Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Khat to be banned in UK

underdog   

Tallaabo;966364 wrote:
Indeed it is as easy as that. If not being in a marfash chewing poison, what other excuse will a man have for not being with his family?

Did it occur to you that the man didn't want to be with the family in the first place? Its too simplistic to blame dysfunction on khat. I predict a significant rise in the divorce rate as a result of this.

Being at the marfish or in a constant state of qaadiro may have been the only thing keeping this man around. When the fog lifts of these minds interesting things will happen.

Tallaabo   

underdog;966395 wrote:
Did it occur to you that the man didn't want to be with the family in the first place? Its too simplistic to blame dysfunction on khat. I predict a significant rise in the divorce rate as a result of this.

Being at the marfish or in a constant state of qaadiro may have been the only thing keeping this man around. When the fog lifts of these minds interesting things will happen.

That is also a very possible scenario. Insha Allah we will see how the situation unfolds.

Juxa   

There will be no rise of legal divorces, Somali marriage registered maba ahan to begin with so no way to verify it

Odey   

Apophis;966345 wrote:
This idiotic woman just turned a law abiding and tax paying community into criminals thanks to, no doubt, the head in the sand "ban it all" brigade, going even against the scientific advice that the plant caused little "harm". But the big blame lies with the inept Kenyan government who appear to have been caught sleeping on the job and will now lose a sizeable chunk of change.

I hope coffee is banned next, its mild high has caused endless damage to society and is really no different to khat:

Khat consumption induces mild euphoria and excitement, similar to that conferred by strong

Dude, you never told us you traded in khat!, war dee odeygii apophos ahaa jeebka ayaa lagala dagaalamay! Lol

Tallaabo   

Juxa;966402 wrote:
There will be no rise of legal divorces, Somali marriage registered maba ahan to begin with so no way to verify it

Of course we will verify it when we hear a lot more gossip of hebel baa heblaayo furay, ama heblaayo ayaa hebel bacda madaw u tuurtay;)

Tallaabo   

Apophis;966416 wrote:
I wish! A friend of mine from way back (primary school) made a killing shipping the stuff to Somalia. The dude is rich now, changing Benzs every year.

That is the equivalent of a Mexican narcotics baron.

underdog   

I missed an opportunity to come down to London this summer. Tsk tsk tsk....Looks like my next vacation will be to Nairobi.

underdog;966435 wrote:
I missed an opportunity to come down to London this summer. Tsk tsk tsk....Looks like my next vacation will be to Nairobi.

LOOOOL@Unders,

i'm very sorry to hear that, ma garatay? :cool: