Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Breaking news: Egypt Coup d'état, Morsy overthrown.

Is there a real opposition party that can take on MB if elections were held tomorrow? The answer is no. So what will happen if the MB come back again. They say there were 9000 protests since MB came to the power....

ElPunto;966572 wrote:
^Good question. Sorta reminds me of Iran's Mossadegh - ppl whipped up and manipulated to overthrow someone they just elected overwhelmingly 1 year ago. It doesn't matter tho - MB will be contesting the elections anyway. The military can't do away with that.

Marksman - it doesn't work like that. You wait for elections to voice your desire for change. But I blame the military for this. All the violent protests racking Greece, Spain etc didn't lead to a military coup masquerading as supporting the people's desires.

This is a repeat of history, those who sing democracy and freedom turned ugly haters once that democracy brought an islamist, similar things happened in Algeria when FIS won the elections in 1992, it happened again in Palestine in 2007 when Hamas won the popular vote, also against Erbekans government in the 90s in Turkey, and now they are talking about Tunisia becoming the next. This is a dangerous move for Egypt, the ppl of Egypt voted 4 times during the last two years (the upper parliament elections, the senators house elections, the constitution referendum and the presidential elections) all these elections were observed by the IC and were free and fair and they resulted in favor of the MB, but the geo-politics of the region did not like a MB led government to stay .

In the biggiest political protest, the beating heart of the Arab world has spoken: no to dictatorships, no to pseudo democratic theocracy. The choice should not be between dictatorship or the other kind of dictatorship, theocracy. What Egypt needs is not leaders busy issuing head scarf fatwas but job creation policies.

Gheelle.T;966580 wrote:
Not sure about civil war, but what is clear is that the infant democracy has been undermined.

The Middle Class is the force that drives Revolutions. Once Military defections begin, brace for the ignition of a Civil War. lol

Supporters of Egypt's Military welcoming the Coup. lol

Tallaabo   

What a joke!! It seems the Arabs can only tolerate dictatorship and monarchy. Democracy is indeed alien to them:eek:

Jacpher   

The military knew that 48 hours deadline wasn't enough and Morsi was to fail. They certainly chose their side. Now all eyes on the next move of the brotherhood. Something is telling me this military coup isn't going to be the last one.

i know warsamaale is gaal iska doon doon, but i didnt know the naxar dude was wannabe gaal as well...pseudo democratic theocracy ku lahaa...

Carafaat   

The hypocrisy of the US/West has no limits. When the democratic elected leader of a country isn't to their liking they support a coupe d'etat. And the Egyptian people fell into the trap. They first demonstrate for democracy and elections and less then a year later some of them protest the same democratic elected leader they choose, giving the US backed military a window of opportunity. This will lead only lead to more polarization and more dissatisfaction with their systems, institutions and decay of their cohesive society.

I wonder if there are some lessons to be learned from this recent example in Egypt?

Maraxiintaan inteey isleeyihiin ninkaan kuxumeeya, amaaba mid ka sii xun Kursiga qabsadaa? The military is probably worse than Morsi. O'well, it's their country. :)

ANWAR   

ElPunto;966563 wrote:
^Ain't no jobs - what else to do but work your frustrations out with a good ol protest.

Early elections in 1 year - and what if the MB comes back strong again? Will the military take over again?

Waar I agree, Egyptians dont know how the democratic process works

i doubt any one could be than Morsi, the threat of the islamists was keeping the economy and esp the tourism sector depressed. things will improve if there is no violence.