Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

Ramadan antodies

Reeyo   

Asalaam folks, the wonderful and beautiful of all months is among us. May Allah grant us it's maximum rewards. I want to share some uplifting quotes, hadiths/verses and duaas during this time so when one of us strays from our worship and daily routine to brows this dark hole we may find a little light and add goodness to our day.

I would like to invite you all to also please share.

Anything uplifting and spiritual is welcome! especially youtube vids. :)

This is not an authentic hadith but I love reading it.

Once Musa (Moses) (AS) asked Allah Taala: O Allah ! you have granted me the honour and privilege of talking to you directly, Have you given this privilege to any other person?

Allah Taala replied, O Musa during the last period I am going to send an Ummah, who will be the Ummah of Mohammed (SAW) with dry lips, parched tongues, emaciated body with eyes sunken deep into their sockets, with livers dry and stomachs suffering the pangs of hunger- will call out to me (in dua) they will be much much closer to me than you O Musa! While you speak to me there are 70000 veils between you and me but at the time of iftaar there will not be a single veil between me and the fasting Ummati of Mohammed (SAW). O Musa I have taken upon myself the responsibility that at the time of iftaar I will never refuse the dua of a fasting person!

:)

Reeyo   

Remembering God During Ramadan - The Importance of Dhikr

The Quran tells us that believers will find rest in the remembrance of God. Whenever we feel lost or down, the antidote to such negative feelings is to remember God.

“Those who believe, and whose hearts find their rest in the remembrance of God – for, verily, in the remembrance of God [men's] hearts do find their rest.”

Qurʾān 13:28

Haatu   

It is reported that on the first night of Ramadân, ‘Umar – Allâh be pleased with him – would pray Maghrib, then say (to the people):

Sit down. Then he would give a small address: Verily the fasting of this month has been made a duty upon you, and standing in night prayer has not been made a duty upon you, but those amongst you who can stand in prayer should do so, for it is from the extra good deeds about which Allâh told us: so whoever cannot stand in prayer, let him sleep on his bed.

And beware of saying: I will fast if so and so fasts and I will stand in night prayer if so and so stands in prayer. Whoever fasts or stands in night prayer, he must make this for Allâh. And you should know that you are in prayer as long as you are waiting for a prayer.

Minimize any vain or false speech in the houses of Allâh (mosques; he said this two or three times). Let none of you fast a few days before the month (in order to avoid missing the beginning of the month; he said this three times). And do not fast until you see [the crescent of the new month] unless it is overcast. If it is overcast, count [the previous month] as 30 days. Then do not break your fasts until you see the night upon the mountain (i.e. you are sure the sun has set).

‘Abd Al-Razzâq Al-San’ânî, Al-Musannaf article 7748.

Source: http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/index.php/category/ramadan/#ixzz2YrWQPx00

Reeyo   

“Verily, every action is by intention”: one of the meanings of this, is that the outward outcome of a certain action is the same as the inner state of the person. Thus, the actions of those with pure hearts will be blessed, while those without will find their actions frustrated. What does it mean to have a pure heart? It is to have our hearts directed to God alone, and for us to desire His pleasure alone. When we truly love, we love what our beloved loves as well.

As God's Mercy extends to all of His creation, the entry point of our service begins with our fellow human beings.

Where can we begin serving? What are the basics? Charity begins with your immediate environment: the things, plants, animals and people around you. As for the ecological environment, I'd say the least of charity is to remove rubbish, beginning with what is potentially harmful, as in the saying of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

Imam Ghazali (may God be pleased with him), specified three levels of helping others: not being a source of harm to others, forgiving them their faults and the third level is being of service to them.

The 1st ten days are the days of mercy-

D.O.C   

Guys, it's the month of giving and getting a mercy from the almighty. Please help the poor at least this month if you can.

Reeyo   

“We have surely sent it (the Qur'ān) down in the Night of Destiny and Power. What will enable you to perceive what the Night of Destiny and Power is? The Night of Destiny and Power is better than a thousand months! The angels and the Spirit descend in it by the permission of their Lord with His decrees in every affair – (Being) absolute mercy and security (from all misfortunes, for the servants who spend it in devotions in appreciation of its worth) (being) until the rising of the dawn.” Sura al-Qadr (97:1-5)

Reeyo   

The Prayer of the Oppressed

1. O You, whose mercy is a refuge for all those

In dire need who flee to You to lose their woes,

2. O master of reprieve, whose pardon is so near,

You answer all in need; they know that You do hear!

3. We beg for Your relief, redeemer of the weak;

You are enough for us, both humbled and so meek.

4. No strength can ever match Your awesome majesty,

No might can ever breach Your just authority.

5. The kings all bow like us to Your great sovereignty,

You choose whom to abase or raise decisively.

6. Calamities we face are only stopped by You;

It’s in Your Hands: they are dissolved within Your view.

7. For solace in these states, we turn to You alone,

Complaining that we cannot make it on our own.

8. Be merciful with us—You know our frailty.

O You whose mercy falls like rain unceasingly,

9. Please look upon us now in all our misery,Our state as souls oppressed displayed so openly:

Reeyo   

O People of Islam! Those of us who have left the principals of our religion to ape the customs of non-Muslims have met with ruin. Materialism can only feed the ego, not the spirit; and without the spirituality of Islam, there is only devastation. In this time especially, let those who believe make their hearts humble before Allah and grateful for the truth He has sent down. Let us not be like those who received the scriptures of old, but were impatient with the decree of Allah, and their hearts became hardened and corrupt.

By Shaykh Ibrahim Niasse

The last ten days of Ramadan are near make haste to increase your worship.

Sister Reeyo of Abu Hanifa Al-Ghazali Mosque,

lowers gaze,

iska waraan? so xalaadu dhag dhag maha?

inabti, maxaad talo soo jeedinaysaa maanta?

Wa bila Towfiq

Abu Alfa Al Blondee