Sign in to follow this  
Oz

Champions League 09/10

Tuujiye   

^^^ loool I hope so saaxiib..I want Ivory coast to win that group anyways.. But I really think in aad too soon hadashay saaxiib lool again!! lol

wax Liverpool maaliyad xiran in ee world cup ka qeeb qataan maba aha!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

Tuujiye,

Did it ever occur to you that Ivory Coast will finish most of the games with ten men and will give away at least two penalties?

Xageed kubada ku daawataa Tuujiye, anigu yaabaye. Mise sida Ngonge ayaa adigoo mirqaansan daawataa!!! At least Ngonge has improved since he stopped shiisha and the blinding smoke is cleared off his view.

Oz   

Hats off to Arsenal on a fine display, most notably Nasri , if Fabregas does leave the club in the summer, promote Nasri to that position and you really will see him emerge as a player, with Fabregas in the same team as him and Nasri being forced into more of a wide role, it does limit his effectiveness, though tonight in the playmaker role like he played at Marseille as a youngster he showed us all what he could do.

As good as Arsenal were tonight though,Porto were really poor, the only chance Ferreira has of keeping his job there now is if he wins both domestic cups. Even that might not be enough, defensively Porto were poor and against any decent side, they will destroy you if you aren't strong defensively.

Hard Luck Fiorentina. They did well in the circumstances and would have made it through if it was not for that ridiculous goal in the first leg.

As for Bayern Ribery and Robben will be a handful for most teams but from what i've seen of players like Butt and Van Buyten i'd be suprised to see them make it to the semis.

PS: this score will surely make BOB come out of his retirement somewhere in kisima-ya-juu and write something on SOL :D

N.O.R.F   

Well done gunners. Didnt see the game but will catch the highlights later IA.

Will Dhino do his magic tonight. Hope A&T tunes in.

Polanyi   

Milan played three static dinosaurs in the middle of the park and three snails up front. How can you win a game when three of your strikers don't put pressure on the opposing them or even attempt to run back once? Last night was the end of an are for the Milan. Well done to rooney, the greatest english player ever.

Oz   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^ Get ready for Arsenal dominance for the next two seasons - both Europe and EPL

Cheers

PS:
You have to love this
icon_razz.gif

Loz, Dominance? yeah I know as of the past 5 seasons it's been close but not so close. the lads are still getting experience. ;)

Why are Arsenal fans so quick to jump on the over excited bandwagon? They don't see that every time they do this it ends pretty soon after. :D

Abtigiis   

I agree with Oz. I don't count on Arsenal dominance in the coming years. But, this year, I think they should win something. They are the most entertaining team in the world. Mind you, entertainment is not to be equated with achievement.

Oz   

^^How was Real Madrid the billion pound team?

For me what I witnessed was excellent stuff from Les Gones, well done Lyon!

Totally deserved too on their second half performance, they got the rub of the green in the first half when Higuain hit the post, but the good teams make the most out of a bit of luck and that is exactly what Lyon did.

As for Florentino Perez Club, the wait goes on, no doubt the solution will be sack the coach in the summer, as it usually turns out at the Bernabeu, when giving a good coach like Pelligrini more time is what they should do.

Fair play to Lyon, a club who the president Aulas has built up superbly, spend money the right way on good, hungry players like Cissokho, Pjanic etc, they are the opposite to the circus at Real Madrid which once again will have to sit and watch someone else host the biggest prize in European Football.

The biggest JOKE; to think AC Milan didnt sign Cissokho this summer because of a problem with his teeth, what a prat Galliani is, on yesterday's evidence Milan need better fullbacks and they spurned the chance in the summer to get one. :D

Abtigiis   

Saaxib OZ, this is the time when i really get pissed off. Lyon beat RM last night, yes! but they are not in the same pedigree as time will prove. They could have lost the game in the first half. consider this as an upset and let us not shower praises on otherwise mediocre players like the one's you named, who had a good night last night, but nonetheless remain below the level of the players in Real like Ronalado, Kaka, Ramos etc.

You need to see what Lyon does next to say they are a big force. Yet, i still think they are a good team.

Oz   

The problem at madrid is that they expect too much too soon, their answer to everything is 2 things;

1. New manager

2. Spend more money

forgetting it's a team game and people need time to play/know each other etc, they are to busy building a squad of superstars they forget to mould it into a team, absolute joke of a club.

