Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

President Hassan's National Security Should be Sacked

That includes Defense, Interior, Spy Agency and Police heads. Their incompetence is not serving the president and the country. They may be close friends with the President, some of them may be even ideological bedfellow with him, but president Hassan's national responsibility is to ensure the security and safety of Somali people and those who come to help them.

President Hassan needs to show he is in control of the situation and take some drastic personnel and policy actions.

ps. I may have been very vocal opponent of president's policies toward Kismayo in particular and federalism in general but I sure do not wish him fail, for if he fails the country will as well.

You are right Xiinfaniin the interior Minister defense Minister needs to be sacked , the government really looks terrible as it currently operates there is no strategy to stop the attacks. The top intelligence officer his entire office need to be under supervision how do you know he is not an inside man Amisom needs to run the intelligence with Somalis working and taking orders. But i doubt the president will sack the interior Minister since he is a key member of the Damuljadiid group maybe he will sack fiqi.

This is damaging the reputation of Somali people in general as it depicts that they are not ready for doing the heavy lifting in terms of security and political stabilization of the country. Abdikariim seemed to have been interested more in shaping the outline of federal Somalia rather than fulfilling his portfolio responsibility in coordinating security apparatus of the SFG , defense minister has been proven to be beyond incompetent, the man does not even qualify for a clerk let alone to be the head of Somalia's armed forces and coordinating the resuscitation of Somalia's defense institution. He was a bad choice to begin with, and he must be fired now.

^^I still like Maryam Qasim. Fawzia though her lack of experience in her portfolio is apparent does no harm to the reputation of the country

Everyone knows I don't like Hassan but this isn't his fault, no government can stop Shabab, just like the Afghans/British/Americans/Germans/Canadians etc. aren't able to stop Taliban attacks.

Maqane   

100% agree Xiin. I recommend a new administration ASAP or otherwise the government will never learn from it's mistakes.

Hadal badan haan ma buuxsha, baa la yiri!

They should act now!

Dabrow   

Mad_Mullah;962968 wrote:
Everyone knows I don't like Hassan but this isn't his fault, no government can stop Shabab, just like the Afghans/British/Americans/Germans/Canadians etc. aren't able to stop Taliban attacks.

The anti government factions are using this tragedy to score cheap points against the government. Alshabab won't stop the attacks, because of minister change, let's not delude ourselves.

kickz   

Dabrow;962970 wrote:
The anti government factions are using this tragedy to score cheap points against the government. Alshabab won't stop the attacks, because of minister change, let's not delude ourselves.

I agree, lol @ the ignorance of thinking this will be solved by simply voting in new government officials...

Mafia   

The problem is lack of strategy to counter Al-shabab on the Government's part. The intelligence is there, everyone will tell you, even Western intelligence sources continuously feed their leads to this government, but Hassan and his team are utterly incompetent and unable to do anything with it. Lack of experience is the big thing that is haunting this government, but also misplaced priorities is amplfying the threat, as what little resources they have is diverted elswhere

Dialogue is the only way forward. The PKK is still in Turkey, al-Qaeda in Iraq, Taliban in Afghanistan and these are governments with a lot of training, experience and expertise.

The only thing that the Somali government could do is arrest/torture/kill everyone they think is related to Shabab which will just shove the people in Shabab's direction.

Duufaan   

it is not the attack but simply the government response. you see white man firing RBG and poor Amison and every body else in the scene. Who is in charge for what? the moqdisho government does not work. It is NGO business like.

I think every one here is missing the bigger picture, The President is just a sympol of an entitly, he can't fire any one of them. these thugs are there to collect handouts made by the foreign donors who are there to extract somali tresures. Suppose he becoem bold enough and fire each and every one of them, but on what charge? he himself lacks the confidence and the trust, so he might cause all of them to gang on him and form another Org. He is lost and these thugs are going no where , they are well armed to the teeth.