Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Top 5 controversial subjects with in the Somali Community

1Somalis dating Marrying Ajanabis frenjis

2Salafism versus Sufisim

3Arabism versus Africanism

4Somaliland versus Somalia

5The identity of imam Ahmed ibrahim al Ghazi

Marrying a non-Somali is no problem as long as they are lighter skinned than the Somalis. So Palestinian/Turk = OK. Nigerian = NOT. Filipino = 50/50.

Salafism vs Sufism is NOT a controversial subject. Salafism is part of Sunnah but Sufism isn't. Unless you think the Prophet pbuh used to dance at graves.

I think the only real controversial topic is 3.

I am not sure what kind kind of Somali you are but the Somalis i know do not like mix with non Somalis whether they are white or black it dont matter. Salafism is very wide category you have neosalafist and thats a strict group and u have jihadi salafists. .I think the sufis are misunderstood even though i believe there is allot of Jahiliya with in the Sufi community. Nonetheless Sufist spread islam in many parts of the world. Number 3 issue is also very controversial and i seen Somalis debate on that i always say with the Arabs we share a religion and with the Africans we share a skin color and continent and to some extend culture Africa is home.

Xaaji Xunjuf;965854 wrote:

4Somaliland versus Somalia

You seem you are the only person really obsessed with this issue, with the thousand posts you made in your short time here on SoL. I don't really think anyone else here in these boards care about it as much as you do.

^^ Ooh the Somaliland Somalia issue is a famous subject on SOL had millions of topics about this issue, actually i have talked more about other affairs than Somaliland. You should also check out twitter and youtube. And you will see how Somalis are divided and concerned about this issue. Maybe you do not care nin yabaan, because lama yabaanid Laakin its a controversial issue with in the Somali community. I post mostly news thats why i have so many posts:D

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;965874 wrote:
Marrying a non-Somali is no problem as long as they are lighter skinned than the Somalis. So Palestinian/Turk = OK. Nigerian = NOT. Filipino = 50/50.

Ur around some strange Somalis. Among true Somalis ajanabi is ajanabi.

Haatu   

Xaaji, we all know he's Somali. What we should debating is which sub-clan of cagadheer is he :D :D

The Cagadheers were not that involved in the Conquest against the Abyssinians but Garaad wiilwaals people were part of the conquest in huge numbers and other small clans. But Somalis believe the imam is a Somali, but if he was a Somali we would've known his clan either he belongs to one of the clans that became extinct or he was an Arab who grew up in the midst of the northern Somalis at that time.

Wadani;965913 wrote:
Ur around some strange Somalis. Among true Somalis ajanabi is ajanabi.

Maybe I'm with the more intellectual educated Somalis and not the ones that used to live in the bushes in Hiiraan.

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;965921 wrote:
Maybe I'm with the more intellectual educated Somalis and not the ones that used to live in the bushes in Hiiraan.

Yes being colour struck is very intellectual of them indeed.