Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Breaking news: Egypt Coup d'état, Morsy overthrown.

warsamaale;967883 wrote:
Haye, sheekada maadey miyaad bilawday sxb ? takfiri waaxid

Waryaa, stop wiggling about like a weasel...I asked a direct question: Ma gaal baad tahay?

A simple No or Yes, would suffice. Am even willing to accept a "no comment". So tell us?

kickz   

This looks like the boiling point, lets see what these crooks in power will do.

Egyptian military chief Abdel Fattahal-Sisi called for nationwide rallies on Friday to grant him a mandate
what he termed violence and terrorism following the ousting of Islamist President Mohammad Mursi.

"Next Friday, all honourable Egyptians must take to the street to give me a mandate and command to end terrorism and violence," he said in a speech on Wednesday at a military graduation ceremony.

It was an apparent reference to a series of attacks by suspected Islamist militants in the Sinai Peninsula and the violence taking place nationwide between supporters and opponents of Mursi.

...must take to the street to give me a mandate and command to end terrorism and violence.......

in other words "give me a blank cheque for islamist crack down".

I see another syria brewing.

You are all assuming that the military will stay united and follow the generals. I see a lot of bottom rank soldiers refusing to take orders to clear MB supporters from the streets. What will SiSi do then? Only chaos is ahead. I will enjoy watching this political drama on Friday like I enjoyed House of Cards. There will be no winners. Egypt will lose bad.

kickz   

puntnomads;970468 wrote:
You are all assuming that the military will stay united and follow the generals. I see a lot of bottom rank soldiers refusing to take orders to clear MB supporters from the streets. What will SiSi do then? Only chaos is ahead. I will enjoy watching this political drama on Friday like I enjoyed House of Cards. There will be no winners. Egypt will lose bad.

Question is will enough of them defect to make a difference? It'd be nice if a couple tank drivers/fighter pilots defected versus some poor infantry man walking around on foot.

MoonLight1;970428 wrote:
in other words "give me a blank cheque for islamist crack down".

I see another syria brewing.

Thats what I am afraid of.

Egyptian army gives Brotherhood ultimatum

Military official says group has 48 hours to join roadmap after army calls for rallies on Friday, Reuters reports.

Egypt's army has given the Muslim Brotherhood until Saturday afternoon to sign up to political reconciliation, a military official said, after the army issued a statement saying it might use tougher tactics against the group.

"We will not initiate any move, but will definitely react harshly against any calls for violence or black terrorism from Brotherhood leaders or their supporters. We pledge to protect peaceful protesters regardless of their affiliation," the official told the Reuters news agency, saying they had 48-hours to comply.

The army deposed President Mohamed Morsi on July 3 and installed an interim administration that has set out a roadmap for a new political transition leading to parliamentary elections in about six months.

Earlier, the army signalled it would change its strategy for dealing with "violence and terrorism" after protests it has called on Friday.

In a statement posted on a Facebook page affiliated to the army command, the military said it was ready to turn its guns on anyone involved in either.

Supporters of Egypt's deposed president and his opponents predicted blood on the streets ahead of what could be a violent day of mass protests, summoned by the Muslim Brotherhood and the army in a struggle for the country's future.

Army chief General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, who overthrew President Mohamed Morsi on July 3, has called on

Egyptians to take to the streets on Friday to show their support for action against "violence and terrorism".

Some pro-Morsi supporters are stocking up with bandages and syringes ahead of the mass rallies and those holding tent vigils fear violence and military crackdown, the Reuters news agency reported.

Prime Minister Hazem el-Beblawi, head of the interim cabinet, said there was escalating violence by increasingly well-armed protesters, citing a bomb attack on a police station.

"The presence of weapons, intimidation, fear - this causes concern, especially when there are calls for many to come out tomorrow from different sides," he told a news conference.

Meanwhile, in a recorded statement, the deposed prime minister Hesham Qandil has laid out his plan to restore order. He called for the release of all detaineed arrested since June 30 and for a delegation to visit and ensure the well-being of Morsi.

Al Jazeera's Nadim Baba, reporting from Nasr City, said that there were a large number of people camped out and that the demonstrations have been peaceful, with both sides claiming that only a minority have been involved in clashes.

The White House has urged the Egyptian army to exercise restraint and caution and has said it is concerned about rhetoric that inflames the tensions.

