Sign in to follow this  
Oz

Champions League 09/10

Kulmiye   

Karl, saxib American football is just a local sport- soccer on the other hand- waa global therefore we should have an access to every game- I mean you guys are the watching championships and here i am waiting for someone to posted on YouTube. {which wont be until tomorrow}

Oz   

My thoughts:

Jose just hit the nail on the head! when asked whether his tactics were superior: "Everything was superior, the attitudes on the pitch, everything" :D

One of the key reasons we lost was the physical game we didn't have it going for us, we were up against professional actor Motta and a defense of big experienced players like Lucio and Samuel.

Zhirkov, first 15 minutes thought he was either going to get sent off eventually or make a fatal mistake but made some great tackles/blocks so am pleased.

Sneijder, quality player! £13M looks like a steal now and shocked no PL teams were in for him.

Mourinho, greatest respect to see the way he dealt with this fixture. Great tactics to keep Drogba and Lampard quiet (not so good for us) really kills our game when they're kept quiet, and the only threat we had that was coming from Malouda he stopped it at the start of second half.

Ancelotti should know diamond doesn't suit Chelsea! We don't have a player like Kaka at the tip of it and it just means Lampard does less for the team. Have to play the best formation for the players you have got. He just stood their like a zombie when eto scored. :D

Verdict, Inter were the better team over the two legs even with our PK shouts. Rather go out like this than last year when we were robbed of 4 PKs just to have a heart breaking 90th minute goal scored against us. Have to go all out for the domestic double now! Knew this was awful fixture to get!

Summer need to invest! Aguero, Balotelli, Mata/Silva and Rodwell are all players we are capable of getting and could drastically change the look of our team and average age.

When will a champions league campaign not end badly for Drogba? :D

Oz   

^^Don't feel all sorry for me,I didn't bet on the odds. nuune there you go, you always been waiting for this moment come out and rant how chelski are money laundering team :D

Abtigiis   

Oz, I don't credit Mourinho for anything. Any of the last-ditch blocks by Samuel or Motta could have gone in, and you would have been talking about how Morinho is useless.

The fact is at this level, the performance of the individual players on the day matters more than the tactics of the coach. The two teams can play next week with the same tactics, and Inter could get a beating!

Football is like that!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

If only Chelski had Lucas.

True. They would have won this game with Lucas in their team. I MEAN IT. :D

Jose had his tactics spot on. Don't mind A&T's "any shot would have gone in" nonsense. The fact remains that no shots went in and, worse still, TWO shots would have needed to go in after Inter scored. Chelsea just could not break them down. Which, also goes to show Norf how good Lucio is/was. :D

How Portsmouth were wishing Lucas in the Liverpool team on Monday.

Chelsea were too negative simple as that and taking Balaq and Zhirkov off did it for them.

NGONGE   

^^ Even if he were, Liverpool would have still won. But since it was only Portsmouth there really was no need for Lucas there.

Chelsea were too negative? Did you watch the same game, saaxib? :D

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Oz, I don't credit Mourinho for anything. Any of the last-ditch blocks by Samuel or Motta could have gone in, and you would have been talking about how Morinho is useless.

The fact is at this level, the performance of the individual players on the day matters more than the tactics of the coach. The two teams can play next week with the same tactics, and Inter could get a beating!

Football is like that!

Football is not like that. Look at the how Arsenal played Inter and compared to Arsene wengers tactics. Arsenal left great holes in the middle and they did not have enough men to cover once chelsea launched a counter attack. That's why Drogba scored two goals against Arsenal and zero against Inter over two legs. Mourinho cleverly got his players to man mark Drogba out of the game, pile the midfield with good passers and limit Chelseas width. There were moments in the game where Cambiasso was thinking about attacking with the rest of the Inter mid/cf, But Mourinho kept telling him to stay put because he knew Chelsea good. I call that good tactics, nostradamasow.

nuune   

Oz :D indeed you guys were exposed, and of course the likes of Drogba and Lambard were handled very well, aawey saaxiibkaa Tuujiska, caguhuu wax ka dayey(he is obsessed with Drogba, he had funny names for him, like killer, abuser, destroyer, smasher), all that xalayto waxaa laga dhigey hal bacaad lagu lisey.

The only guy who did try to play and defend well was Terry though he made many mistakes at the back, but still he was not emotional like Drogba who worships Mourinho at all costs, I am sure if Drogba were to score last night he would have run towards Mourinho and give him a hug!

I even expect Drogba to move to Inter, rumours already started about his future.

Tactics do work, if two teams are equal in performance, even in physical terms, then the only thing to employ is a tactic, and as many people said before me, Mourinho got it right, he was the master last night, and Anceloti lost it, he simply didn't had any substance to add to the game, some say at half time he didn't say a single word to his players while Terry was telling Drogba to do his job as he does with smaller teams in the Premeirship.

Polanyi   

Firstly, Sheikh Nuune, ASWRB sare.

wlc back.

secondly,Ancelloti is even admitting what AT is denying here:

"Ancelotti reluctantly agreed with Mourinho’s analysis and conceded that his players performed below their best. “We were never fully in control during the game,” the Chelsea manager said. “Inter put us under a lot of pressure, won the ball a lot in midfield and were dangerous on the break.

“I think that Inter played a very good game. They put strong pressure on our midfielders and we were not able to play how we wanted. I think that Inter deserved to win this game. This is the reality. We have to stay focused now on the other competitions, but I think that we could have played better than this.”

nuune   

Thanks Karl Polanyi, oo magacyadan tirada badan xageed ka soo aruursatey, and wlcme back to you too bro, duurkaad iska gashey.

Don't mind AT&T, he would say it was Rafa who said that :D

That Anceloti got his tactics wrong is evident in what he said:

and we were not able to play how we wanted

No one is denying Anceloti is great manager, laakin xalayto wey ka toroqdey, markan oo kale waxaan dhihi jirney dhiilkaa ku gubtey.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

secondly,Ancelloti is even admitting what AT is denying here:

"Ancelotti reluctantly agreed with Mourinho’s analysis and conceded that his players performed below their best.

Is this an endorsemnt of my point or a contradiction. I am saying the players did not play well for chelsea last night. Inter did nothing out of the ordinary. The same game could have ended 2-0 for Chelsea.

Dadka result markay arkaan analysis aan jirin u kaca ayaan ka yaabaa. If Inter lost, we would have said maicon was not allowed to go forward, Malouda was allowed space blah blah.

Chelsea played exactly the way they play with big teams. No one expected them to squeeze Inter into their box as if Inter is Coventry city.

In football, tactics only work when players perform on the day. If the tactics are right, but the player is not doing well for the day, Cambiasso staying in the middle won't make a diffence.