Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

Why I support I Somaliland

Mad_Mullah;968180 wrote:
I still don't see why the UN would agree. It's peaceful? Since when was that a necessity to break away? Look at Kurdistan which is MUCH richer, has a proper army, a real capital, real tourism, oil = a real economy and not based on money sent back from UK benefits.

Get with the program and find a real reason why they should accept you as a breakaway state. South Sudan had oil, and less safety than Somaliland but they were accepted.

Its not that the international community is not against Somaliland quest for statehood, they just believe the African union should decide and they would follow their decision. Kurdisan cannot declare independence if Kurdistan in Iraq does that trust me Turkey who is part of NATO would invade north Iraq the countries around Iraq ,do not entertain Kurdistan independence so oil or no oil Kurdistan is tied to Iraq.. Somaliland is totally different than Kurdistan Somaliland was its own country for a few days it has its distinct history from Somalia it voluntary united with Somalia to form the Somali republic.Kurdistan is a new creation after the American invasion of iraq in 2003. Somaliland case for independence is more closely to the Eritrean case for independence. South Sudan got its independence after a referendum held in 2011 and the united states mediated between the Sudanese government and the South sudan rebels. And they got their exit way out now we can say there was much support from the west in creating a peaceful settlement in Sudan but because bashir was isolated he thought if he gives South sudan rebels what they want, the west will give him a break while he holds tight on darfur and kordofan rich territories and South Sudan can use Sudan ports for oil exports and they would reach an agreement on that. Bashir miscalculated on many things.

Either way, if it happens good, if it doesn't live goes on. Btw. Garoodi I'm not being emotional, I'm not even from Somalia but OGenia.

The biggest Somaliland opponents are the Arabs in Africa, countries like Egypt and Sudan, in 2007 Somaliland was on the verge of obtaining an observer status at the African union, countries that had blocked this was Sudan and Egypt, While the late President Kibaki of Kenya was in favor the President of Rwanda Paul Kagame were all in favor.Many of the African brothers were in favor. Back in 2008 the US state department said that it wants the African union to lead the SL recognition and the US would follow what ever decision the African union takes. The Brits the labor party of Tony Blair called for Somaliland to hold dialogue with the than TFG of Abdilahi Yusuf , But Somaliland didn't think the fake goverment hiding behind Ethiopian tanks in Baydhabo was a credible partner in dialogue. Right now we reached to the point that Somalia has something that resembles a goverment with legitimacy from the vast Majority of the people of Somalia and the international community. And the 2 are holding formal Talks i believe the talks will some how reach a dead end since a compromise cannot be reached by either side and only with a 3rd party involved a compromise can be reached. We do hope that it will end in happiness for all people.

Carafaat   

Taleexi,

I kinda agree with you. Not that I support clan federalism. But we should engage and open dialogue with all those who want to establish governance in their own region and welcome such initiative. Irrelevant of the details.

Somaliland is now officially recognized as a defacto independent Government now by the Government of Somalia. The details are being negotiated on. Next is on the regions within Somalia that fall under the government of Somalia.

Somalia   

Carafaat;968198 wrote:
Taleexi,

I kinda agree with you. Not that I support clan federalism. But we should engage and open dialogue with all those who want to establish governance in their own region and welcome such initiative. Irrelevant of the details.

Somaliland is now officially recognized as a
defacto independent Government
now by the Government of Somalia. The details are being negotiated on. Next is on the regions within Somalia that fall under the government of Somalia.

:D :D

Tallaabo   

Xaaji Xunjuf;968166 wrote:
You are a good man Anwar

I will not believe Anwar is a good man because you would praise anyone who supports Somaliland even if it is the Devil himself;)

Not true i would not like the devil to be in support of SL lol

By the way anwar is a pragmatic koonfurian he always said what do we need from Somaliland are they richer in resources than us do they have multiple rivers like us or large fertile land. He doesn't think in emotions it an unfamiliar trait among koonfurians. He believes what is good for Somalia. He was always sympathetic to Somaliland cause so he is a good man, and he goes down in the history books as the First Koonfurian on SOL who supports Somaliland, right to be recognized as an independent state.

