Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A Dark Day for the Survival of Humanity

Tallaabo;964596 wrote:
It is a proven fact that the biggest homophobes are usually closeted homosexuals themselves:eek:

Callin xiinfaniin a gay now, are we?

I think you took discussions in the politics section too far, just like a sister I know in these boards did. That is not healthy waryaa :D

Tallaabo   

Apophis;964601 wrote:
Marriage has always been the union of two people of opposite sex. To redifine it in such a fundamental way is to redifine what it is to be human.

Marriage is a religious institution and you have no business in the religious affairs of any faith.

Tallaabo   

Apophis;964610 wrote:
Marriage has nothing to do with religion; it has always been a state (society in the beginning) sponsored institution.

You can't change history with your mere words

Apophis;964601 wrote:
Marriage has always been the union of two people of opposite sex. To redifine it in such a fundamental way is to redifine what it is to be human.

If your talking about the natural benefits that come with long term cohabitation, why define marriage to begin with? The ceremonies themselves have no tangible effects. The breakdown of the nuclear family in the west came long before any gay had the gall to pursue marriage equality.

Haatu   

You know this reminds me of something I heard the other day. Apparently there's a gay Somali MP. How could this be?

Tallaabo   

Haatu;964618 wrote:
You know this reminds me of something I heard the other day. Apparently there's a gay Somali MP. How could this be?

We should have more of them;)

xiinfaniin;964602 wrote:

NN, In my few posts (if you are an intent reader) are profound questions: if we go by mere individual rights or the sentiment of the masses how could we ever exist as a society with bedrock values? If tomorrow one million mothers and sons come out demanding the right to marry how could one object their demands on the basis of individual rights, equality and fairness? Better yet , if these mothers and their sons form a powerful political lobby group and use democratic means to achieve their aspirations , would that make it right?

It is one thing to say : hey xiin these are gaaloos, if you don't like what they do , go and live somewhere else. It is another to intellectualize a clear nonsense and argue the abhorrent acts of grown men F*ng each other and want to get a legal certificate for the sodomy.

So quoting the GALLUP poll is the stuff a conformist do

One you confused me, I thought you were saying that you believed in personal freedom of gays like all other people but that you had issue with the institution marriage blah blah. lol, that would have made more sense, but what read now makes less sense. Gay rights is a train that has left the building a long time ago.

am really not seeing the conflict between individual rights and bedrock values, perhaps am not grasping what you mean by bedrock values. as I take it to mean, individual rights ARE the bedrock values of this country, that none sense in the constitution about inalienable rights! as for the masses and their demands, we live in a country, a democracy where the will of those masses is above all, except where it does not conflict with individual rights. So if the majority of the country decides tomorrow they want mothers and sons (completely wrong analogy btw, relation, no relation.) to marry, you dam* straight you will accept it because that is what people in the country live in want. No about what grown adults do in their homes is no ones business but them and their maker. I have no right to invade your privacy Xiin, because I think eating with your hands morally repugnant. Whats more offensive is the idea that you believe you are entitled to impose your ideas of morality and your own values. FYI I stay clear of words gaalo and calling people ajnabi in their own country lol

I don't know where you people live but there is actually two parts two a marriage. One you go to your musque, church, temple and perform what ever ceremony you like. The other, you go in from of a judge. religious and civil. Marriage started of as a civil act for taxation purposes and the religious aspects were added later.

Apophis;964626 wrote:

Early man defined marriage and thus it's not something modernly defined. And I would argue the ceremony has a huge effects. And the so called “breakdown" of traditional family is a red herring.

That was an error on my part. That last sentence was in response to your earlier post:

Apophis;964599 wrote:
As a Stalinist, I don't support these sort of backdoor shenanigans. The state should not be undermining the
bedrock of society i.e, traditional family/values

Xiin, I'm with you but from a different path.

Naxar Nugaaleed;964628 wrote:
I don't know where you people live but there is actually two parts two a marriage. One you go to your musque, church, temple and perform what ever ceremony you like. The other, you go in from of a judge. religious and civil. Marriage started of as a civil act for taxation purposes and the religious aspects were added later.

what history books are reading Naxar?

ANWAR   

I do not see the link between the down fall of humanity and same-sex marriages?? gay have ****ed each other long before they got married.....

Marksman   

About 8-10% of the world population is homosexual. I still fail to hear what exactly makes homosexuals a danger to humanity. Because I know a few, both feminine and some even manlier than most straights I know.

Can someone list why they're a danger to humanity or marriage based on logic and not use religion, sentiments or homophobia?