Apart from all of that, they're too concerned about image and appearances. Look at how they treated Del Bosque, a man who won 2 league titles and 2 European Cups in 4 years, because he didn't fit the profile of a 'Real Madrid manager'. Makelele was discarded because his style of play was too prosaic. Ronaldinho was supposedly bypassed in favour of Beckham because the Brazilian was 'too ugly'. Capello was dumped after winning the title. Marca and valdano (RM directors)have been on Pelligrini's case right from the off. (Milan game)

With all the money they have (or don't have as the case may be) and the prestige of the Real Madrid name, imagine if they made their decisions based on sound footballing logic rather than marketing concerns. They'd be unstoppable. As it is, they're still quite successful, but they never develop any continuity and have to spend a fortune to build a new side every few years.

Tuujiye   

Lyon beat RM last night, yes! but they are not in the same pedigree as time will prove. They could have lost the game in the first half. consider this as an upset and let us not shower praises on otherwise mediocre players like the one's you named, who had a good night last night, but nonetheless remain below the level of the players in Real like Ronalado, Kaka, Ramos etc.

A& T war ninyahoo maad naga deysid kala hadalkaan!!!! here you was saying is about results and not talent and now you telling me that Lyon beat Madrid because of luck? saaxiib I watched the game and other that missed chance by the Argentine, Lyon played very well in the second half and almost won the game if they didn't miss the open net... Lyon was the better team at the end because they won and got the results loool isn't that what you believe? no?

I think Ac Milan should sell to Pirlo to Chelsea lol and the rest to other teams lool... That team needs to start fresh with young players..Man U mad them look so old lol....

Drogba better come to play against Inter now that he is the African player of the year..

OZ lool you know Arsenal fans very well...i'm glad you see it too..too much alalaas with that team..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujka iyo Oz, bal u kaadsha hal mar, waad iska hadlaysaan.

Let me get few things out of the way. For the last three seasons...we have not claimed or said this is our year or blah blah. We have heard Arsene giving excuses like we are a young team, maturing, inexperience etc but that talk is done now. You can't say that they are inexperience or maturing in this year (in footballing terms they have matured – they’ve played or about to play CL Semis and some of them will play in the world cup), yes the team is young (when you consider the likes of Fab, Samir, Abou, Song, Vermalean - they are in between 21 - 24) yes the team is improving year on year and that is where Arsenal is fundamentally in a better position than teams like Chelsea. Chelsea are aging team period! Ballack (33yrs) is done, Drogba will slowdown (32yrs), Lampard (31yrs) is in the same category. whilst most of the Chelsea players are nearing retirement or slowing down in pace, Arsenal players are getting wisdom in the pitch and becoming complete players.

Arsene’s strategy was to build a team from the ground and he made a lot of mistakes no doubt (his handling of the players who left i.e helb and flamini) and he seems he is correcting them by his own way for example he extended the contract of all his best players early in the season rather than do what the media and pundits tell him – buy this and buy that, oh you need this kinda of player and so on. In the process of all this he has frustrated Arsenal fans the most, as fans We all wanted to win a title and win it right now! I have the sneaky suspicion that Arsene knew he won't win anything durin this rebuilding. On top of that he board of directors and him agreed and made the decision to see thru his strategy knowing that it will cost us trophies! His strategy was to keep pace with Chelsea and ManU during the development years because he believed if the gap is too wide then that would mount a huge risk for his youth policy and jeopardise his long term plans. During these last years he bought very few players as if he is filling a jigsaw, planning them one at the time – Arshavin, Vermalean, Sagna to name few.

He knows he needs couple of signings this summer and the team is then complete and with that I say be ready for Arsenal dominance!

Chelsea will not be a threat next year, I say they will probably finish 4th. I see the return of Arsenal vs. ManU in the next two seasons and possibly Man City.

Liverpool can come back to the mix if they get rid of Rafa (and of course Lucas – just to annoy Ngonge). Am not saying Rafa is not a good manager but he has lost his players and he can’t motivate them anymore! He is done! – The players know it and management know it, they are possibly moving things behind the scenes.

Don’t say Legend didn’t tell us. Be warned

Cheers