Sign in to follow this  
Dabrow

Warring factions in Kismayo careless about civilian losses, watchdog says

Dabrow   

Human Rights Watch (HRW) warned Wednesday (June 26th) that rival militias in Kismayo must take precautions to avoid further civilian casualties. At least 31 civilians were killed and 38 injured in clashes between militias supporting rival presidential claimants in Kismayo June 7th and 8th, according to the United Nations. "The militias fighting over Kismayo showed little apparent regard for the safety of civilians around them, including at a market and a medical clinic," HRW Africa Deputy Director Leslie Lefkow said in a statement. "All warring parties should take precautions to spare the civilian population. The laws of war apply to all armed groups." HRW urged the new United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM) to strengthen its human rights monitoring section to document violations in Kismayo and throughout the country.

http://sabahionline.com/en_GB/articles/hoa/articles/newsbriefs/2013/06/26/newsbrief-07

several comments.....

1. can you tell us more about the specifics of the civilian losses? in other words.....which militia has killed the most number of civilians?

2. can we say with some level of certainty who is responsible for the civilian losses? in other words.......do we have sufficient proof to say its not the 'friendly fire' of the KDF to further prolong the conflict?

3. what peaceful ''conflict resolutions'' mechanisms have been put in place to minimise civilian loses? in other words.....have the militias agreed upon a 'conduct of ethics' regulating their behaviours (in other words.....what is admissible and what is not admissible in times of 'war').

please advise.

Alz

Dabrow   

I don't have numbers but if would have guess then its the ras kamboni faction who have killed most civilians. They with assistance of Kenya wants to impose control of the city. However other factions are not blameless but their actions are in selfdefence where civilians have been caught in crossfire.

It's a clan conflicts in the city, there is no way to go around this fact.

I don't know what the different factions has done to minimize civilian loses but if these civilians keep getting caught inbetween then we will reach a point of no return in the region with clan warfare. This is not in the interest of anyone.

Dabrow;964801 wrote:

It's a clan conflicts in the city, there is no way to go around this fact.

we will reach a point of no return in the region with clan warfare.

Dabrow weli ilaahay buu dagaal qabiil ka baryayaa :D :D

thanks for answering my questions Dabrow.

it's a shame really. i hope civilians aren't being targeted deliberately in these 'shocking' clan conflicts. and like you say, this is not in the interest of anyone. inshallah kheyr.

xiinfaniin;964804 wrote:
Dabrow weli ilaahay buu dagaal qabiil ka baryayaa
:D

says the man who's become hees bila musiga ah oo cod kiniyati ah ku heesayo.

xiinfaniin;964810 wrote:
^^lol

But I never pray for voilance awoowe unlike Dabrow and co

balse, what do you propose, in terms of reducing the civilian death toll? because i'm certain that most people will agree with me......when i say, you've developed a dirty little habit of skirting around these boards like a latter day saint sort of commentator. there are people dying everyday in the name of establishing this jacburland mashruuc, ma garatay? where do you draw the line? what is Ahmed ''Kibaki' Madoobe doing to win the hearts and minds of the people he's decided to chafed under his supremacist tribal bondage?

please account for these question without restoring to insults and the vulgarity you've recently become known for, ma garatay? we're having a serious conversation here.

Dabrow   

xiinfaniin;964810 wrote:
^^lol

But I never pray for voilance awoowe unlike Dabrow and co

Quite pathetic xiin. Unlike you I have a large family living in kista, the city and its people have suffered to long and the last thing on my wish list is more suffering, however this don't mean that the people will accept Ras kamboni who came riding on KDF tanks.

Dabrow   

Alpha Blondy;964806 wrote:
thanks for answering my questions Dabrow.

it's a shame really. i hope civilians aren't being targeted deliberately in these 'shocking' clan conflicts. and like you say, this is not in the interest of anyone. inshallah kheyr.

No problem alpha blondy.

Peace is a must and also a political solution. Inshallah.

Dabrow   

xiinfaniin;964804 wrote:
Dabrow weli ilaahay buu dagaal qabiil ka baryayaa

Don't take my words out of context. What you qouted was a warning of what might happen if no political solution is reached. It's quite simple really and most of the observers of this conflict also warns about that scenario.

Dabrow;964821 wrote:
Unlike you I have a large family living in kista

lol@large family

yet you are the one supporting Barre (a man who has been used before and is now offering his services). It is you who wants a war to satisfy certain prophecies of your Mogadishu overlords :D.

quit it, or very soon you will die sheep's death.

Dabrow   

Let's end here since I don't see the value of debating you any longer on this thread, you are just full of nonsenses.