Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Breaking news: Aweys on his to Muqdisho.

Haatu   

The top dogs should be made to pay and shot. Their execution won't prevent their footmen from deserting.

Haatu   

If you don't know the answer to that then this whole discussion has been a waste of time. Goodbye.

Sensei   

Khadafi;965262 wrote:
If H Daabir walks so will Cali Dheere and Godane. They too can play the clan card specially Cali Dheere.

Afkaaga caano lagu qabay.

And this becomes dilemma. The same treatment must be extended to the rest of Al-Shabaab, if not all has been none but farce. Remember, it is not like Aweis defected at the height of AS popular-ism.

Sometimes we have to consider the greater good. With this man and the others like him, I think a carrot and stick policy is most prudent. To encourage the others, the government should requires a poblic tobadkeen, renouncition of violence and politics. In return, they should allow him to keep a low profile in the capital where the government can hopefully ensure that he no longer is a threat to the public until the day when the government can hold national reconciliation efforts where people like can either be pardoned or face their crimes.

Marksman   

Will Aweys be barred from politics? If he won't be executed. I can't imagine him in the Somali government promoting extremist views.

So many people are grieving for their loved ones and this man was (partly) responsible for that. The government will lose its legitimacy if they treat him with impunity. Unless he comes forward with useful intelligence.

He needs to be sanctioned regardless.

warsamaale;965294 wrote:
what should they do with him in your opinion ?

The answer to this question deserves a topic of its own...I shall start one

It is time to be executed this Killer,blood sucker .he should not be entertained for Amnesty if any one pardons this Killer ,then that person also condones the killing of the innocents by the hand of this blood sucker killer. Kill him ,hang him don't however he dies but he must be Killed immediately. Or else.

I never understood why this old man has a bad rap. He is at least the most principled Soomaali politician since 1991. Aragtidiisa iyo mabda'iisaba 22 hal mar ma isku badalin. Waxaas waa qadiyad, which I personally never agreed. From Bari in early '90s to Luuq in mid '90s to Maxkamadaha's rise in mid '00s -- he always loomed there.

Kuwa asaga ka daran, dambi weyn ka galay qaranimada Soomaaliya ayaa ku damaashaadaayo Soomaaliya, qaarkoodna jagooyin u soo qabtay dowladihii soo maray, haddana jago ka haayo dowladaha maamul goboleedyada jiro qaarkood. Kuwana waaba dhinteen as 'heroes.'

Miyir   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;965368 wrote:
I never understood why this old man has a bad rap. He is at least the most principled Soomaali politician since 1991. Aragtidiisa iyo mabda'iisaba 22 hal mar ma isku badalin. Waxaas waa qadiyad, which I personally never agreed. From Bari in early '90s to Luuq in mid '90s to Maxkamadaha's rise in mid '00s -- he always loomed there.

Kuwa asaga ka daran, dambi weyn ka galay qaranimada Soomaaliya ayaa ku damaashaadaayo Soomaaliya, qaarkoodna jagooyin u soo qabtay dowladihii soo maray, haddana jago ka haayo dowladaha maamul goboleedyada jiro qaarkood. Kuwana waaba dhinteen as 'heroes.'

There is one thing to attack or score points against people you don't agree but to pardon or call principled that maniac Aweys that borders beyond madness.

Rahima   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;965368 wrote:

Don't know about his politics but agreed on this part. If we can forgive mass murdering warlords (who I am certain have committed more crimes than any members of Al Shabab) and then award them with positions of power, surely the SFG can sit down and negotiate with Al Shabab? He might be extending an olive branch here, treat him fairly and perhaps the others will be more inclined to come out of the woods.

Who knows, we might see a transformation of Al Shabab the way the Islamic brotherhood of Egypt did decades ago.

Miyir   

Rahima;965370 wrote:
Don't know about his politics but agreed on this part. If we can forgive mass murdering warlords (who I am certain have committed more crimes than any members of Al Shabab) and then award them with positions of power, surely the SFG can sit down and negotiate with Al Shabab? He might be extending an olive branch here, treat him fairly and perhaps the others will be more inclined to come out of the woods.

Who knows, we might see a transformation of Al Shabab the way the Islamic brotherhood of Egypt did decades ago.

what a short memory when clans men is involved! forgive for what blowing up kids?

Rahima   

Miyir;965371 wrote:
what a short memory when clans men is involved! forgive for what blowing up kids?

Ilaahay ha ku caafiyo.

I would engage you in a discussion but since you've decided to play the clan card I choose not to.

Miyir   

Rahima;965372 wrote:
Ilaahay ha ku caafiyo.

I would engage you in a discussion but since you've decided to play the clan card I choose not to.

interesting answer! you don't like me point out the truth? I can't think any other reason why you will defend the kids killer?

me think there is difference between warlord and maniac killers like aweys.