Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Giving your child an English/western name

Blessed   

I prefer for black people not to have English names -- names like David, John, Vernon just don't suite black people and then there's the historical factor.

underdog   

somalee;963240 wrote:
This goes to you and that character Nuune. The real name of the prophet wasn't Ibrahim, that's the arabic version of his name. His
real name was Abaarahiim
, which translates to ''Father of mercy''. But
Allah has mentioned him in the Qur'an as Ibrahim instead.

So when you say "Real name" vs "Name used by Allah" what you're implying is that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala got it wrong in the Quran?

You don't want a traditional Somali name, you seem to have something against traditionally Muslim names, yet you choose to "discuss" this issue on a Somali Muslim forum. Genius.

Name your kid Kobayashi or North.

^ Abu Kalab,

your knowledge of the deen is somewhat 'suspect'. where did you learn your knowledge? and under who, adigo mudane?

LOL@Kobayashi. you know Ususal suspects is one of my favourite movies of all time. awesome. :P

Waa bila Towfiq

AAAB

nuune   

^^ Adigu waxaad u hadleysaa like inaad boy or girl dhalayso, war waxaad dhali doontaa yaanyuur ilka la'

nuune;964217 wrote:
^^ Adigu waxaad u hadleysaa like inaad boy or girl dhalayso, war waxaad dhali doontaa yaanyuur ilka la'

aar bal tan eega?

oo wayoow? wax yaahas aad sheegeyso maag ba lugu kale qaata. :D

nuune   

aan ku yara saxo, maag ma aha ee waa mag, tan kale mag inaad halkaa galiso ma ahan ee xaal ku badal, waana kaa aqbaley xaalka laakin xaalka waxaan bixinayaa kolkaad wiil ama gabadh dhasho bas, waa bilaad yaanyuur dhashaa dee ama bakeyle

nuune;964224 wrote:
aan ku yara saxo, maag ma aha ee waa mag, tan kale mag inaad halkaa galiso ma ahan ee xaal ku badal, waana kaa aqbaley xaalka laakin xaalka waxaan bixinayaa kolkaad wiil ama gabadh dhasho bas, waa bilaad yaanyuur dhashaa dee ama bakeyle

thanks for clarify, inaar. :)

i'm lost for words, really. balse, this Ethiopian guy was recently telling me about 'monkey boy'. somewhere in the deep south of ethiopia, somewhere in the omo valley, there are various tribes with various customs and traditions....he spoke of the kara, mursi, hamar and nyangatom . he said, once the monkey king 'impregnated' a local woman and she borne him a son. for added value, he also said, the monkey tribes don't attack that village, because of 'monkey boy'. he said he saw the ''monkey boy'' but i think i'll leave it there because it can get very graphic.......ma garatay? :P

underdog   

Alpha Blondy;964213 wrote:
^ Abu Kalab,

your knowledge of the deen is somewhat 'suspect'. where did you learn your knowledge? and under who, adigo mudane?

Waa bila Towfiq

AAAB

Saaxib, Yesterday I agreed with you on a statement you made:

But I agree with with Shiekh Beta Al Brunette, Wudu and Ayatul Kursi is a great shield.

and your response to that was :

my intentions were merely to 'remind'. its a shame you feel this way.

Here we are today, where I question Somalee on a something he/she said...with no indication what so ever on my knowledge or level of deen and here you go again with the poking and prodding.

You have some issue that's weighing down on you. Unburden yourself and say what's on your mind.

underdog;964240 wrote:

You have some issue that's weighing down on you. Unburden yourself and say what's on your mind.

grow a sense of humour, why don't you? :mad:

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;964239 wrote:
thanks for clarify, inaar.
:)

i'm lost for words, really. balse, this Ethiopian guy was recently telling me about
'monkey boy'
. somewhere in the deep south of ethiopia, somewhere in the omo valley, there are various tribes with various customs and traditions....he spoke of the kara, mursi, hamar and nyangatom . he said, once the
monkey king
'impregnated' a local woman and she borne him a son. for added value, he also said, the monkey tribes don't attack that village, because of
'monkey boy'
. he said he saw the ''monkey boy'' but i think i'll leave it there because it can get very graphic.......ma garatay?
:P

looooool

underdog   

Alpha Blondy;964271 wrote:
what the hell is your problem?

I have quite a few problems at any given time. can you be more specific?

wyre   

underdog;964209 wrote:

So when you say "Real name" vs "Name used by Allah" what you're implying is that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala got it wrong in the Quran?

You don't want a traditional Somali name, you seem to have something against traditionally Muslim names, yet you choose to "discuss" this issue on a Somali Muslim forum. Genius.

Name your kid Kobayashi or North.

Chemesunde

Chemiron

Chepkeitany

Chepkwony

Cheruyot

Chumo

Kenduiyo

Kibiwot

I'll advice him these names :D