DoctorKenney;967872 wrote:

Stop with these Mickey Mouse arguments. They make no sense. Under Shariah, Muslims have to pay this special tax on their income called a "Zakat". Have you heard of Zakat? Do you know what it is?

Are you actually insisting that Muslims are forced to pay a tax (which is what Zakat essentially is, it's a tax) but the Christians/Jews should be exempt from paying any taxes, despite the fact that they're citizens of the State and share in the rights of responsibilities of everyone else?

How dare you call these double standards fair? I fully support the application of the Jizyah tax.

You are either ignorant of the facts or pure delusional because what is written above is absolutely false.

Zakat is effectively an act of piety, and one of the pillars of Islam. Paying Zakat fulfills one of your obligations as a practicing muslim but it certainly could not be considered a tax that a government would use in public expenditure. For Zakat has very specific and named recipients and according to the Quran there would be eight categories who would have access to Zakat funds:

The impoverished

The poor

Zakat collectors

Bribing people to either join Islam or 'sweetener' money for those newly muslims

Free tge slaves, or blood money

Pay debts for those who would not be otherwise able to

Jihad

Travellers

Now refusal to pay Zakat hasnt any specific punishment in Sharia laws, at least in this lifetime whereas refusal to pay Jizya puts you in the bad book. When I say bad books I mean if you refuse to pay Jizya your life and assets become permissible.

So Jizya and Zakat are two very different things my friend.

:)

Actually, no. Zakat is very much a tax which is paid to the Islamic State and is administered by the Caliph himself. Who are you to intentionally distort these facts when it is well documented that after the Prophet (pbuh) died, Abu Bake took over as his successor and there were various Arab tribes in the Najd area who refused to pay their Zakat (although they still believed in Islam) and Abu Bakr organized a war against them for that reason (Sahih Muslim 0029)

The same way how in the United States, people here who refuse to pay their income tax are imprisoned and in some instances have their properties seized. So Zakat is very much a tax, whilst "Sadaqah" is something optional which you can decide to give however much you want.

Either way, Non-Muslims shouldn't be surprised that they would have to pay a tax in order to live in the Islamic State, and the Jizyah tax is normally very light (under 2% of your income)

Do not come on this website, register, and then immediately decide to give arguments on subjects you know little about

Wadani   

DoctorKenney;970695 wrote:
Actually, no. Zakat is very much a tax which is paid to the Islamic State and is administered by the Caliph himself. Who are you to intentionally distort these facts when it is
well documented
that after the Prophet (pbuh) died, Abu Bake took over as his successor and there were various Arab tribes in the Najd area who refused to pay their Zakat (although they still believed in Islam) and Abu Bakr organized a war against them for that reason (Sahih Muslim 0029)

The same way how in the United States, people here who refuse to pay their income tax are imprisoned and in some instances have their properties seized. So Zakat is very much a tax, whilst "Sadaqah" is something optional which you can decide to give however much you want.

Either way, Non-Muslims shouldn't be surprised that they would have to pay a tax in order to live in the Islamic State, and the Jizyah tax is normally very light (under 2% of your income)

Do not come on this website, register, and then immediately decide to give arguments on subjects you know little about

+1000 Rageedi!

DoctorKenney;970695 wrote:
Actually, no. Zakat is very much a tax which is paid to the Islamic State and is administered by the Caliph himself. Who are you to intentionally distort these facts when it is
well documented
that after the Prophet (pbuh) died, Abu Bake took over as his successor and there were various Arab tribes in the Najd area who refused to pay their Zakat (although they still believed in Islam) and Abu Bakr organized a war against them for that reason (Sahih Muslim 0029)

You are wrong my friend. Your level of ignorance is one not to belittle, let me tell you:

There are strict beneficiaries of Zakat as listed above and in accordance to the Quran:

إِنَّمَا الصَّدَقَاتُ لِلْفُقَرَاءِ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَالْعَامِلِينَ عَلَيْهَا وَالْمُؤَلَّفَةِ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَالْغَارِمِينَ وَفِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَاِبْنِ السَّبِيلِ فَرِيضَةً مِنَ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

You pay Zakat for the sake of your own salvation and as such there is no repercussions to evading Zakat (at least in this lifetime) as Mr Mohamed Bins Saleh al Authaimeen says:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=UTqzA_jX7-MC&pg=PA298&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

Now what Mr Abubaker did was very much a political decision to keep the Califat together under his rule. Zakat is one of the five pillars of islam and as with the rest of the pillars of islam it can not be enforced on the general population. I would like to see the government force people to Salat or Hajj or to Fast even, its impossible my friend.

