Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Xamar War Memorial

Carafaat   

The Government needs to build a war memorial (monument) to commemorate all those civilians who died in Xamar after 1991. Such a memorial will support in the reconciliation efforts, will serve as focal points that the war has come to an end and this will help in the increasing understanding between Somalis.

memorial911arizona_1.jpg

Somalia   

Leave it to beesha khaldan to make wrong decisions. Why should people have a monument reminding them of the dark hours of HAG destruction of our nation?

We want to move on Carafaat, we want peace of mind. :eek:

Carafaat   

Somalia;963509 wrote:
Leave it to beesha khaldan to make wrong decisions. Why should people have a monument reminding them of the dark hours of HAG destruction of our nation?

We want to move on Carafaat, we want peace of mind. :eek:

Such a memorial can help people to come to a closure, so one can truly move on.

I agree.

The whole city of Xamar should be turned into a giant war memorial illustrating the internecine strife within the HAG community during the last 2 decades and which continues to this day.

Why don't they eat cakes.;););)

you are suggesting a city without the very basic infrastructure to spend millions on concrete status, what a joke.

reconciliation is a state of mind thing not concrete.

^

Moonlight,

its a suggestion, ma garatay? do you have any bright ideas? you need help because waa in laga saaro cuqdada kugu jirata, inaar.

Carafaat;963512 wrote:

i actually agree with this. it won't bring back the dead but at least it'll give them some physical presence........ as though they're haunting us. 20 years later, the people of Somalia can recreate a newer version of their national psyche.

Yunis   

^^^waryaada separatists, why the need for these wisdom of peace structures and olive branch shaped monuments? Last time I knew there was MiG 15 mounted a top of cardboard box and a commemorating tank at sidewalk in Hargaisa. Sadaqo begins at home, shouldn’t you embark such enterprise there first.

It is actually a good thing it will remind the people every time that they dont want to return to anarchy and state collapse ever again.

Good idea Carafaat

Jacpher   

For what civil war? The civil war Muqdisho waged in the 90s or the one President Hassan and his defense minister are allegedly involved in today?

Alpha Blondy;963542 wrote:
^

Moonlight,

its a suggestion, ma garatay? do you have any bright ideas? you need help because waa in laga saaro cuqdada kugu jirata, inaar.

i actually agree with this. it won't bring back the dead but at least it'll give them some physical presence........ as though they're haunting us. 20 years later, the people of Somalia can recreate a newer version of their national psyche.

06052013153610.jpg

waryaarahee we know who is filled with cuqdad and hate, if a status can cure a nation it would've cured you lot who wish death and destruction for Somalia and its people. tell me how a concrete slab will help the people of Mogadishu, just tell me plz. here is my bright idea of how somalis can reconcile.

1) vacate all properties looted.

2) establish a Nuremberg court like system. start from Gen Morgan and Dahir Rayale.

3) establish a true peace and reconciliation committee and bring victims and assailants together.

If these steps are followed then I am sure we will have a harmonious nation. if not I can garantee you even if you build Liberty status and the ifiel tower it will do nothing. Magaratay inaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

Yunis;963545 wrote:
^^^waryaada separatists, why the need for these wisdom of peace structures and olive branch shaped monuments? Last time I knew there was MiG 15 mounted a top of cardboard box and a commemorating tank at sidewalk in Hargaisa. Sadaqo begins at home, shouldn’t you embark such enterprise there first.

talada wa la isku leeyahay. waana talo walaaltinimo ee xumaan ha uu fahmin.

i'm more than happy to hear your grievances of the SL Republic and willing to discuss my own reform ideas with y'all. we are by no means perfect and still have a long way to go. balse, exchanging ideas are important and fundamentally crucial to nation building efforts, as i'm sure you'll agree.