Sign in to follow this  
GAROODI

Kacaan distortion of Somali history exposed: who were the Dervishes??

GAROODI   

The five top leaders: as stated in British intelligence papers

1- The Mad Mullah/Og. Offering to surrender, in his case and that of the Following:

2-Ahmed Warsame/Lander east burco (known as Haji Sudi)

3-Deria Arale/Lander west burco

4-Deria Gure/ lander Only an unconditional surrender should be accepted, no

gurantee of any kind as to future treatment being given.

5- Sultan Nuur Ahmed Amaan the late sultan of the Western burco, may be

guaranteed his life.

GAROODI   

Naxar Nugaaleed;969091 wrote:
more like mafriish History lessons. Are all the Mods sleeping lately.

I don't think the British chew Saxib hahah.... Kacaan history laid to rest idaja and aw Jamac faked history to suit the interests of your lot. Thank god for intelligence sources its not like we had independent media

Wadani   

Gaaroodi nimankan si fiican baad u edbisay wallee. The revisionist fairy tales of the kacaan which they shamelessly peddled as authentic history has been exposed. Neo-D@@roodism is on it's death bed.

Its not the English that I fear are intoxicated with Khat, it you whose obsession/hatred for a people took you back to the Darwiish. Go outside, get somefresh air and think about whats important in life then hating "d-block".

GAROODI   

Not one of the commanders who are non d block are mentioned by idaja and aw Jamac yet they are the lead characters in ever report the British compiled and you talk to me about a merfish. Instead they invent a stable boy named ismael mirre no one ever heard of him and he is the lead character in the history of the dervish. The reason why MOD dont care is because any person will tell you this is the case

GAROODI   

Naxar Nugaaleed;969099 wrote:
Its not the English that I fear are intoxicated with Khat, it you whose obsession/hatred for a people took you back to the Darwiish. Go outside, get somefresh air and think about whats important in life then hating "d-block".

What I hate is not a people I hate the logic of d ism. Your lot faked history and that shows true hate not me by highlighting I am showing history for what it is. Walahi I could not care less. The dervishes were the Alshabab of there day they killed more Somalis then the British, French, Italians and Ethiopians (pre independence) combined. They are nothing to be proud about yet again I'm not standing outside screaming "dervish bani nahay ismael mirre ba qorti ka goyay korfield". And i don't chew Walahi it tastes nasty tried some back home on holiday not my cup of tea.

Adeer Kacaanku has been gone for over 20 years, more than Kacaanku existed. Can't you give it a rest?

Mise weli boogtii baa biskoon la'?

Give it a rest, man.

GAROODI   

Historical Books British literature to even Arabic Literature Lets look back what we have discussed so far we have discussed the Formation of the dervish movement the generals the political leadership the first 4 raids the the rescue lascanod folk stock in 1913 the year of the airplanes. We also discussed the Colonial troops or the Somaliland camel corps as how it was later called. The clans that were part of the colonial police force.. Now what is there to refute the books but Aw jamac and idaadja used Col swaynes book 17 trips through Somaliland as their own source.

Some of the books used and they are there they are not secret books

British Somaliland

Ralph Evelyn Drake-Brockman -

Seventeen trips through Somaliland and a visit to Abyssinia: with supplementary preface on the 'Mad Mullah' risings

Harald George Carlos Swayne

R. Ward, Limited, 1903 - 385

The Mad Mullah of Somaliland

By dauglas jardine

Richard Corfield of Somaliland

Henry Francis Prevost Battersby

By

E. Arnold, 1914 - 259

Official history of the operations in Somaliland, 1901-04, Volume 1

Printed for H. M. Stationery office by Harrison and sons, 1907

These are the main books about the dervish history I didn't write them they were written either in the begin 20th century or the late 19 century i was not alive a that time and these English guys wouldn't write these books to annoy d block or las canld folk why would they. the Europeans don't really care about the Somali tribal society they wrote what they saw.

The revisionism is a process in the 30s and 40s the Lascanod folk hated even to be associated with the dervishes the very thought made them vomit but it was a humuliation because they were the only clan that was subjugated by the Mullah by force and they couldn't get any freedom their Garad was killed by a minority group that was an unhonorable execution the mullah carried out in his name but he didn't take the honor to kill the gerad he let a minority group do it.

GAROODI;969102 wrote:
What I hate is not a people I hate the logic of d ism. Your lot faked history and that shows true hate not me by highlighting I am showing history for what it is. Walahi I could not care less. The dervishes were the Alshabab of there day they killed more Somalis then the British, French, Italians and Ethiopians (pre independence) combined. They are nothing to be proud about yet again I'm not standing outside screaming "dervish bani nahay ismael mirre ba qorti ka goyay korfield". And i don't chew Walahi it tastes nasty tried some back home on holiday not my cup of tea.

So you don't like the darwiish or daar- enclosure clan. why waste all this time with their history, true or not?

GAROODI;968836 wrote:
Just catching up on some reading and this is a history lesson.
Written by the British and I learned a lot.

LOOOOL

LANDER   

Tallaabo;968818 wrote:
Give tribalism a rest for this holy month at least:eek:

^ :D

Is that all you managed to gather from what the man is sharing with you?

Alot of people in this forum are in their 20s and 30s, these people's parents

likely went to school in the 70s (if at all), and these parents likely carry this

fabricated history in their pockets since it was thought all over Somalia. You would

be surprised even among Somalilanders how many people take the propaganda

that passed for 'history' during the Siad Barre era as fact. People actually have to

do alot of digging to realize what they 'heard' is innacurate if not outright lies. It would be useful

if someone did write a properly sourced book free of pretentious tribal slants and lies.

GAROODI   

LANDER;969136 wrote:
^
:D

Is that all you managed to gather from what the man is sharing with you?

Alot of people in this forum are in their 20s and 30s, these people's parents

likely went to school in the 70s (if at all), and these parents likely carry this

fabricated history in their pockets since it was thought all over Somalia. You would

be surprised even among Somalilanders how many people take the propaganda

that passed for 'history' during the Siad Barre era as fact. People actually have to

do alot of digging to realize what they 'heard' is innacurate if not outright lies. It would be useful

if someone did write a properly sourced book free of pretentious tribal slants and lies.

Somali proverb "been raad ma laha"

Iska daa Iska hesa..... Dervish banu nahay...

Korfield qortan ka Goynay... He was trying to help them misakeen

Afur wanagsan: London time

GAROODI;969139 wrote:
Somali proverb "been raad ma laha"

Iska daa Iska hesa..... Dervish banu nahay...

Korfield qorta ka Goya... Cunto Ayu idin siday misakeen

Afur wanagsan: London time

Let's say I agree with you for the sake of argument. Maxa Korfield keenay dhulkayaga? Bal yaa weydistay oo ku yidhi cunto iinoo keen? Yacni, it's like the Palestinians arguing that Ariel Sharon was helping them in the 1948. LOL