Sign in to follow this  
Oz

Champions League 09/10

N.O.R.F   

Inter tactics were spot on. Do you remember one cross from the wings? They shut them Russians down.

Ngonge, Lucio actually had a poor game and had to be rescued a few time. Best player was Schnider closely followed by Motta and Cambiaso (who keeps proving me wrong everytime I watch him).

Hope its Arsenal next for Inter.

Abtigiis   

The coach can say stop crosses to his full backs. And most do so. But if Maicon is turned upside down by malouda, the cross will come anyway. My point is, in today's game, it is the players who make the biggest difference. If we are talking about a coach who tells his team to sit back and defend, now that is an issue.

Coachs decisions can have an impact if they field the wrong player, if they instruct a team to sit back and defend when the team have the potential to go forward, if they do not prepare a plan for the game and tell the players how to dictate the tempo of the match. Other basic things such as pack the midfield, stop crosses, etc etc only work out depending on the performance of the player on that particular day.

On a separte note, a year ago I was rediculed for saying Malouda is a good player. Do people still think he is useless. Ngonge, over to you.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

Hope its Arsenal next for Inter.

Suspicion is growing. You really are an Arsenal supporter :D

Oz   

I do think alot of question marks should be raised about Ancelloti. Felt like Avram Grant all over again to me, he just stood their utterly lifeless throughout the game, no effort to cajole/persuade the players and try and give them that extra push that could've been the difference in a really tight game.

I know its always harsh on a manager to compare him to Jose, but that day you saw the special one constantly barking instructions to his players, who seemed completely fired up and ready to put their bodies on the line for him. With every opportunity he was ordering players to the touchline, relaying tactical shifts and alterations, and for me he proved he really is a class above, masterminding a really impressive inter victory.

Ancellotti looked short of ideas in my opinion, he didn't even react to the Drogba red card and he just seemed to be feebly turning to Wilkins throughout the game. Ancellotti has always struck me as a lucky gaffer, istanbul aside, and the one trophy that he seemed to have an affiliation with alluded him yesterday,partly down to some inept managing from him and a dab of Mourinho magic. :D

If Abramaovich was watching this clash, he should be feeling sick not only with the defeat and another year without the one trophy his money cant buy him, but with the fact yesterday rammed home how truly awful a decision it was to allow the special one to leave Stamford bridge. redface.gif

Honestly...

Oz   

.....oh and I do strongly think Barcelona are absolute top favorites now to win the CL for me.They made Stuttgart look like a "Mickey Mouse" team, which they aren't really and didn't even play at their best it seemed. I tip them to be the first team to win the CL twice in a row.

Abtigiis   

I am starting to think to add Oz to Tuujiye's list. Waa maxay guusha unbuu sharxaayey. Waryaa Ancelloti's style is different than Mourinho. Capello is different than Guardiola. That a coach shouted doesn't mean he has lots of ideas. That he didn't doesn't mean he is running out of it.

Oz   

War.. I know they are different when it comes to coaching, but that was not what I said:

I know its always harsh on a manager to compare him to Jose, but that day you saw the special one constantly barking instructions to his players, who seemed completely fired up and ready to put their bodies on the line for him. With every opportunity he was ordering players to the touchline, relaying tactical shifts and alterations, and for me he proved he really is a class above, masterminding a really impressive inter victory.

On the line one showed he really wanted it so bad, while the other stood there with his sad face.

AT&T, lately you've been telling everyone how bad there analysis are, I still don't understand your agenda. Lets discuss, gimme something concrete rather than a list. :D

Firstly, what team do you support in the PL? I have a problem with people who are neutral.

Abtigiis   

I would say I hate Manchester firstly. Secondly, I will like Arsenal to win the cup. If that is not possible, I will take Chelsea over Man U. But Liverpool and Arsenal are my teams in England.

My loyalty also shifts depending who plays for who. I may desert Arsenal if Christiano Ronaldo joins it. You see, nowadays, you like players or coachs more than brand names of teams.

At the national level, I support Brazil. I don't like England.

Why I didn't like your analysis is because it lacks originality. Someone wins, and you become oblivious to their weaknesses. Next time, Barca plays and losses, you will say they are rubbish. Football doesn't work like that. An average team can beat a big team on any given day. That dosn't mean that team will repeat it. Chelsea may beat Inter today if they play again with the same tactics. The element of luck is always there.

Oz   

What I wanted from Ancelloti was what most coaches do on the line, They persuade/motivate the players,change tactics or change the line up if necessary etc.. Am not saying that he should be replaced but he didn't do much when the game was on.

PS: I admire your optimism there mate but to be honest I think there is no point in having a discussion with you if you are supporting two teams,its hard living in the shadow. :D

nuune   

^^ No wonder you are a flip-flop Mr AT&T, illeen all this time you were a fan of Shefield Wednesday.

but I do welcome your admiration for Liverpool.

OZ, ma ku wareertay xaaji AT&T :D

Oz   

LOL nuune, The good thing is everyone knows who AT&T. :D

Tell me about ManYoo vs Lpool this weekend.

nuune   

Oz, for Lpool, it is a win at all cost, beating United will also help you guys, and possibly Arsenal to some extent, but the job will be done if not a draw, draw ain't enough for Lpool, a must win game it has to be.

It would be a big game, and we can say the game would be a deciding factor whether United will lift the trophy or not.

Oz   

That's why am gonna give you my full support this weekend. Think this will be the first time I've wanted 'Pool to win a game. :D

Come On Liverpool , you can do it

Abtigiis   

I have no problem with OZ. The real issue is why am I even bothering to comment in a section that has Nuune as a moderator? His speciality is flying planes, and unless someone thought that he will see all of the action and spectators movements from atop, at the evidence of his football knoweldge it is hard to see why he should be allowed to talk about football. :D His aerial view could still be useful in providing vital information to prevent crowd disturbances, but it is difficult for him to tell who was tackled and who missed a header from that distance. :D