Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Election of the most nationalist Somali lot

Carafaat   

For a long time it seemed very clear who were the real nationalist and who was not. But lately many of mine friends, who I always regarded as fellow nationalist turned out to be closeted HAG and Sahal members supporting their clan over the nation. So this leaves me wondering, who are the most Somali nationalist lot? Who are the true sons of the nation.

Lets decide this for once and all.

1. HAG folks love and cherish the Somali capital like no other. No other clan has flooded the Capital like HAG has, nowadays HAG dominate the politics of all 16 districts of Mogadishu.

2. Puntland folks are the true leaders of the nation. They delivered the most Presidents and Prime-Ministers of the nation. No other sub-clan have supplied so many leaders to the nation as Puntland did.

3. Khaatumo folks fought the most fights and battles for the country. They have fought alongside the Dervish, alongside Siad Barre, alongside Morgan, alongside Abdullahi Yusuf, alongside Dahir Riyaale, alongside Cadde Muuse,

4. Somaliland folks are the true pioneers. They were the first to sign a treaty with the colonialist, the first to migrate in large numbers to foreign countries, the first to raise the Somali flag, the first to fight in cities, the first mass refugees, the first to raise a new flag, the first to create their own land, the first to organize popular elections,

5. Maay Maay, Bandiri, Somali-Bantu and Somali-arab Coastal folks have given Somalia the best and most beautiful traditions, culture and things the nation has to offer. The best food, the best music and dances(Niiko),the beautiful clothes, the most beautiful cities(Berbera, Mogadishu, Marka, Barawe, Kismayo), the architecture, the tradition of agriculture, hard work, tolerance, nonviolence, and peaceful coexistence.

6. Awdal folks are the most educated and most peaceful Somalis. They are the most educated lot. They never fought in their cities and they have build the first University in modern days.

Carafaat;966647 wrote:

Somaliland
folks are the true pioneers.
They were the first to sign a treaty with the colonialist,
the first to migrate in large numbers to foreign countries, the first to raise the Somali flag, the first to fight in cities, the first mass refugees, the first to raise a new flag, the first to create their own land, the first to organize popular elections,

WTF :confused: Please, tell me you're not showing pride in how your forefather's bend down for the Colonials. lol

can i add the most nationalist pple you left out;

7. Ugandans: they are derided as fufus but brought back semblance of peace and order to Morgue-dishu and the south. i nominate them.

ANWAR   

HAG and Maay Maay, Bandiri, Somali-Bantu and Somali-arab Coastal people... win by land slide

Carafaat, while I commend your attempt at getting off the ground a decent conversation in here, I think you befuddled your intent.

Nationalism by definition is "a belief, creed or political ideology that involves a voluntary accepted or coercively imposed mode of identification with individual persons and a nation". Now I will explain why I believe certain folks you've listed in that poll can never be thought of as nationalistic:

1) HAG...these people are renowned for their unceasing anarchy and moryanism. And hardly their illegal occupation of the national capital will ever change that reality. To be nationalist, you must be willing to live under the law. Sadly, this community will continue to do anything and everything that can stave off the reach of law, justice and equality. This definitely disqualifies them in this poll.

2) Puntland...these people are power hungry by nature. And it's no fault of theirs, because history shows us that amongst all the Somalis, these people have always been the elites and always ruled over the others in one way or another. But the reality on the ground is that times have changed, and these folks hesitate to let their past prestige take a back seat, and maybe let others take the driver seat. So no matter how much they profess their love for mother Somalia, this simple issue disqualifies their Nationalistic claims.

3) Khaatumo...historically these people have always been stalwarts of freedom and nationalism. They have lost blood and treasure defending Somalia and its territorial integrity more than any other group. They have my vote in this poll.

4) Somaliland...(was adding these guys to the poll supposed to be a joke?) These folks, however proud of their Somali identity and culture, refuse to stand up to their politicians who for the last 20 years been driving a wedge between them and their fellow Somalis. They are cowards who are blindly lied to by corrupt politicians, who tell them that their laangaabnimo means their will never amount to anything if they shared a national government with the rest of their Somali countrymen. If anything, these people should be labelled anti-nationalists!

5)Maay Maay, Bandiri, Somali-Bantu and Somali-arab Coastal ....these people in my opinion do love Somalia and believe in what it can become. However, their easy going nature has been taken advantage of by the anarchist moryaans and their nationalistic tendencies have been unceremoniously usurped. They remain hostages to the whims of the anarchists, and their hopeless surrender disqualifies their nationalistic credentials. They won't get my vote.

6) Awdal...these guys, like the previous group, are hostages to the secessionist Qaldaans of Somaliland. And like the previous group, their nonchalant surrender disqualifies them in this poll.

In conclusion, of the groups listed in this poll, I believe the Khaatumo people are the most nationalistic. Their never ending struggle for the unity of the Somali people, their historic investment of blood and treasure in Somalia, and their everlasting vigil as sentinels guarding our country and freedom definitely qualifies them as the most nationalistic bunch in Somalia.

p.s

It's is unfair how you registered Khaatumo and Puntland as two separate groups, yet you put all of the HAG and all of the qaldaans of Somaliland together. I wonder why? Khaatumo, Puntland and Jubaland(which I've noticed you conveniently omitted) should be listed as one vote on the poll.

But then again if God makes you more numerous than the stars in the heavenly firmament, you have no choice but to suffer laangaabs trying to make you seem few for the sake of their comprehension. :D:D:D

Before people can vote, they need to agree on the definition of what "Somali Nationalist" means first.

Lets start with you Carafat, what does it mean for you.