Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Breaking news: Egypt Coup d'état, Morsy overthrown.

Recommended Posts

Wadani   

Apophis;966937 wrote:
You're an irrational hypocrite sxb, like all liberals. If 51.7% of Egyptian people voted for an Islamic party then democratic principles dictate that such a party holds mandate and should rule accordingly. They should govern the country according to their manifesto. If 51.7% of Egyptians voted for a liberal party you wouldn't be here disparaging them and supporting such party to be overthrown. This is why you, and anyone who supports this takeover, is an irrational hypocrite.

+1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apophis;966937 wrote:
You're an irrational hypocrite sxb, like all liberals. If 51.7% of Egyptian people voted for an Islamic party then democratic principles dictate that such a party holds mandate and should rule accordingly. They should govern the country according to their manifesto. If 51.7% of Egyptians voted for a liberal party you wouldn't be here disparaging them and supporting such party to be overthrown. This is why you, and anyone who supports this takeover, is an irrational hypocrite.

For once try understand rather then rent. Democracy is more then ballots. as I understand it, it entails the protection peoples rights among other things. The protest that brought Mubarak down were all about this, democracy and freedoms. The Islamic brotherhood was banned from political participation, rightfully so, because they are a religious organization. Someone dropped the ball in the euphoria that was post mubarak period. cala kuli xaal, its not undemocratic to advocate true democracy, one that is done within the parameters of democratic principles. Can a majority elect a fascist like Stalin? is it democratic, sadly no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

^ Boiled down, it appears your understanding of democracy to be: the ascent of liberalism and to hell with what actually people vote for. Classic arrogant liberal stance. The average man doesn't know what's good for him, we (liberals) do.

 

 

Democracy is respecting people's wishes, whether that wish is to have Stalin in charge or Harvey Milk. I choose to respect the ballot box, irrespective of ideology, you, on the other hand, would choose to suppress the peoples' wishes.

 

If Americans can vote for the Republican party, and presumably you have no problems with Americans voting for the said party, then Egyptians should vote for the Muslim Brotherhood. You have presented no reasonably argument to against these points; and indeed you can't, because your position is indefensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kickz   

Apophis;966937 wrote:
You're an irrational hypocrite sxb, like all liberals. If 51.7% of Egyptian people voted for an Islamic party then democratic principles dictate that such a party holds mandate and should rule accordingly. They should govern the country according to their manifesto. If 51.7% of Egyptians voted for a liberal party you wouldn't be here disparaging them and supporting such party to be overthrown. This is why you, and anyone who supports this takeover, is an irrational hypocrite.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naxar Nugaaleed;966949 wrote:
For once try understand rather then rent. Democracy is more then ballots. as I understand it, it entails the protection peoples rights among other things. The protest that brought Mubarak down were all about this, democracy and freedoms. The Islamic brotherhood was banned from political participation, rightfully so, because they are a religious organization. Someone dropped the ball in the euphoria that was post mubarak period. cala kuli xaal, its not undemocratic to advocate true democracy, one that is done within the parameters of democratic principles. Can a majority elect a fascist like Stalin? is it democratic, sadly no.

+10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

Succintly put:

 

Here are six points that strike me as indisputable about today’s events in Egypt.

 

1. Mohammed Morsi is in custody this morning, yet the only crime he has committed is being elected president of his country.

 

2. If you don't like a democratic government, you stick with it until the next election when you have a chance to throw it out. That is how democracy works.

 

3. There is no doubt this was a military coup. Attempts to claim otherwise are absurd.

 

4. Mohammed el Baradei (and the Coptic Church) have done himself great damage by backing the military intervention. Whatever form of government comes next will lack legitimacy because of the methods used today.

 

5. William Hague failure to condemn outright and wholeheartedly the military coup on the Today Programme today was a terrible mistake.

 

6. This is another democratically elected Islamist regime, like that of Algeria in 1991, which has not been given a chance. Today's events are disastrous for the relationship between the West and the Muslim world.

 

Source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apophis;966954 wrote:
^ Boiled down, it appears your understanding of democracy to be: the ascent of liberalism and to hell with what actually people vote for. Classic arrogant liberal stance.
The average man doesn't know what's good for him, we (liberals) do.

 

 

Democracy is respecting people's wishes, whether that wish is to have Stalin in charge or Harvey Milk. I choose to respect the ballot box, irrespective of ideology, you, on the other hand, would choose to suppress the peoples' wishes.

 

If Americans can vote for the Republican party, and presumably you have no problems with Americans voting for the said party, then Egyptians should vote for the Muslim Brotherhood. You have presented no reasonably argument to against these points; and indeed you can't, because your position is indefensible.

On a serious note, If you have issues with liberals, which I am proudly and don't understand why a black person or any kind of minority would be any thing else, that is a different issue then whats at hand. Further more if your understanding of Democracy is majority decision by ballot, you have a very limited understanding of this subject and should leave alone because it entails way more from the understanding of the democratic world and those protesters in tahrir square.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

Naxar Nugaaleed;966971 wrote:
On a serious note, If you have issues with liberals, which I am proudly and
I don't understand
why a black person or any kind of minority would be any thing else, that is a different issue then whats at hand. Further more if your understanding of Democracy is majority decision by ballot, you have a very limited understanding of this subject and should leave alone because it entails way more from the understanding of the democratic world and those protesters in tahrir square.

That's your problem, there's many things you don't understand but you think you do. Try to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacpher   

Democracy and the will of the people is all good except when it produces the unwanted result. It happened in Aljeeriya, Falestiin and now Misr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jacpher   

Naxar Nugaaleed;966982 wrote:
exactly lol, whats wrong people here. You can elect a dictator but its not democracy. Moran jecela. either, work is almost carry on gents

So the vast majority of Aljeeris and Falestiins and Masaari 'elected a dictator' to office through the means of democratic process. What's democracy horta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kickz   

Apophis;966972 wrote:
That's your problem, there's many things you don't understand but you think you do. Try to understand.

Jacpher;966981 wrote:
Democracy and the will of the people is all good except when it produces the unwanted result. It happened in Aljeeriya, Falestiin and now Misr.

+20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacpher;966983 wrote:
So the vast majority of Aljeeris and Falestiins and Masaari 'elected a dictator' to office through the means of democratic process. What's democracy horta?

oo inta maanta don lesku hestay so maha? According to Apophis, dictator ship can be a democracy. I presume you will be making the same argument but let me safe you some time lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this