Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Ha I Salaamin

underdog   

This happened to a cousin in London and I heard a couple of people in Downtown Toronto. Any personal experiences?

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

underdog   

Woman Hypnotized Into Giving Scammers $160,000 In Boston Chinatown, Cops Report

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/07/woman-hypnotized-into-giving-money-boston-chinatown_n_1496227.html

You are getting very broke. Very, very broke.

The Boston Herald reports that cops are on the lookout for three female scammers who are suspected of hypnotizing a woman and convincing her to give them $160,000.

In a blog post, the Boston police department writes that the unidentified victim said she was approached by three Asian women in the city's Chinatown on April 16. The post says one of the women "asked random questions about the victim's family members."

After the encounter, the victim said she went home with a bag given to her by the scammers. She filled it with $160,000 and jewelry and handed it over to the women at a previously agreed upon location.

The victim said she believed she had been hypnotized before going home to grab the cash.

Perhaps the woman who now finds herself out $160,000 can take some small comfort in knowing that she's not the only one to be done in by this type of ruse.

In 2009, a convenience store owner in New Hampshire was tricked by thieves who he said hypnotized him before making off with $1,000, according to WMURTV.

Boston police said the same type of trickery has cropped up in other cities as well, according to the blog post.

underdog;963941 wrote:
This happened to a cousin in London and I heard a couple of people in Downtown Toronto.
Any personal experiences?

i don't particularly recall this happening to Al. hope that's useful.

2250509_o.gif#ace%20ventura%20funny%20gi

underdog;963950 wrote:
I guess you have a point AB, there's no way to actually know it DIDN'T happen to any of us

you shouldn't believe in these things. it's one of the major forms of shirk. there are three types of Shirk, namely: (1) Ash-Shirk-al-Akbar, i.e. major Shirk (2) Ash-Shirk-al-Asghar, i.e. minor Shirk (3) Ash-Shirk-al-Khafi, i.e. inconspicuous Shirk.

never leave your house without full ablution and reciting your prayers. waa iga taalo, inaar-akhi.

waa bila towfiq

Abu Alfa Al Blondee

Aaliyyah;963957 wrote:
I've never heard of such a thing. Bisinka.

Bismillah Al Rahman Al Rahim.......,

Sister Aaliyaah of Abu Hafsa Mosque, (lowers gaze)

indeed, it is a great shock and tragedy that you and the righteous sisters of Abu Hafsa Mosque have not been warned of this heinous shirk. indeed, it is not surprising, to see the state of disrepair, your mental capacities, have been reduced to. verily, it's truly unbecoming of imamul Abu Hafsa Mosque, a once great hub of wisdom and enlightenment, to attend to politically correct 'let's have tea and halal/gelatin-free organic biscuits' get togethers and other vile 'community cohesion, engagement and outreach programmes'. certainly, this watered down 'apoliticalisation' of mosques in the greater Toronto area, is, indeed, testament to the 'intelligently cosmetified' moderate 'islamisms' taking form, these days. indeed, this is akin to and compliant with certain 'latter dayist' aspects of the geneva protocols. indeed, it is said, control what is between your legs and the words that your lips utter, ee sida uula soco, ya ukhti.

wa bila towfiq.

Abu Alfa Al Blondee

underdog   

Aaliyyah;963989 wrote:
I was talking to the poster of this thread. I haven't read your previous post.

Apprently its happens quite a bit. I dismissed it automatically but my cousin swears up and down that this arab guy just asked him for money and he just gave it.

In Toronto I heard there are some indian swami/guru guys around the Eaton centre that will walk up to you and tell you something no one but you could possibly know then proceed to talk you into going with them to an ATM to take out a couple of hundred $$$.

But I agree with with Shiekh Beta Al Brunette, Wudu and Ayatul Kursi is a great shield.

Aaliyyah;963989 wrote:
I was talking to the poster of this thread. I haven't read your previous post.

Sister Aaliyaah of Abu Hafsa Mosque, (lowers gaze)

oh right, my cafwans are in order, indeed (muted voice)

:P

underdog;963994 wrote:

But I agree with with Shiekh Beta Al Brunette, Wudu and Ayatul Kursi is a great shield.

Abu Kalab,

are you of the view of those who stress adding 'lemon seeds' and a 'copper bracelet' to the aforementioned list of 'protective measures' ?

underdog   

Alpha Blondy;964005 wrote:
Abu Kalab,

are you of the view of those who stress adding 'lemon seeds' and a 'copper bracelet' to the aforementioned list of 'protective measures' ?

do you somehow feel your lesson above on the different forms of shirk was lost on me?

^ that i do not know. my intentions were merely to 'remind'. its a shame you feel this way. it is said, the believer will not enter the gates of heaven with even an atom's weight of ARROGANCE.

waa bila towfiq.

AAAB