Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland oil exploration begins

Mafia   

Only the Federal government has the authority to grant exploration rights. Unfortunately, we don't have one now, but when we do all these idiocy will be curtailed in no time.

GAROODI   

^^^ two major oil companies one Norwegian the other Turkish have signed oil agreement with SOMALILAND government if your not aware allow me to educate you.

This is the news I have been waiting for the oil will be taken out. The national budget of SOMALILAND for 2016-18 inshallah a few billion dollars. Who needs recognition we have oil. The world will need me. After oil no need for recognition in my view we can use Somalia as our playing field while we continue to deal with our own affairs.

Mafia   

First, the word "Exploration" doesn't equate to abundance of oil reserves, it's merely what the word denotes= looking for oil. Hence, a debate about your 2016-2018 budget and the share of oil revenue to be included in it is really neither here nor there. Secondly, if I am not mistaken one of the the two companies you mentioned above has also signed an oil deal with Galmudug State and a bunch of other hand-to-mouth people all over Somalia. This is nothing special. Some of the so-called oil blocks that Somaliland Admin signed away actually lie within Khaatumo State of Somali (Sanaag, etc) Who consulted with these people when Somaliland signed away their land. The pirates have better chance of getting rich off the sea than Somaliland getting rich off oil deals because they steal from outsiders, not from other Somalis. Khatumo people and greater Somali-loving people will not allow their soil to be auctioned away by SNM gangs. Midaas ha hilmaamin.

^^ Mafia who said the drillings will happen in khatumo territories ,not that any one can stop the Somaliland regime but there are to Blocks that the drillings will happen which is the oodweyne block and the caynabo block. Go do some research son.