Che -Guevara

July 1st Happy Somali Independence Day

dear reer Somalia,

congratulatory best wishes for your 53rd anniversary of independence. mabrook. let's hope the situation of your country improves inshallah. on behalf of the Somaliand people, we are sending you our deepest felt hambalyo and brotherly love. congratulations.

NGONGE   

Sisyphean Somalis

Every time they elect a leader he turns out to be worse than the one before him. Every time they think they turned a corner, they find themselves walking down yet another dark tunnel. Every time they think they found a solution, they realise it comes with problems of its own. Just like Sisyphus we’re condemned to rolling that boulder up the hill only to see it roll back down again.

Still, one must not deal with history or dream of a future. One must always (first) deal with the present. Like the Turks, Egyptians or even Syrians. It is not the people that are cursed but their wretched leaders. As such, the problems of Somalia today must wholly rest at Hassan Sheikh’s feet.

I don’t believe Hassan Sheikh is a bad man. I don’t believe he’s clannish (as some claim) and I, honestly, believe that he has the best intentions for Somalia. Alas, I also don’t believe that he’s either equipped or equal to the job he’s been given.

It is very seldom that an African president would walk into a comfortable job that has an empty in-tray. It’s nigh on impossible for a Somali president to walk into such a job. Therefore, Hassan Sheikh knew the sort of job he put himself forward for and knew the types of obstacles he would face. None of the problems he’s facing today were a secret prior to his ascendency to the Somali presidency (Jubbaland and its problems was there, PL was there and Al Shabab were also there).

How then could a president that arrived with such fanfare and goodwill manage to mess up things to such a sorry extent? He even managed to fumble a straightforward issue like the Hassan Dhahir one!

I think A&T called it within a week of Hassan Sheikh being selected but A&T can be hasty sometimes. Surprisingly though, it seems that A&T was right all along. I think it’s time Hassan Sheikh stepped down. It’s time for fresh blood (the dam jaded turned out to be contaminated). It’s time for a fresh solution and fresh problems. It’s time.

Happy Birthday, Somalia!

Tallaabo   

I can not wish my brothers and sisters in Somalia a "happy independence" when in fact there is neither happiness and nor independence to speak of. However, I will pray for you this coming blessed month and ask the Almighty for your deliverance and guidance from this un-ending calamity insha Allah.

Aaliyyah   

Che -Guevara;965658 wrote:
We are in painfull times, mostly self inflicted. We should however honor those who won us this day.

Happy Somali Independence Day folks

Happy Somali independence day. Today is the day "Italian Somaliland" and "British Somaliland" united under one republic. We should definitely honor our forefathers for achieving Somali unity. Lets keep waving our blue flag. Guul iyo gobanimo.

Saalax   

But there is no unity today, it died in 1991 and Somalia is under foreign occupation. There is not much to celebrate, other than of course the day Italian Somalia took independence from their Italian rulers.

Happy independence day people of Somalia, eventhough this day is also a dark day for Somaliland. But its a good day for Somalia, because it gives somalia the strength to continue and hope.

Baashi   

Hambalyo dhamaan ummada Somaliyeed.

Maanta maanta, waa maalin weyne maanta,

Maanta maanta madaxeen banaane maanta!

This day was and still is a great milestone for all Somalis wherever they are.

Waa in la xusaa. Waa in la xasuustaa halyeeyadii u haray naf, maal iyo moodba sidii ay uga xaroobi lahaayeen gumeysigii markaa haystay.

aero   

Saalax;965660 wrote:
The day Italian Somalia took independence from their Italian rulers. Happy independence day.

and British Somaliland united with their southern brethren :D.

aero   

Xaaji Xunjuf;965799 wrote:
even though this day is also a dark day for Somaliland.

tumblr_lka915sLrA1qhgme2.gif

How so?