of Somaliland and Somalia and having vested in us the power to make and enter into this Law on behalf of our respective States and peoples do hereby solemnly and in the name of God the compassionate and Merciful agree as follows:-

Union:

1. (a) The
State of Somaliland
and the
State of Somalia
do hereby unite and shall forever remain united in a new, independent, democratic, unitary republic the name whereof shall
the SOMALI REPUBLIC

LOOOL....

Haji, you just put another nail in the coffin of the 'Kacaan' propaganda many had been forced to swallow.

I think between this and Garoodi's treatise on 'Ina Abdullah Hassan & his followers'... That's enough for this blessed month ;)

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;968928 wrote:
You envy the people of Somaliland you belittle their efforts if it wasn't for them there would never be a union to begin with not that the union concerns you. You are still a Kenyan national who tries to meddle into Somali affairs may they be Somalia and Somaliland. Now you have the guts to say that they are rebranding something called Somaliland when Somaliland was much older than your Kenya and Somalia to. You are angry because Cigaal did not safe you from Jomo Kenyatta, well guess again only your self can fight for your freedom that is if your docile communities in kenyas north eastern province want to be free of Kenya. I really dont mind Koonfurians saying this and that about SL waba dad wax naga dhexeyaan oo an jaar nahay, bal kuwan Kenyatiga maxa naga dhexeyaa.

Firstly, I stand corrected on the name issue. I was wrong and I'm man enough to admit it. That said, everything else you've said is stuff and nonsense.

War Haatu, waa saxsantahay Koonfur iyo Waqooyi siyaasad ahaan isku yimid. Dalkeena waa Soomaaliya. Dad cuqdad ka qabo magaca Soomaaliya yeynan ku wareerin. Magaca Soomaaliya gumeystihii Talyaaniga kagor uu jiray, waana tixraac ku saleysan Afka Soomaaliga. Sida Oromada dhulkooda ugu wacaan Oromiya. 'Miya' waxaa adeegsafo afafka Kushtika ah iyo afka Carabiga. Sida ee Sacuudiya, Turkiya loo dhaho. Anaga Sacuudiga iyo Turkiga ayaa dhahnaa because ku dhawaaqida Afsoomaaluga saas ku haboon. Sida Soomaaliga afka u dhahdo, dhulkana Soomaaliya. Oromiya ma ugu wici karno Oromiga yacni Carabka Soomaaliyeed kuma haboona, naxwi ahaana ma'aha.

Marka dadkaan magaca Soomaaliyeed qal qal ka qabo ha isku wareerin. Xataa qaarkood waxaa dhibo inay dhahaan 'ummadda Soomaaliyeed.' Instead painfully saying 'dadka Afsoomaaliga ku hadlo.' Berina Soomaaliga ka sasi doonaan. Fiirso lee adi.

Waxasi wa been isticmaar ka hor Somaliya Somaliya lama odhan jirin waxasi wa sheeko huuhaa, Oromo na wa recent iyadu laftigeeda Galla ba la odhan jiray , dee wa run dadka af Somaliga ku hadla. hada ma af kalay ku hadlan so Somali kuma hadlaan, Somalida Kenya afsomali b ay ku hadlan Somalida Djibouti afsomali bay ku hadlan Somalida ethiopia Somali bay ku hadlan , Somalida Somaliland Somali bay ku hadlan eeh Somalida Somaliana Somali bay ku hadlan.

Haatu;968880 wrote:
Somalia is not being balkanised. The issue is that two clans can't live with each other unless they solve their differences but Culusow doesn't seem to want to do this. J/land is just a side-effect of this.

i reckon Ximan Iyo Xeeb might just clinch the title this year. they are the dark horses, literally as well as metaphorically, ma garatay abti? Somaliland for the champion league play-off. :P

oo wayoow?

the binary complex afflicting the HAGs and DAGs is ruining the league. as one comes off, the other goes on. balse, it'll be a tight race this season. i reckon the DAGs will clinch the title but i'm secretly hoping the HAGs pull off an upset. :cool:

naga daaya Somali politics, ma istidhi?

Carafaat   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;968959 wrote:
War Haatu, waa saxsantahay Koonfur iyo Waqooyi siyaasad ahaan isku yimid. Dalkeena waa Soomaaliya. Dad cuqdad ka qabo magaca Soomaaliya yeynan ku wareerin. Magaca Soomaaliya gumeystihii Talyaaniga kagor uu jiray, waana tixraac ku saleysan Afka Soomaaliga. Sida Oromada dhulkooda ugu wacaan Oromiya. 'Miya' waxaa adeegsafo afafka Kushtika ah iyo afka Carabiga. Sida ee Sacuudiya, Turkiya loo dhaho. Anaga Sacuudiga iyo Turkiga ayaa dhahnaa because ku dhawaaqida Afsoomaaluga saas ku haboon. Sida Soomaaliga afka u dhahdo, dhulkana Soomaaliya. Oromiya ma ugu wici karno Oromiga yacni Carabka Soomaaliyeed kuma haboona, naxwi ahaana ma'aha.

Marka dadkaan magaca Soomaaliyeed qal qal ka qabo ha isku wareerin. Xataa qaarkood waxaa dhibo inay dhahaan 'ummadda Soomaaliyeed.' Instead painfully saying 'dadka Afsoomaaliga ku hadlo.' Berina Soomaali
ga
ka sasi doonaan. Fiirso lee adi.

Eritea, Ethiopia, Italia, Oromiya, Somalia, all come from the Italian synthax. It doesnt mean the word is Italian, but how its writteb is Italianised.

Just like England, New Sealand, Swaziland, Puntland, Somaliland come from the British synthax. It doesnt mean Punt, Swazi or Somali are English names. The arabic synthax for Somaliland is 'Ardul Somal'.

Somalia:

The Dutch synthax is Somalie.

The Czech synthax is Somalsko.

The Croation synthax Somalija.

The Somali synthax for Somalia is Soomaaliya.

The Somali synthax for Somaliland would be Dhulka Soomaliyeed. :D