Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Somaliland:Maydh, Sanaag and Berbera, Sahil fisheries launched at East London

Saalax   

Maydh and Berbera fisheries business launched at East London

lZW908r.jpg

(Medeshi) - A company named Pontus Marine Limited to trade by shares for the development of the fisheries business in Somaliland was launched today at the People’s Palace Hall at Queen Mary University in East London. The executive director of the company Mr. Mohamed Yusuf who also owns the Invicta Capital Limited said that the company was being launched after a through research and a feasibility study that showed the prospectus of potential fishing business in the ports of Maydh in Sanaag and Bebera in Saahil of Somaliland. The company will start the first phase of the work from Maydh port where the company will initially use pontoons as a temporary service while the port is being developed . Mr Yusuf said that " although this is unique business initially based in Somaliland ,

it will eventually extend along the coast to Somalia in the future".

The company decided to establish a fisheries operation in the Gulf of Aden ( initially based in Maydh and Berbera) which is one of the most productive phytoplankton and zooplankton areas in the world, sustaining rich feeding and nursery grounds for more than 600 fish species , including high value species like tuna, lobster, cuttlefish, shrimps, shark and many more... The company is offering the Somaliland public to buy shares valued at $1 a share with no maximum limit until the target of $5 million is raised. The share taking will be based on first come first served which means that those that buy the shares early will get the top shares depending on the value of the shares that they buy . The company is expected to generate profit during the second year of its formation as the first year will be the formation of the business in Somaliland and building the infrastructure as well procuring the necessary equipment such as industrial refrigerators , delivery vans and trucks in addition to building cold storage warehouses. Berabera will be the main export hub of the

fisheries and all infrastructure to sustain the export will be in place at the end of the first year of the company.

The fisheries business will target the Somaliland consumers first, seconded by the 85 Million people of Ethiopian market . Ethiopia has promised to give fishing export licence to the company and has encouraged the establishment of the business although it has not invested in Pontus fisheries business. Other markets are expected to be The UAE, Saudi Arabia and China in the long run. Last receipt of completed applications and subscription monies will be on the

30th Oct 2013 . Closing date will be 31st of Oct 2013.

For more information contact ; Pontus Marine Limited

http://www.medeshivalley.com/2013/06/maydh-and-berbera-fisheries-business.html

http://oodweynenews.com/2013/06/maydh-and-berbera-fisheries-business-launched-at-east-london-photos/

GNeRlDS.jpg

Ob7Lz3P.jpg

Saalax   

Hargeysa is not a coastal settlement, it makes sense to open the headquarters in the coastal areas.

Gaadhaye Maydh to Berbera is 242 km. Maydh is located in north central Sanaag while Berbera is located

in central Sahil region, it is quite a distance.

Mafia   

Great stuff. Thanks for posting this Saalax. This is the sort of things that we need to focus our attention.

I mean why wasn't the launch in Hargeisa A business should be launched within the country. They could even do a double-launch through Skype or something.

Saalax   

Mafia NP.

Mad_Mullah;965633 wrote:
I mean why wasn't the launch in Hargeisa A business should be launched within the country. They could even do a double-launch through Skype or something.

They wanted to attract major investors in here, they already discussed it in back home. Enabling quality opportunity for all.

Saalax;965629 wrote:
Hargeysa is not a coastal settlement, it makes sense to open the headquarters in the coastal areas.

Gaadhaye Maydh to Berbera is 242 km. Maydh is located in north central Sanaag while Berbera is located

in central Sahil region, it is quite a distance.

Erase the nonsense and hatred from your poisoned mind. You are Somali. The fabricated “lander” postfix to the most honoured word in the universe “Somali” is a figment of your imagination.

My friend, I know that the GANG lied to you, but you have ownership in 3340 km coastal waters instead of confining yourself in a mere 242 km... Imagine the catch!!!!!

Come home son from the cold and from Goban’s hot drought winds and start singing “babaygii janaaliyo, canbo jilib ku taalaay”….

Saalax   

Don't give yourself a heart attack kiddo. No one is interested in Jowhar, koonfurian bananas iyo waxan aad sheegaysiid. We're content with our Somaliland. I am happy with my 689 km coastline of Somaliland.

Saalax;965638 wrote:
Don't give yourself a heart attack kiddo. No one is interested in Jowhar, koonfurian bananas iyo waxan aad sheegaysiid. We're content with our Somaliland. I am happy with my 689 km coastline of Somaliland.

Some psychologists have to organize a boatful trip of economists to do field study in The Triangle because what you are saying is contradictory to the human and even to the animal nature. All living things prefer to have more than less. So you and your baddies are content with $242 instead of $3340 just because the GANG says so, laughable indeed laughable…. “Muuskii janaaaliyoo, jowharad la moodeey….. “

Take that as carrot……..

The coast of Somaliland is enough for Somaliland , Somalilanders can build at least 4 ports on its shores there is enough Fish in the sea's of Somaliland for the entire region. Why would we want more tell me its not good to be greedy my friend.

Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “If the son of Adam had a valley full of gold, he would like to have two valleys, for nothing fills his mouth except dust; and Allah forgives him who repents to Him. Saxiix Bukhari”

Saalax   

Your house is burning, why should others join you? We have no time for haters trying to drag us down to their misery of being occupied by Uganda, Kenya, Burundi ;) .At this rate even those who consider themselves as part of Somalia want to escape that place. Realism.

We're not greedy people and are content with our Somaliland, I suggest you grow some self esteem and be content with your "Somalia".

Landers are on the wrong forum. They should start their own website like Djibouti people. Djiboutians don't know/care about what's going on in Somalia. Two separate countries.