Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Give up arms or face full force, Uhuru tells Mandera, Wajir leaders

Daqane;964155 wrote:
Really then why is the sole dagoodi member of the SFG parliament on the HAG parliamentary list?

Very simple answer - HAG has, over the decades/centuries, absorbed other relatives into its ranks; not just genealogy - pure HAGs are a nucleus of well-known clans and camel () lovers () and Beledweyne () peeps () are not genealogically HAG for instance.

Another good example are the peeps (qaal) who joined HAG in 1991...

The in Kenya don't self-identify as HAG; those across the border have joined their abtis.

Clear? If not PM me...

warsamaale;964143 wrote:
but you know these who acculturated to borana/oromo culture still speak somali sometimes or pick it up very easily from what i have observed in kenya. i was talking to one friend of mine, he told me just 70 yrs ago, no one in their community spoke borana. they will tell you its not their language and af maay is their tongue.

Very true, some speak all 3 languages fluently - simple framework for understanding that is Somali clan migrations, who they came in contact with as they moved, who they settled with etc. The longfeet and in Kenya for instance are much much closer in many regards (especially and) than each of them are to their respective relatives back in Ethiopia....I have even seen entire jilibs of these 3 clans claiming to be one of the other interchangeably kkk

warsamaale;964141 wrote:
thanks for the clarification qansaxow. its seems you know much about this folks.

Thanks - spent countless hours trying to understand Somali culture, history, etc....:cool:

Wadani   

Tallaabo;964338 wrote:
What the hell is so special about being Somali?

Ninkii garanayaa waa garanayaa doqonna loo sheegi maayo.

Haatu   

Wadani;964341 wrote:
Ninkii garanayaa waa garanayaa doqonna loo sheegi maayo.

Ishaad ka ridey.

Tallaabo, Soomaalinimada wax lagu naco miyey leedahey?

Tallaabo   

Haatu;964344 wrote:
Ishaad ka ridey.

Tallaabo, Soomaalinimada wax lagu naco miyey leedahey?

Soomaalinimada ceebteedu waa dadka sheegta

Wadani   

Tallaabo;964353 wrote:
Soomaalinimada ceebteedu waa dadka sheegta

Self-hate has to be the worst possible disease one can be inflicted with. It's a chronic ilness with no cure (since changing ethnicity is an impossibility) that unleashes perpetual torrents of physchological torture every minute of every hour.