Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Dawladda Xasan Culusow oo markale Adhax wareentay Midnimada Soomaaliya.

Naxar Nugaaleed;967852 wrote:
What kinda negotiating team did Somalia send to Istanbul? they gave some they didn't have too, airspace control , and got nothing in return. they could've at least demanded free passage.

They agreed upon a joint committee being established whose task is to revert air-control duties back to Somalia from UN control. This joint committee, when successful, will then build their HQ in Hargaysa.

As for free passage, I personally believe it isn't that important because it only affects a few Fed officials from Somaliland who want to go back to Hargaysa for vacation. I also believe this will eventually be accepted by Somaliland in future talks, because it isn't a major issue.

Saalax   

That is the few of the things that was feasible for them to agree. Otherwise it would have been back to the UN managing it in Nairobi and Kenya eating the revenues.

cadnaan1   

Xafiiska hargeysa laga furi doono wuxuu hoos tagayaa wasaarada madax ka yahay ciilmooge xirsi ee maamusha hawada somalia.

Saalax   

^Riyo.com. On our side it will be managed by a body of Somaliland officials and it will come under Somaliland aviation minister.

^

So on your side a body of Somaliland "officials" under Somaliland aviation will take control of the air space of Somalia? Hmmmm, what you been smoking son?-because I want to take a hit.

For now Somalia is 'dead' but you never know what's gonna happen in the future. This problem of people not feeling like they're part of the country and wanting to split is very common.

Tallaabo   

Libaax-Sankataabte;967851 wrote:
Why not move every government agency to Hargeisa? I fully support it.

Waar xaalku ma halkaasuu marayaa. Xamar cadeey maxaa lagu nacay;)

GAROODI   

^^^ without SOMALILAND,Somalia wa Iska adhi ninwalba Iska racaya hense why they desperate to come to the holy land.in terms of the aviation it will be joint controlled Somalia will have a team that monitors Somalia airspace and SOMALILAND will have a team that monitors SOMALILAND airspace. Revenue from Somalia goes to Somalia and revenue from SOMALILAND goes to SOMALILAND instead of kikuyu getting out money we are prepared to have this for the time being. Every penny counts when your building a state. Being based in Hargaisa curroption of funds will not be tolerated. You take your half and I take mine. If anything happens they will get slapped back down to mugdisho.

^

Nonsense.

The revenue generated will belong to ALL of Somalia, which will later be equally shared by Somalis through statutes set by the federal parliament in Mogadishu. This aviation agency is a federal institution, and will serve the nation through legislation set by the federal parliament.

As I said previously, you can try to shun reality all you wish but at the end of the day Somaliland agreeing to a federal Somali Government agency in Hargaysa, is the first right step towards bringing the scornful habro of north back to the fold of the warm embrace of Mother Somalia.

GAROODI   

^ for the first time a Somalian government signed a document stating that it is Sharing its airspace with another government and to have a joint committee to oversee it and share revenue between the two equatibly. Saxib that's the white flag right there. It's base does not matter who controls somali airspace? Joint committee of SOMALILAND and Somalia.

You have set another presedent highlighting that you do not control somali airspace. Step by step dent after dent. If SOMALILAND is not happy we will renew UN flight ban who will it effect ???

^

Rubbish.

I will repeat for the millionth time, this Somali Federal Agency for aviation will set up shop in Hargaysa. The expenditure of the revenue collected by this agency will be determined by national law set by the federal parliament in Mogadishu. You, my friend, are attempting to grasp thin air.

This agency is the first of many other federal agencies which will be established in deferent parts of Somalia, as set for by the federal constitution of Somalia.

You keep talking your nonsense, but these facts will remain the same.

Carafaat   

Tillamook, this is not a federal agency. Its an instution based on the agreement of two sides, Somalia and Somaliland and thus an institution based on the Union between Somalia and Somaliland. Federal Instutions are the 4.5 based Parliament based in Xamar, where Ximan and Xeeb, Puntland, Jubbaland and Galmudug make part of.

These institutions and agreements between Somaliland and Somalia are based on BI-lateral agreements between TWO sides and work only on EXTERNAL affairs(air, sea, foreign policy, foreign aid, etc). All these fields are the exlcusive mandate of the central goverment and thus not issues concerning the federal states of Somalia(like internak or domestic affairs) nor the Provinces of Somaliland(Awdal, Maroodi Jeex, Togdhdeer, Sanaag, Sool, Saaxil, etc).

^

You, my friend, are incorrect.

This air-control department won't be from any other federal agency, department or ministry.

I will give you a simple example that already exists. In Puntland, the federal government has department that issues Somali passports. Now you may say Puntland manages it, but at the end of the day it is their by the auspices and legitimacy of the federal government. How is that going to be any different from the air-control being set up in Hargaysa? None, whatsoever.

I keep telling you guys, many other federal institutions will be heading to different parts of Somalia, including the north.

Carafaat   

Tillamook,

I beg to disagree saxiib. The institution that manages the passport office( The Ministry of Immigration or Immigration office) is not co-managed by a commiittee consistinf of soly Puntland and Somali Goverment officials. Its rather a sub-office of the Federal Goverment institutio. Just like the Immigration regional office in Lascanood.

You may see it as just another Somali Goverment office, but its all about the way of governance governance saxiib.

I think these talks have led to another level of governance.

1. The Union level: the two goverments of Somalia and Somaliland common instution on external issues. Governance will be based on bilateral Co-operation between Somalia and Somaliland.

2.National/Federal goverment level. See the constitutions of Somaliland and Somalia.

3.Federal level/Provincial: Jubbaland, Puntland, Ximan, Xeeb, Galmudug. Main mandate is on public services like Education, Health, Police, Water, Garbage collection. In Somaliland this happens on Provincial level: Awdal, Sool, Sanaag, Maroodi Jeex, Saaxil, Toghdeer all have their own puiblic services and governance structures.

4. The district level: local goverments have overall the same kind of mandate and working.

cadnaan1   

yaa arkay the original document ee la saxiixay waxaan halkan ku murmeynaa waa wax ay afka inooga sheegeen siyaasiyiinti shirka ka qeyb gashay, horta documentiga markaan arakno halaga doodo.