Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A Dark Day for the Survival of Humanity

Naxar Nugaaleed;964625 wrote:
One you confused me, I thought you were saying that you believed in personal freedom of gays like all other people but that you had issue with the institution marriage blah blah. lol, that would have made more sense, but what read now makes less sense. Gay rights is a train that has left the building a long time ago.

am really not seeing the conflict between individual rights and bedrock values, perhaps am not grasping what you mean by bedrock values. as I take it to mean, individual rights ARE the bedrock values of this country, that none sense in the constitution about inalienable rights! as for the masses and their demands, we live in a country, a democracy where the will of those masses is above all, except where it does not conflict with individual rights. So if the majority of the country decides tomorrow they want mothers and sons (completely wrong analogy btw, relation, no relation.) to marry, you dam* straight you will accept it because that is what people in the country live in want. No about what grown adults do in their homes is no ones business but them and their maker. I have no right to invade your privacy Xiin, because I think eating with your hands morally repugnant. Whats more offensive is the idea that you believe you are entitled to impose your ideas of morality and your own values. FYI I stay clear of words gaalo and calling people ajnabi in their own country lol

Abviouisly you are playing to the gallery . Man up , and tell me if you believe in the concept of man marrying another man. What DO YOU believe baba? Because if I go by your logic of 'I accept because that is what people in the country believe', then by logical extension if the majority of Americans oppose gay rights tomorrow and the Supreme Courts reservs its rullilngs , you would go along :D :D.

Majority fo Americans believed at one point that Blacks have no right to vote and whole host of other stuff that defies logic and common sense. Heck, majority of Americans at the hieght of Iraq war believed that Sadam was behind 9/11...come on waryaa and for a moment use your head.

As for Gaalo, gaalo means in Islamic lingo those who do not believe Allah the way Muslims believe. There is nothing deragotory about the word. Now before you get yourself confused again there is a world of difference between voicing your objections against things you deem contradictory to your values and principles AND impossing your views on others who do not believe in it. So there you have it, good NN. My opposition to gay marriage and homo promotion falls in the first category, not in the 2nd. there are millions of Americans who oppose this gay stuff for various reasons. fulaynima iska daa oo si saani u hadal for gods sake :D

Marksman;964651 wrote:
About 8-10% of the world population is homosexual. I still fail to hear what exactly makes homosexuals a danger to humanity. Because I know a few, both feminine and some even manlier than most straights I know.

Can someone list why they're a danger to humanity or marriage based on logic and not use religion, sentiments or homophobia?

Here is a man who knows how to frame an argument. Challenge me along those lines but do not come here with timid responses :D

Marksman,

I would be honest with you: I cannot DIVORCE my objections/reasoning against institutionalizing homosexual relationships and equating to the traditional family units FROM my beliefs/religious teachings. My values are informed by Islamic religion.

Tallaabo   

Apophis;964681 wrote:
Tallabo lalabo bu mesha kaynay.

But on topic: this whole thing is overfeed White people's problem. Here in Africa we have more primary problems and re-defining marriage isn't one of those problems.

It is not just white people's problem it is a universal issue

Che -Guevara;964642 wrote:
what history books are reading Naxar?

Nothing to do with that subject at the moment, just going of off materials I have come across much earlier but will be happy to look into it when I have time.

Xiin, waan ku gartay sxb, there was more of this is how things should be tone rather then this is what i believe in your argument. What am saying however is that there is a convergence between popular sentiment and logical understanding of the personal freedoms and equality that is inshrined in the constitution. Your views, in the sense ofAmerican popular opinion is very outdated, like I said that train has left the building a long time ago. What is being debated now, that the highest court in the land has found unconstitutional is the states unequal treatment of its citizens based on sexual oriention. If your arguemeny is that homosexuality is bad, that had its own place but it's a completely different arguement from the desicion of the Supreme Court today and Doma. Forgive the confusion but am just not sure of the case your making, is it homosexuality or the unconstitutionality of Doma.

Naxar Nugaaleed;964688 wrote:
Nothing to do with that subject at the moment, just going of off materials I have come across much earlier but will be happy to look into it when I have time.

Xiin, waan ku gartay sxb, there was more of this is how things should be tone rather then this is what i believe in your argument. What am saying however is that there is a convergence between popular sentiment and logical understanding of the personal freedoms and equality that is inshrined in the constitution. Your views, in the sense ofAmerican popular opinion is very outdated, like I said that train has left the building a long time ago. What is being debated now, that the highest court in the land has found unconstitutional is the states unequal treatment of its citizens based on sexual oriention. If your arguemeny is that homosexuality is bad, that had its own place but it's a completely different arguement from the desicion of the Supreme Court today and Doma. Forgive the confusion but am just not sure of the case your making, is it homosexuality or the unconstitutionality of Doma.

He's already stated that his religious beliefs form the basis for his disapproval of this ruling, meaning that it's unlikely that he'll evaluate this specific case on its merits.

Lol @black, Xiin has accused me of playing to the gallery but I would level the same charge against him, one on this issue the gallery is on his side and two he definitely knows better then to use personal religious views to advocate public policy in paluralistic society especially as a minority

NN,

It is homosexuality. You are still dodging my question: what does NN believe with respect to two men marrying to establish a family?

As far as constitutionality goes, I only brought today's rulings for its obvious political value. it sat a precedent, and it will be very hard to challenge homosexuals on a legal basis; the highest court of this land ruled in their favor.

When you write "there is a convergence between popular sentiment and logical understanding of the personal freedoms and equality that is inshrined in the constitution", you are speaking like a freshman excited about the liberal arts lectures , if not so I am hard pressed to come up with any convergence between popular sentiment that kept my fellow African Americans captive for hundreds of years and the most elementary understanding of American constitution, personal freedoms and equality. We are talking about a country where segregation was the law of the land as recent as my fathers generation. We are talking about a country which with overwhelming majority viewed black folks as creators that are only good at hard labor and entertainment (read: lack capacity to think)...

Indeed che is right which history books are you reading ?

Xiin walahi that is the biggest waste of my time that I can recall. You were all over the place but finally I see where all of this is going and if you would have made that more clear I would have not wasted any time. As for your arguments as a black, I can't help but find it laughable because as a minority of what ever stripe, any rational advocate knows its not an either or question, we either sink or swim together. racial equality, sexual equality, immigrant rights, gender equality, sensible drug policy, advocate s of incorcirated people, we are all one.

peasant   

Apophis;964683 wrote:
It's a classic white man problem. Our (African) society will not be modeled on European method; that isn't to say your private doings should lead you to harm.

It might not be an african problem now but in the long run it will be and you will see countries being labeled undemocratic as result of not having an adequate gay rights!. What you didnt realize or perhaps ignored is that much of the laws that govern the world today are dictated from places like Washington. God forbid it happens but if a Gay dude is elected into the oval office, you are pretty sure about what sort of policies he will pursue.

NGONGE   

Not sure why Xiin is getting all worked up there! If this happend in Saudi Arabia or Somalia, I would understand. But in America, GAAL gaal guursaday maaha in oo matag kaa keeno, saaxib. Waaba gaal, he follows different rules.