Sign in to follow this  
Classified

What do you know about Omar Mukhtar?

About the same time, during the Darwiish movement, he formed a Resistance movement to fight against the Italian colonialists. Was he inspired by the Darwiish?

Beginning in 1912, he organized and, for
nearly twenty years
, led native resistance to Italian colonization of Libya. Italian armed forces captured and hanged him in 1931.

Omar_Mukhtar_13.jpg

Saalax   

Wadani;967916 wrote:
He is well known around the Muslim world, but the Sayid is not. I wonder why.

That is because Omar Mukhtaar's long struggle was more genuine. Sayid was involved in too much inter clan fights and

raids.

Khadafi   

He was a sufi, from the sanusiya order, Geesina ayuu ayahay, janaraaalki graziaani muqdisho joogi jiray oo la dagaalamay. Ilaahay ha u naxariisto Many like him existed at his time, Abdul-Qaadir al Jazaairi al Qadari in Algeria, Imam Shamil in Chechnya.. And the most succsesfull of them al

The Mahdi of Sudan who defeated the british. It's ofcourse naturall that these men existed. They were born in a time where Islam was on the defensive (meaning the colonialists) were openly invading their lands in the name of imperialism.

And ofcourse we have the Sayid. He could have been more successful if he knew diplomacy but one thing is sure about him. The man did not like the british/italians.

I think i watched a movie about this Mukhtaar guy 15 years ago lion of the dessert not a bad movie. He was an islamic fighter the reason he fought was an Italian colonial officer came into a madrassa where he was teaching children the Qur'an and he was disrespected as the Italian colonial officer started throwing some of the holy books of islam on the Ground. I think that was the real turning point for him to wage a jihad. I believe he had less takfiri elements in his struggle unlike the mahdi of sudan ,or the mad mullah of Somaliland.

yeah. i've heard of this guy. he was really awesome.

there were a few others around as well. the mahdi from sudan. watch the film 'Khartoum'. charlies Heston plays the part of Gen. Gordon. epic stuff. the mad mullah was ok as well.

these World War one HEROES were instrumental in setting the foundations for the second wave of anti-colonialists leaders across the continent. the likes of patrice lumumba, kwame nkrumah, nasser, cigaal, adan adde were visionary but the broader politics of the day, rendered them worthless.

3rd generation leaders - in the mid to late 1990s, there was all the talk and buzzwords of 'new generation' and 'new breed' of african leaders. museveni, kagame , meles, and afewerki are now all discredited leaders.

now it's anyone's game as the likes of Ahmed 'Kibaki' Madoobe take us back to the 'dark ages'.

lol what did Madoobe do? Blame Hassan for instigating internal clan conflict.

Kenyans are foreign invaders. But the thousands of Ethiopians/Ugandans are natives lol.

Mad_Mullah;967932 wrote:
lol what did Madoobe do? Blame Hassan for instigating internal clan conflict.

Kenyans are foreign invaders. But the thousands of Ethiopians/Ugandans are natives lol.

yeah. i sort of agree. hassan 'i've just combed my hair' shiekh mohamud is just as bad. add Big SILaanyo to the list too.

they can try but they will NEVER amount to anything of substance. small mindedness and internal clan power politics is their achelis heel.

Alpha Blondy;967934 wrote:
yeah. i sort of agree. hassan 'i've just combed my hair' shiekh mohamud is just as bad. add Big SILaanyo to the list too.

they can try but they will NEVER amount to anything of substance. small mindedness and internal clan power politics is their achelis heel.

+1

They're even worse than the ****** from back then, at least back then we were colonized by the Italians (I mean look at Xamar, most of it's sights are of Italian descent) now it's Kenyans and Ethiopians.

Saalax;967917 wrote:
That is because Omar Mukhtaar's long struggle was more genuine. Sayid was involved in too much inter clan fights and

raids.

I agree, the mighty Sayyid was too preoccupied b!tchslapping the sh!t out of the Colonial British and their concubine habros in the north.

Omar Mukhtaar, was a Somali hero too.

Alpha Blondy;967934 wrote:

I approve of these statements o wise one. Heck, I even feel proud that your cranium is capable of dishing out such truths. And to be outdone, why don't you add to the list my pirate king, Mr.Faroole ...:D

Carafaat   

Meeshan kacdoon ayaa ka socda. Ciyaalkii wee keceen. The youth are revolting against their leaders.

Admin, please remove this thread before it leads to a Somali spring. :D