Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Breaking news: Egypt Coup d'état, Morsy overthrown.

Apophis;966954 wrote:
^ Boiled down, it appears your understanding of democracy to be: the ascent of liberalism and to hell with what actually people vote for. Classic arrogant liberal stance.
The average man doesn't know what's good for him, we (liberals) do.

Democracy is respecting people's wishes, whether that wish is to have Stalin in charge or Harvey Milk. I choose to respect the ballot box, irrespective of ideology, you, on the other hand, would choose to suppress the peoples' wishes.

If Americans can vote for the Republican party, and presumably you have no problems with Americans voting for the said party, then Egyptians should vote for the Muslim Brotherhood. You have presented no reasonably argument to against these points; and indeed you can't, because your position is indefensible.

On a serious note, If you have issues with liberals, which I am proudly and don't understand why a black person or any kind of minority would be any thing else, that is a different issue then whats at hand. Further more if your understanding of Democracy is majority decision by ballot, you have a very limited understanding of this subject and should leave alone because it entails way more from the understanding of the democratic world and those protesters in tahrir square.

Jacpher   

Democracy and the will of the people is all good except when it produces the unwanted result. It happened in Aljeeriya, Falestiin and now Misr.

Jacpher   

Naxar Nugaaleed;966982 wrote:
exactly lol, whats wrong people here. You can elect a dictator but its not democracy. Moran jecela. either, work is almost carry on gents

So the vast majority of Aljeeris and Falestiins and Masaari 'elected a dictator' to office through the means of democratic process. What's democracy horta?

kickz   

Apophis;966972 wrote:
That's your problem, there's many things you don't understand but you think you do. Try to understand.

Jacpher;966981 wrote:
Democracy and the will of the people is all good except when it produces the unwanted result. It happened in Aljeeriya, Falestiin and now Misr.

+20

Jacpher;966983 wrote:
So the vast majority of Aljeeris and Falestiins and Masaari 'elected a dictator' to office through the means of democratic process. What's democracy horta?

oo inta maanta don lesku hestay so maha? According to Apophis, dictator ship can be a democracy. I presume you will be making the same argument but let me safe you some time lol

Maaddeey   

NGONGE;966734 wrote:
^^ Don't forget Pakistan (when Nawaz Sharif was ousted by Musharaf) or Iraq (when Nouri Al Maliki ousted the elected president). It is a democracy as long as the "right" candadite is chosen.

As for the Egyptians; well this is not limited to them (as I've shown above). In this world of social networking ANY country can be victim to what is taking place in Egypt. The UK had it witht he riots of 2011, Turkey had it recently with that park thing, etc, etc.

Crazy mobs
are not exclusive to Egypt or the Arab world.

Bax waryaa, you will never see UK and USA and the likes tasting their own medicine.

kickz;966999 wrote:
Cowards opening fire on people praying Salaat.

Naxar Nugaaleed wrote:
As for all this bs about secularist, there is a simple difference between a secularist and those for theocracies: one will die so that you may exercise your rights and other will kill you for doing

This video sums it all up,now let me ask you people who is killing and who is dying???

according to Mr Naxar this is democracy at its best. Inaalilahi wainaa ileyhi raajicuun. Wallee Masar wadadii Suuriya bey cagta saartay.

peasant   

Naxar Nugaaleed;966949 wrote:
he Islamic brotherhood was banned from political participation, rightfully so, because they are a religious organization. Someone dropped the ball in the euphoria that was post mubarak period. cala kuli xaal, its not undemocratic to advocate true democracy, one that is done within the parameters of democratic principles. Can a majority elect a fascist like Stalin? is it democratic, sadly no.

umm.. no. The muslim Brotherhood was never banned because they were religious group but rather they were deemed threat by their political opponents. Mubarak certainly couldnt held onto power that long if he legitimized the Brotherhood. Also there is nothing wrong if a political party derive some of their policies from religion unless of course you have something against political islam in particular.

The Brotherhood are not violent group, they and their sister organizations throughout the muslim world are known to promote social justice, empowerment of people through education and commerce.

Carafaat   

Mintid Farayar;966607 wrote:
Carafaat,

For the past week, the feeling among anti-Morsi protesters has been that the U.S. and Obama, personally, support Mursi and the Muslim Brotherhood. There were countless posters all over Cairo saying "Obama, stop supporting the MB". The current U.S. Ambassador, Patterson, has been attacked in the mainstream Egyptian secular media as supporting the MB.

This is a misunderstanding on the part of the Egyptian anti-MB elements. The U.S. administration has concerns regarding the precedent of coups being mounted on each successive elected leader after each sizeable demonstration on the streets. That's not democracy.... That's mob justice. Having said that, there is also the understanding that a large portion of Mursi's problems were self-inflected by his paranoid, somewhat authoritarian actions while in office for that one year.

So I don't know what gave you the impression that this is a U.S.-supported coup.

While not in Egypt itself, I'm currently in the region. The overwhelming majority of Egyptians I've asked in the past 3 days are ardently anti-Mursi and support the military mounting a coup(they range in backrounds from waiters to professionals, all of them Muslim). I've debated with them the merits of letting democratic processes take their course and allowing Mursi to serve out his term, after which he can easily be voted out of office. But they didn't care for that argument and wished for an immediate removal by any means. That's the current sentiment. You can see in the television footage how much larger the anti-Mursi crowds are compared to the pro-Mursi ones.

Mob justice.....

Saxiib,

I am sure that there are many folks and certain cities and regions who oppose the elected leader of Egypt. And as every story has two sides. Your version was being aired on CNN. The other version couldnt be aired due to the censorship of Al jazeera and numerous other channels.

Regarding the US support for the Egyptian military, 1.5 billion us dollar of annual military aid gave me the idea.

African Union not accepting the new government? I think they're afraid that the army will try similar stuff in their respective countries.