You are wrong yet again my friend, for I have been a member of these quarters far longer than you.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself brother!

Where did you get the 2 % rate for Jizya ? there is a minimum but not maximum limit. Zakat and Jizya are not equivalent taxes imposed on Muslims and non Muslims as you disingenuously suggest. Jizya is punitive tax designed to force conversion of non Muslims, by deliberately making their life hard and constantly reminding them of their lowly status hence the " until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued". its imposed only on people of the book, ie christians & jews, what about the rest of the religious groups ?. 1.Jizya has to be paid no matter the financial condition of the payee unlike zakat, 2. failing to pay jizya one's life and assets are forfeit. 3. tell me anywhere where taxes have these conditions ?. in summary the two are wholly different, you can only twist lies so much.

The Jizyah Tax is designed to give the Non-Muslim citizens many of the same rights and obligations as their Muslim counterparts. Only a fool could argue otherwise and sincerely expect that Non-Muslims shouldn't have to pay any tax at all, when the Zakat is a tax which every Muslim is required to pay.

Regarding your claim that it's a "punitive tax designed to make their lives difficult".

Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 475:

Narrated 'Amr bin Maimun Al-Audi:

I recommend him to abide by the rules and regulations concerning the Dhimmis (protectees) of Allah and His Apostle, to fulfill their contracts completely and fight for them and not to tax (overburden) them beyond their capabilities."

And also:

'The jizya was so light that it did not constitute a burden on them, especially when we observe that it exempted them from compulsory military service that was an obligation for their fellow citizens, the Muslims.' (Sir Thomas Arnold, Invitation to Islam, p. 77)

Furthermore, the tax is designed to compensate the Muslim State for having the obligation of fulfilling their rights as well as giving them military protection, as well as humble them. It is a tributary tax and Non-Muslim women, children, monks, hermits, as well as the poor do not have to pay the Jizyah tax. The tax is not binding on property as well as agriculture, but only binding on actual income. Whereas the Zakat Tax is binding on property, agriculture, investments, as well as income.

If the Muslims are required to pay this Zakat tax, and are required to participate in military service if the need arises, then it also makes sense that Non-Muslims be required to pay the Jizyah tax. Only an ignorant person or one who's animosity towards Islam is well-known would claim otherwise.

Do not come on this website and claim this lie that the Jizyah is to be taken regardless of the financial position of the person, when this is an outright lie. Don't come without any actual evidence.

Moderators I fully believe that this poster is either a missionary or someone who registered on this forum to attack Islam, and not here to discuss Somali issues.

This isn't a Islamic Defence forum, and if you have any claims against our religion, then I suggest you register on a forum such as Islamic Awakening, Ummah.com, or Multaqa Ahl Hadeeth. They have far more knowledge than me and far more capable of addressing the issues.

Maaddeey   

^ You are handling it perfect. wuxuu raboba ha ahaadee, si wacan ugu jawaab. Aniga malahayga waa warsamaale ood aamusisay ama mid la mid ah. haddaad iska ignore-gareysona waaba ka sii fiican, waayo, inta aad soo sheegtay & ka badanba internet'ka ayuu ka heli karaa!.

warsamaale, maxaad tusaalaha iigu soo qaadatay oon kaa bi'iyey, goormeense wada hadalnay aniga, i soo xasuusi bal?.

I know it would be better to ignore him, but the problem is.....there are many Muslims who view this forum. Many of these Muslims know very little of these Missionary tactics and are vulnerable to these arguments against Islam.

I'm well-experienced in dealing with these types of people, as I live close to 3 churches and I encounter Christians who attack Islam almost on a daily basis. I can see through their B.S. very easily, and I consider it an obligation to clear up the issues for my fellow Muslims.

I've dealt with almost every single argument against Islam throughout the years, and every new argument is the same. That's why I have to respond to it and show that Islam is a noble religion and is undoubtedly the truth.

Any Muslim who has any doubts or questions is free to message me and maybe I can help clear up any confusion insha Allah