Sign in to follow this  
Skeptic

Ideas For Business Thread

Skeptic   

Assalaamu 'Aleykum all,

Can we share potential business ideas ...

They can range from anything (as long as its xalaal and doable)

I live in Minnesota most Somalis here are concentrated into Halal Grocery, Daycare and Home care are now booming, ...

But I like something different from that ... or anyone know anyone selling their business?

Thanks

go and do some market research marka hore and ask people what services they'd like. if you can't be bothered to do that.....then pick any random existing business and improve it using better management systems. if that doesn't tickle your fancy, then go for option C....somalise the business. give the business a somali flavour iyo makeover. simple. waa iga taalo. :D

Skeptic;963963 wrote:
Assalaamu 'Aleykum all,

Can we share potential business ideas ...

They can range from anything (as long as its xalaal and doable)

I live in Minnesota most Somalis here are concentrated into Halal Grocery, Daycare and Home care are now booming, ...

But I like something different from that ... or anyone know anyone selling their business?

Thanks

Why would one share potential business ideas?:P.. I got plenty and i aint sharing..

Mogadishu is like a baby so there are a lot of companies that you can start up there, I was thinking of a taxi company and BOOM! One week later I see a youtube clip of a new taxi company.

:(

Cambuulo iyo bun;963979 wrote:
Why would one share potential business ideas?
:P
.. I got plenty and i aint sharing..

that's nonsense, inaar. if your plan is solid then it needn't matter what the competition does or thinks. :)

Alz's ideas

a somali art cafe. awesome idea. this would work in the west. slogan....''giving you a taste of Somaliland/Somalia''

catering business. slogan.........''taking care of all your needs, on that 'special day'....:p

bespoke high end consulting firm - find something to consult people on.

matrimonial services and halal compliant dating (trained maxraams to monitor all successful 'dates'):P

administrative services business (to help people fill in application forms, registration service, notary, basic legal compliance services and stuff...):P

somali alternative and herbal medical shop - Dr. Ali Mao-Aweys -the German-Somali doctor is making millions and he doesn't cure anything.

one-stop-shop for ALL your German Medical treatment (organise flights, accommodation and a choice of hospitals for those 'obsessed' with german medicine...:P)

somaliland souvenir shop. EXCELLENT.

ethnic tourism (organised trips to miyaa and other specific places of interests in SL and Somalia)

DANGEROUS adventure-based voyeur tourism to Somalia - organise 'dangerous' trips around Mogdisho, Jubooyinka hoose and maybe Galkayo. set up meetings with AMISOM, RKM militia and other street militia type thugs (all actors). also let them meet key officials (actors). you'll also need a 'minder' (actor) from the ministry of 'national guidance' to keep tabs on them and to observe their activities at all times - induces a sense of being monitored and controlled. some organised 'clan attacks' with militias (all actors) with fake bullets....throw in some TERRORISM with some controlled IED explosions and a fake attempt at a suicide bombing....:P. oh and finally...some PIRACY related kidnapping (4 days MAX but pirates have be gargaarka deg-dega qualified, just in case...:P) doesn't have to be real but you ONLY sell the 'dangerous' aspects of Somalia. = MONEY

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Skeptic   

How much is enough to start a descent business these days?

I know sometimes great ideas don't require much money but a solid business does ...