GAROODI   

^^ no animosity between hag and SOMALILAND. They only wish to see united Somalia but if that doesn't happen they don't really care. For the pirates it's a matter of survival and the end of the line because landers and hag both hate them and their worst nightmare is being a minority in both states. But for hag SOMALILAND has no animosity and vice versa. Hag keep the rivers, keep the capital keep the state, keep the ministers, keep everything in Italian Somalia and permanent submission of the pirates haha. Sweet deal for hag. SOMALILAND is in hag interest their intellectuals are not anti SOMALILAND from what I see. The enemy of the somali speaking people's are those who bring Ethiopian tanks into mugdisho and Kenyans into kismayo who created this mess we are in today.

Dr_Osman   

Peace is easily maintainable if your surrounded by peaceful neighbours. That's not a feat somaliland achieved its more of blessing they got. What Puntland achieved now thats a feat. Just use logic and think about it.

Puntland sitting right next to the clan that destroyed Somalia and Puntland being very active in the nation's politics and still maintained peace and development says alot. The ceasefire agreement signed by abdullahi yusuf and aideed is one of it's kind also. Think about somaliland peace. They're surrounded by Puntland-Djibouti-OG. These states are not hostile to somaliland and could care less and somaliland staying out somali politics saved them a-lot of the aarsi attacks from mogadishu clans.

Puntland deserves the right of maintaining peace because;

1. They sit right next to a clan that has caused so much havoc in the south and began the chaos and destruction of the nation state. They not only did so before but are still doing so like hassan dahir aways and they're clans-men in shabellaha genociding locals there.

2. Puntland not only participated in rebuilding Somalia and played a very active role, it still managed to go unscathed compared to the south even though the south has some very bad blood for this region since yusuf keenadid time

3. Puntland is the only known government in the Somali pennisula when the colonizer cames. When they went to somaliland they looked and saw old men sitting around chewing jaad butt naked. The italians saw 2 sultanates in Puntland. Hobyo and Bari and attacked it because they viewed this government owned somalia since all the other somalis in the area were butt naked and nobody needed to ask them anything.

4. Even HAG call it the hoyadi of somaliyeed says alot

Please give Puntland it's dues all somalis do even the somaliland your praising was present in the boqor funeral, this tells you alot about the greatness of North-east Region. Wa dad gob ah ha uu diidin and hadad uu diidan wa inaad ka jawabta why abdullahi yusuf got a national burial and the 33rd king of somalia did. Why is it called hoyadi somaliyeed ma dad gun ah ba waxaas loo samaya ama loo yaqana, caqliga ha shaqeyo adeer macane

I believe everyone knows Puntland did the unimaginable not only did it keep the peace in it's region and develop it from nothing but a barren wasteland to a booming metropolitan region with peace and the best education, health, business and security sectors in the nation but it helped its brothers out in the south.

Thats gobanimo

Tallaabo   

GAROODI;968302 wrote:
^^ no animosity between hag and SOMALILAND. They only wish to see united Somalia but if that doesn't happen they don't really care. For the pirates it's a matter of survival and the end of the line because landers and hag both hate them and their worst nightmare is being a minority in both states. But for hag SOMALILAND has no animosity and vice versa. Hag keep the rivers, keep the capital keep the state, keep the ministers, keep everything in Italian Somalia and permanent submission of the pirates haha. Sweet deal for hag. SOMALILAND is in hag interest their intellectuals are not anti SOMALILAND from what I see. The enemy of the somali speaking people's are those who bring Ethiopian tanks into mugdisho and Kenyans into kismayo who created this mess we are in today.

Subxaanallah. Waar no one hates anyone, it is all just mindless politics. Its good for if you should stop seeing other Somalis as your enemies because no one is your enenmy only SHAYTAAN is.