Che -Guevara

July 1st Happy Somali Independence Day

Saalax   

aero;965834 wrote:
and British Somaliland united with their southern brethren
:D

There is nothing to celebrate about that, the unity is dead. :D

Unfortunately yes, but thank God the Union no longer exist lets keep it with the independence of Somalia. Which is a good thing to celebrate for the people of Somalia.

nec32a.jpg

aero   

Saalax;965838 wrote:
There is nothing to celebrate about that, the unity is dead.

You have every reason to celebrate considering your people made the effort to consider unity over sovereignty in 1960 :D.

Must I remind you:

"Kowdii luulyo, laba midoowdey"

Xaaji Xunjuf;965841 wrote:
Unfortunately yes, but thank God the Union no longer exist lets keep it with the independence of Somalia. Which is a good thing to celebrate for the people of Somalia.

Lets accept the facts here. I neither see your fairy tale of a sovereign state on the map nor have the backing of any nation so therefore the great ole union does exist. You're more than welcome to see it as a dark day...your loss..but i'd recommended for your health and sanity to let it out and celebrate. We are one after all :D.

AND QUIT RAINING DOWN ON OUR PARADE.

Maps and bureaucrats in new york do not define if there is a union Somalia and Somaliland do. In my opinion and millions others the union was killed dragged on the streets of Burco and eventually killed and buried on 18 may in 1991. Its just a dark day for Somalilanders that doesn't make me sad lol. I am still happy for Somalia when they got their dignity and independence back from Italy. So i am very happy for Somalia. But you are welcome to delude your self that there is a union:D ka qasi mayo i xaflade

GAROODI   

aero;965849 wrote:
You have every reason to celebrate considering your people made the effort to consider unity over sovereignty in 1960

Must I remind you:

"Kowdii luulyo, laba midoowdey"

Lets accept the facts here. I neither see your fairy tale of a sovereign state on the map nor have the backing of any nation so therefore the great ole union does exist. You're more than welcome to see it as a dark day...your loss..but i'd recommended for your health and sanity to let it out and celebrate. We are one after all

AND QUIT RAINING DOWN ON OUR PARADE.

Happy Independence Day Somalia

We don't exist....

Keep telling yourself that lol

aero   

^ It's not healthy

Xaaji Xunjuf;965852 wrote:
Maps and bureaucrats in new york do not define if there is a union Somalia and Somaliland do. In my opinion and millions others the union was killed dragged on the streets of Burco and eventually killed and buried on 18 may in 1991. Its just a dark day for Somalilanders that doesn't make me sad lol. I am still happy for Somalia when they got their dignity and independence back from Italy. So i am very happy for Somalia. But you are welcome to delude your self that there is a union:D ka qasi mayo i xaflade

This is history re-writing itself once again just in a different part of the world. We know this story very well. The confederates (in this case Somaliland) wanted to break away from union with the North (in this case the rest of Somalia to the south) but unionists weren't having any of that secession mambo jambo and as we know it succeeded and continued with the union and is now one of the greatest nations in the world. And you wonder why I'm a unionist :D. The union always prevails!

If America and the powers that be defines Somaliland as a breakaway nation, best believe the rest of the world would accept and follow but since it chooses not to see you as one, y'all cease to exist.

aero;965857 wrote:
^ It's not healthy

This is history re-writing itself once again just in a different part of the world. We know this story very well. The confederates (in this case Somaliland) wanted to break away from union with the North (in this case the rest of Somalia to the south) but unionists weren't having any of that secession mambo jambo and as we know it succeeded and continued with the union and is now one of the greatest nations in the world. And you wonder why I'm a unionist
. The union always prevails!

If America and the powers that be defines Somaliland as a breakaway nation, best believe the rest of the world would accept and follow but since it chooses not to see you as one, y'all cease to exist.

Why do you love this union so much what is it in for you its certainly beneficial for you but not for Somaliland, as we seem to be different on this opinion. Union is dead in the hearts and minds of Somaliland and seriously my generation i think were the closest and maybe were idealistic to the union even though they suffered allot because many of them went through the civil war the 80s and their teen age years were ruined.The current youth born in the mid and late 80s. Have no affection at all with anything Somalia. There are different times i used to flirt with Somaliweyn few years ago with some of the youth and they all looked at me with an eye is he really one of us. If u want union and prevail, than u have to defeat Somaliland.

If you want to use the American context of their civil war. Are you ready for a war are you ready to spill blood for the union how many you want to sacrifice do you have what it takes to enforce a Union. America is not the horn of Africa. the horn of Africa is turbulent volatile region. And Somalia is very different than America the leaders of Somalia are different than the US leaders. Silanyo is not Jefferson davis. And Culusow is certainly not Abraham Lincoln. I dont think Somalilands future is tight to America the US is not against it and its not for it they are neutral they said it many times. They want the African union to take the lead when it comes to SL recognition. I believe Somaliland has a good chance to be recognized there are no major powers against it except the few hairy arabs in the region, Somalia is not Turkey or China. If South Sudan could break away from Sudan it took them 50 years If Eritrea could break away from Ethiopia it took them more than 30 years. Than i am sure Somaliland has it easy with Somalia the Amisom guarded government. 22 years and counting Somalia in civil and it is not closer to a union with Somaliland. I am even afraid that Somalia it self might disintegrate who knows with all the autonomous states popping up every where and neighboring countries supporting it.

The best way for Somalia and Somaliland is agree to live and let live and make sure the peace and stability is maintained in order for the brotherhood between the nations to grow.If we dont do that it will be wasted . If we dont dont do that i am sure in 100 years time when we are long dead the 2 people cannot grow towards each other and always remember today will be tomorrows future.

Aaliyyah   

Abbaas;965861 wrote:

Haybad waxaad ku leedahay dhulkaaga hooyo. Waana lama huraanE hagar li'i wax ugu qabo. Hantiyeey macaan waa midaan hoy laga odhaneen helayoo...

Soomaali waa mid, waa ul iyo mayrax, mataano weeye meel bey ka wada timid.

Hanfi iyo kuleyl ma leh dhulkeene, anagaa halaynee.. Somaliyeey hoy hoodaale weeye dagaankisa hodanka lo wada hamuuma.

GUUL KHAATUMO IYO SOMALIA !

Maqane   

Aaliyyah;965865 wrote:
Haybad waxaad ku leedahay dhulkaaga hooyo. Waana lama huraanE hagar li'i wax ugu qabo. Hantiyeey macaan waa midaan hoy laga odhaneen helayoo.

Soomaali waa mid, waa ul iyo mayrax, mataano weeye meel bey ka wada timid.

Hanfi iyo kuleyl ma leh dhulkeene, anagaa halaynee.. Somaliyeey hoy hoodaale weeye dagaankisa hodanka lo wada hamuuma.

GUUL KHAATUMO IYO SOMALIA !

Aad baan u jeclahay heestaas :) Guul baan u rajayn Khaatumo.